Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 29-03-2014, 03:40 AM
definitely ready

Fish Strong affinity for water

Does anyone else have a very strong affinity for water, specifically the ocean? I never feel more at peace than when I am sitting, watching the waves and the sunset. I kind of have a turbulent soul at times, so it's even more interesting how much the energy of the ocean speaks to me. No one in my family really likes the beach, they can take it or leave it, which kind of makes it that much more interesting because I had to come to the realization that beside the ocean is where I need to live (and luckily have briefly). Take me baaack.
Old 29-03-2014, 05:05 AM
Smilealittlebrighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by definitely ready
Does anyone else have a very strong affinity for water, specifically the ocean? I never feel more at peace than when I am sitting, watching the waves and the sunset. I kind of have a turbulent soul at times, so it's even more interesting how much the energy of the ocean speaks to me. No one in my family really likes the beach, they can take it or leave it, which kind of makes it that much more interesting because I had to come to the realization that beside the ocean is where I need to live (and luckily have briefly). Take me baaack.

Oh yes!

It's not so much the ocean for me - just water in general. Whenever I'm in water, say swimming, I feel truly at peace. My mother likes to call me a fish, haha.

I think that everyone has something elemental that brings them peace. For some people it's water, for others just being in nature. Others love fire, some the wind. All of us have something. c:

I know how you feel! I'd love to live on some form of water - a lake, an ocean, even just having a pond in the yard would be nice. Or a pool.
Old 02-05-2014, 12:34 PM
Pathfinder
Yes definitely ready! I know exactly how you feel! Just sitting watching and listening to the waves makes me so happy and peaceful. I do not live near the sea and a lot of the time I feel a longing to be near the ocean, I know I belong there. I do have a cd of wave sounds which I listen to which calms me and which I sometimes use in meditation :) I understand what you mean about a turbulent soul, I too feel that way and feel a connection with the energies of the ocean - perhaps because the waves can be calm at times but also extremely turbulent at others, mirroring the emotions within us xx
Old 02-05-2014, 12:45 PM
Experiencer
Many Welsh songs and poems feature the ocean and a longing for the sea. My local town has an appropriate motto, which I love and understand completely.

"The sea washes away the ills and cares of all men"
Old 02-05-2014, 12:53 PM
Deactivated Account
The ocean is integral to my well-being. I love all water, but sitting near, or immersing myself in, salt water is healing for my body and soul
Old 03-05-2014, 09:12 AM
Knower
Muileag said it all.

The most important element of nature for me, with salt and wind as the most important ingredients.

And in case when ocean can't come to me, I'm losing a minute with gazing into gushing water in fountain...
Old 25-05-2014, 06:06 AM
libelula

I definately feel more at home on the ocean than land, I have to live by the sea.
I find the presence of water peacful and calming.
Old 25-05-2014, 06:28 AM
Master
I live on the coast of northern NSW Australia. Sometimes at night, when the wind is right and the seas are high, I get the sounds of the surf singing a lullaby as I fall asleep.
Old 25-05-2014, 11:46 AM
libelula

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visitor
I live on the coast of northern NSW Australia. Sometimes at night, when the wind is right and the seas are high, I get the sounds of the surf singing a lullaby as I fall asleep.

NSW as a beautiful coast line. beautiful warm sea and waves, it dosn't get better
Old 25-05-2014, 06:03 PM
Experiencer

I live near the Pacific, and love to listen to it "thunder" as it rolls under the pier. I watch the surfers, as they struggle to become one with the waves. The Pacific is not a "calm" ocean. It reminds me of how insignificant I am, and how important the balance of nature is. I leave with a clear head, and heart - all the cobwebs washed away.