Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 10-01-2018, 03:02 AM
Knower
Are WORDS basically dualistic?

To me, describing nonduality with words is like unintentionally cloaking it with duality on some level (if not all levels).

Is discussion regarding nonduality akin to discussion on the complexities of a wardrobe?

Speaking of cloaks, one wears a cloak, one is not a cloak. Or as Philippe said in the movie The Man in the Iron Mask, "I wear the mask, it does not wear me."

So as a writer I recognize the irony of posting this but for some reason I find value in it.

It goes without saying that I welcome all other takes on this.

Btw, that is a nice shirt you're wearing!

Side Bar: It is as if words convey that nonduality is nonexistent/ unreal and yet it is all that exists.
Old 10-01-2018, 04:03 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampgrl
To me, describing nonduality with words is like unintentionally cloaking it with duality on some level (if not all levels).

Is discussion regarding nonduality akin to discussion on the complexities of a wardrobe?

Speaking of cloaks, one wears a cloak, one is not a cloak. Or as Philippe said in the movie The Man in the Iron Mask, "I wear the mask, it does not wear me."

So as a writer I recognize the irony of posting this but for some reason I find value in it.

Side Bar: It is as if words convey that nonduality is nonexistent/ unreal and yet it is all that exists.

It seems that we use words to express thoughts and feelings. With good will it goes back and forth in the attempt to understand each other.

It happens here in duality but that is not a reason to regard the attempt as invalid......is it?
Old 10-01-2018, 04:44 AM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:

Of course it is ironic, but as this is a forum, words are mostly what we have to use in this medium
Old 10-01-2018, 04:58 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamit
It seems that we use words to express thoughts and feelings. With good will it goes back and forth in the attempt to understand each other.

It happens here in duality but that is not a reason to regard the attempt as invalid......is it?

As a writer on the subject I have to say no, it is not invalid. But is there a position where it is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomingtree
Of course it is ironic, but as this is a forum, words are mostly what we have to use in this medium

I am reminded of that many times, blossomingtree, as I put mind to thought, pen to paper.

If nonduality were two, its language would be heart-to-heart and beyond all logic.

Old 10-01-2018, 05:09 AM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
I am reminded of that many times, blossomingtree, as I put mind to thought, pen to paper.

If nonduality were two, its language would be heart-to-heart and beyond all logic.

Indeed, swampgrl. In a little stroke of synchronicity, this exact theme crossed my mind today as well - the irony of words in the non-duality forum, so thanks for posting.
Old 10-01-2018, 06:26 AM
Master

Quote:
As a writer on the subject I have to say no, it is not invalid. But is there a position where it is?

If the intention is simply to invalidate the other point of view then the attempt to understand each other is not the objective so in that sense can be said to be invalid.
Old 12-01-2018, 03:42 AM
Knower
No matter how elegant the words, duality can only hint at ________.

It cannot say or be.
Old 12-01-2018, 06:07 AM
Knower
All named things (i.e. ‘nonduality’) take on the appearance of things which is the realm of duality.
Just pointing out the trickery of mind/ words. Obviously ‘nonduality’ is a placeholder.
Old 12-01-2018, 10:55 AM
Master
Quote:

If the mask has been removed I wonder how you would see all this?

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 13-01-2018, 05:29 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
If the mask has been removed I wonder how you would see all this?

Good question.

Perhaps see it as it really isn't.

If nonduality had a humor,........ what mask?