Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 31-08-2011, 12:20 AM
TeeHee

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightowl
The way in which you are describing God in the verses you have shared sounds like a slave ownership relationship. In that we are rewarded if we please God, and if we don't please God by what the Christian Bible states, than we are what, punished? God created us and therefore God owns us and our fate is determined by God. Reward and punishment, right?

nightowl

Whatever floats your boat! Just do what you please, whatever feels good.
Old 31-08-2011, 02:22 AM
mattie

Biblical Infallibility??????

It looks like you take the Bible as infallible truth.
Old 31-08-2011, 02:34 AM
mattie

Your Truth Is Your Personal POV, Not Necessarily Others POV

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeHee
... Perhaps, in reverence and in faith one worships, as an expression of gratitude towards the grace of God.

Your view seems to be in your 2nd post of this thread that we are given faith as a ‘gift from god, not because we deserve it, have earned it, or are worthy to have it. It is not from ourselves; it is from God. It is not obtained by our power or our free will. It is simply given to us by God, along with His grace and mercy, according to His holy plan and purpose, and because of that, He gets all the glory.‘ This is a mainstream view of organized religion.

This is ~~~A~~~ view that is your right to hold as ~~~YOUR~~~ personal truth. That it is your truth doesn’t make it everyone else’s truth though or require them to have these same beliefs in order to have spiritual integrity. Many see the process of spiritual beliefs as a very active process of us being in full partnership w/ the energies we call God, not the passive, empty vessel of organized religion, grateful to get filled up w/ a superior deity’s glory.
Old 31-08-2011, 02:52 AM
mattie

Very Judgmental Of Others As Lacking In Faith

To Internal Queries:
Quote:
How sad that some wear their lack of faith as a badge of honor. But I can see your lack of knowledge in regards to scripture, and your tactic in picking an argument and making it personal. I think that you are one who is better off on the ignore list.

Quite the superiority perspective in the extremely judgmental view that others are insufficiently lacking in faith as well as lacking in knowledge to the scripture.
BTW, I've read the entire Bible cover to cover & many sections repeatedly & did extensive Bible study before walking away from my parents' religion.
--------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightowl
And your point is what, that God considers us as children? I have children but I don't think of them as possessions...

Quote:
I'm still trying to figure out from where you're referencing yourself as a considered possession?

It is ➼➼➼ your ↵↵↵ statement that you view us as a possession of god.

Quote:
God designed a way to distinguish between those who belong to Him and those who don’t, and it is called faith.

The phrase, ‘those who belong to Him’ is very possessive. Fairly self explanatory.
Old 31-08-2011, 05:36 AM
A. Consumer

Sorry I am replying to you en mass I didn't expect so many responses so quickly.

NightNow #1 Interesting Response!
Tee Hee #1: I don't believe the person quoted is an athiest.
Arive nan- Powerful insight into the topic.
ZipZip- In the spirit (i love your pic by the way).
Internal Quiries #1 - I totally get your wit.

Animus 27- I don't believe the quote is intimating blind faith, I think its talking about standing by God, having faith even when things are against you. There are many stories in the bible about this.

Interal Quiries #2- As we all can be.

Mattie #1_ regarding who is The Prophet of Life, I know him by his quotes and a a cool book by him that someone gave me as a gift. I looked up the website you posted in your response and found a blog called "Who is the Prophet of Life?" that sort of says no one really knows who he is but that's the point, he wants the messages (I guess from God) to be important not the messanger. At least he's not trying to make himself famous like other "Prophets" I've seen crop up lately.
Internal Quries #3 Another good one.

TeeHee #2 Thank you for looking up this info on different aspects of faith. I tend to think the last 3 topics support the quote especially the bible stories of Moses, Noah, Abraham & Rahab.

Night Owl- Personally, I tend to agree with you on these points.

After the last post mentioned, your postings seemed to digress into what appeared, from the reading to be personal attacks (perhaps I am incorrect but that's how it read to me. Please lets just remember that everyone is entitled to voice their opinion without others sitting in judgement over it. When you criticise others about their point of view there's always the chance they will take it personally. If you disagree, perhaps you might consider voicing the disagreement in a respectful manner. For example saying "When you said such and such did you mean so and so?" as opposed to "You are a _________ because when you said ___________ you meant _______."
I thought this was a thread for spiritual people not mind readers. Please don't assume people mean something just because that's how you read it. Thank you for your responses I hope you consider this topic valuable enough to continue to discuss it.
Old 31-08-2011, 11:46 AM
Master
Quote:
How sad that some wear their lack of faith as a badge of honor. But I can see your lack of knowledge in regards to scripture, and your tactic in picking an argument and making it personal. I think that you are one who is better off on the ignore list.

well, my lack of faith is what it is. i can't seem to do much about it. it's not like it's a choice. your god only provides the "gift of faith" to a select few so it's not my fault i wasn't lucky. since according to your holy text his decision to withhold that soul saving gift from me destines me for his eternal torture chamber how could i not take it personally?

i guess it's easier to put the damned on your ignore list than to consider how your belief system works from their POV. compassion isn't your strong suit. is it?
Old 31-08-2011, 12:58 PM
Master
True faith, before this we decide what is not true,
Old 31-08-2011, 01:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinker108
True faith, before this we decide what is not true,

so the aquiring of faith is a process of elimination?
Old 31-08-2011, 01:55 PM
seahorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
so the aquiring of faith is a process of elimination?
Of course it is. When all we sinners and not believers go to heck we'll meet the Venerable Torquemada there to enlighten us how elimination is a crucial part of every faith....
Old 31-08-2011, 01:57 PM
seahorse

Or brother Adolf, he eliminated so many Jews, i believe he has proven his faith to the Lord....