Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 11-05-2019, 06:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taking a Break
I wander why they called Maharishi Mahesh Yogi "the giggling guru" , sorry just a thought that popped in.

I'm glad you popped in, you're funny. The answer, probably because he knew what was good for him
Old 11-05-2019, 07:59 PM
Suspended
I think that something is wrong with me (Immaturity?) because I'm the only one of my peers at home that still enjoys comedy, an old favorite is Benny Hill.

I am doing a rerun of "that 70's show", and every time I see someone from Wisconsin on SF, I control myself to not say "Hellooo Wisconsin".(The show "took place" in Wisconsin.)

Thursday I watched Trevor Noah: Afraid of the Dark, a standup comedy show mixed with a lot of wisdom and he said something very (enlightening) nice about the female part.

Is there a link between spirituality and comedy?
Was the person from the Bible that came up with the saying/verse/quote: "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?" also a comedian?
Will I loose my "appetite" for comedy if I awaken or reach enlightenment?
Old 11-05-2019, 09:03 PM
Master
There's nothing wrong with you Taking a Break, remembering to see the funny side of life is a great thing. Look how funny, intelligent, and wise Robin Williams was.

Is the female part joke too rude to put on here? I'm now wondering what it is

I think you're already awakened, you sound like a good person with a kind heart. And you know what kindness is.
Old 11-05-2019, 09:36 PM
Master
Taking a Break, the King James version of that quote isn't so comical:

Matt.7. [1] Judge not, that ye be not judged. [2] For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. [3] And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
Old 11-05-2019, 09:39 PM
Master
*maybe the translator in your quote version was though :-D
Old 12-05-2019, 12:29 PM
Suspended
Thanks J, Actor/Comedian Hal Sparks has a quite similar view about the female part and you can watch it on YouTube https://youtu.be/DcM0DPH2bNo
Old 12-05-2019, 12:52 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

It's hilarious to consciously talk about a beam in someone's eye. (or more when a very serious person like a teacher or preacher is talking about beams in someones eye) ,
I wander how kids would comment.
A psychological analysis would be nice to read about all those hilarious sayings.
Old 12-05-2019, 01:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Thanks J, Actor/Comedian Hal Sparks has a quite similar view about the female part and you can watch it on YouTube https://youtu.be/DcM0DPH2bNo

True
Old 12-05-2019, 01:52 PM
Master
Quote:
It's hilarious to consciously talk about a beam in someone's eye. (or more when a very serious person like a teacher or preacher is talking about beams in someones eye) ,
I wander how kids would comment.
A psychological analysis would be nice to read about all those hilarious sayings.

We used to play a game at school, everything teacher said think of the rude version