Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Closed Thread

Old 23-02-2006, 12:34 AM
Space_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASA
What if something was inconceivable but nonetheless true? So we could never conceive of how it might be from a logical perspective, but somehow or other we knew it was correct, even if we didn't know how it worked.

[color=#444938][font=Verdana]O.K., I acknowledge
Old 23-02-2006, 10:28 AM
DASA

Paradox

[quote=Space_Man][color=#444938][font=Verdana]I realize that its all about beliefs
Old 23-02-2006, 06:00 PM
Space_Man

[color=#444938][font=Verdana][quote=DASA]
Old 23-02-2006, 09:40 PM
DASA

God's shoes

[quote=Space_Man]
[color=#444938][font=Verdana]Yeah
Old 19-05-2006, 11:59 AM
DASA

Destiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Wise Man
"The future is already written, and yet each man is still free to do as he chooses. These things may seem contradictory, but in reality both are true."

Hi Space-man/Poppies,

if you're out there somewhere. I thought you'd like this link to a trailer for a film called Destiny. Check out the slogon of the film ... maybe it was inspired in 'some' way from the 10-page disussion?...

http://www.nyfilmvideo.com/2006/nyma...ny/trailer.wmv

Best Wishes,

Das
Old 19-05-2006, 12:58 PM
Master
Hi Guys , here`s another opt on the thread of pre destiny and choice.
I see it like this, we humans are operating inside time, but the divine is time, and everything else. So rather like an old film reel showing through a projector, evrything is known by the director,but we do act out our own choices appropriately, within time. God just has a wider perception and this is how he is able to incorporate pre destiny. So we do make our own decisions and yet to some extent they are pre destined.
I know the human mind wants to tear into this, run it around and question it, but the way I have described it , on a simple level is how it operates, or so I believe

hope that helps hugs peteyzen
Old 12-07-2006, 09:55 PM
Klumsy

I think only certain people have pre set destinies. I think those who have pre set destiny are meant to do someting greater than themselves. A good or evil for their fellow human beings. I think people who do great eveil who pre destined to do it to. So what I'm saying in this unorganized ramble is that i think only certain people have pre set destinies and those destinies are for something greater than self accomplishment. But i do not believe in free-will and choice. I think we all let our lives be control with or without our knowledge. Or maybe that is only true here, i haven't experiences life in other countries so it may be different.
Old 19-07-2006, 04:30 AM
8-infinite-8

The negative accentuates the positive.

I think there is a part of our selves that already knows why we're here, & how we got here.
We're apart of "God" that already knows, the only part that questions this, is the collective conditioned mind frame that we've been led to believe is the way to be, we've been brainwashed since we got here, thus creating 2 conflicting opinions within the majority of us, between soul(infinite) & body(form) & all that is form, has already dissolved, it is inevitable.
Behind all negativity or anything, lies a lesson to learn, no matter how big. We're merely the experiencing side of information, our souls have free will, but it determines which one within you is making the decision, your soul? or your worldly conditioned mind(ego)? if you're decisions are based on the Ego's want's & needs, you would think ,that, that is the wrong way to go, but without that wrong way, how would you find your true self ??
There must be free will behind all action, even if it is'nt your free will, there is still something positive to learn from it,ultimately nothing is bad,there is no right & wrong, negativity is all an illusion created by the worldly conditioned mind, subject to death, the ego.You can only know right & wrong if you know the answers to the universe, wich you don't, the negative accentuates the positive. Nothing is "wrong" on earth, it just "is" for a reason.
In 1 million years from now, will you still be ??
Of course, It would make no sense otherwise
Old 01-08-2006, 07:38 PM
Kirllan

The only problem I would have with knowing my predestination, is that would take all the fun out of life. I have learned why I am here at this point in my path, but I won't know the outcome for sometime. I have no problem with it, as long as this life is done right. As long as I do what I am here to do in this lifetime. I will be satisfied just knowing that for now. I believe Jesus did follow a preset destiny, just like me he found what his purpose on earth was and he did just what he was sent to do. I am sure being nailed to a cross is no common fantasy, but fighting his role would have been much worse for the wear. I believe in a blend of freewill as well as predestination. Not completely sure of it, but I see it in that way.
Old 04-08-2006, 10:34 AM
Enlightener

Head's up(or bottoms up...whatever) 8-Infinite-8, your right on the mark.

I couldn't agree with you more...

God
Closed Thread