Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Hypnosis

Old 21-02-2015, 09:50 AM
Newbie ;)

How to remove blocks during hypnosis?

I am trying to make positive change through self-hypnosis, but the only thing holding me back is myself... Everytime I do hypnosis, there's always a small fear in the back of my mind that says "this doesn't work", and a lot of times I don't feel like what I'm doing is effective, therefore not making it effective. I know for it to work you must practice it consistently and believe it is working. Does anyone have any tips on how to remove these self-limiting beliefs that say I can't make positive change through my mind?
Old 24-02-2015, 09:34 PM
Suspended

all you need to do is believe, you really dont even need hypnosis. You just need to get over what ever block there is. In life, if your afraid of something, you confront your fears, you sleep in the woods at night until your no longer afraid of the dark. So what ever your mental block is, you need to prove to yourself that you can overcome it.
Old 01-03-2015, 05:39 AM
Seeker

Angel1

Hopefully I can help. If not, I am doomed lol I am currently going to school to become a hypnotherapist. First of all, understand that hypnosis is an incredibly natural process. Something you experience on a nearly daily basis. It's just that relaxed alpha state of mind. Similar to what is experienced while meditating. The only real difference is you are actively trying to make a change rather than clearing your mind. People experience this while watching movies. It's just a place where you are highly suggestible (and who better to listen to than yourself) self hypnosis is a bit different than going to a hypnotherapist (at least at first) but as you do it more and more you will get better at it. Your subconscience will start to get trained, so to speak, as long as you are consistent. Just be calm and know that when relaxed you ARE in a highly suggestible state of mind and with consistency you will train your mind to think and act in the way you want it to. If you would like I could tell you the way that I was taught to do self hypnosis. It's pretty simple and just sort of sets a sceneario that my mind has learned to pick up on quickly and as a result moves into hypnosis faster.