Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 03-11-2018, 04:30 PM
Newbie ;)

Why do some dreams feel so scary real?

Hi.

I've got a question about dreams... Usually my dreams are quite normal meaning I wake up and I think about the dream if it was a dream I enjoyed or got scared or confused from but it doesn't affect me in any kind of way while other nights I wake up and the dream felt so real I can't shake it for the rest of the day and tonight I had one of those dreams...

I read somewhere that this can happen if what happened in the dream, people in the dream etc. are special to you or connected to special memories of yours in waking life but that wasn't at all the case with this dream and usually isn't for these types of dreams for me. The dream had one like one "main storyline" but a bunch of side events that most of them were quite disturbing. The main storyline was sort of cute but didn't really go anywhere because other strange things kept happening in the dream. Still now I do not know what is so special about this dream when i've had both stranger, cuter, weirder and much more realistic dreams in my life but the entire strange vibe from the dream is stuck within me like i'm still there. It's both fascinating and creepy. Why does this happen, what does it mean?
Old 03-11-2018, 10:01 PM
Master
sum tims cud be food u hav had cud mak dream mor luce reall it cud be
if u hv hav a dream its bst to wite doon on put on hear coz sum 1 on hear will bond to hlp u get senses if yore dreams thy will

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 05-12-2018, 08:05 PM
Deactivated Account
Most of the time fear within dreams arises from things we are suppressing. The greater the fear the deeper the suppression. Tracing the meaning usually involves ignoring the actual dream symbol and following the source emotion back to it's root. Check out a book by Carl Jung called Man and His Symbols. There is a great audiobook version of it on YouTube.
Old 09-12-2018, 02:50 PM
Super Moderator
I suspect dreams are overly dramatic to get our attention and to elicit the emotion at hand. The dream itself may relate to how your life is moving forward or better still not moving forward all that much because of some more minor side issues going on in your life keeping you from maybe setting a goal or going after one. If the side activity was scary then it could relate to fears sidelining your efforts. Get to the fear and resolve it and then your life will move forward.
Old 11-12-2018, 07:36 PM
Pathfinder

It is not well understood in science yet, how dreams work. I think because it uses the same organs and body parts that we use to experience this universe.

Because it seems so real, I believe it is part of the way we reincarnate, and how we create our own heaven.

It is working like a filter while making sure your highways and byways are still working.

:-)
Old 14-12-2018, 09:57 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefferson
Most of the time fear within dreams arises from things we are suppressing. The greater the fear the deeper the suppression. Tracing the meaning usually involves ignoring the actual dream symbol and following the source emotion back to it's root. Check out a book by Carl Jung called Man and His Symbols. There is a great audiobook version of it on YouTube.

Fear definitely, but other emotions that I am suppressing as well. I don't often remember my dreams but when I do it is usually because my subconscious is onto something. I am very good at suppressing my emotions (even to the point where I was giving myself ulcers as a child). At night, my subconscious mind goes to work exploring what I my conscious mind is drowning out during the day. It creates a metaphorical world to elicit and represent those emotions often in ways that are bizarre and unrecognizable at first. When it is onto something, it will sometimes start repeating that dream. When it has a eureka moment it seems to make my conscious mind aware of what it has discovered, and I wake up knowing exactly what the symbolism of the dream was all about. Often I will then realize that I was feeling a certain way about something but denying it it to my self (or at least not aware of it). It is as if my mind is making up stories and playing them until I see the common moral between them. The more bizarre nonsensical seeming stories can often prove to be the most revealing in the end, as the moral can be the only thing that makes any sense in it.
Old 14-12-2018, 10:09 PM
Deactivated Account
I just got chills from head to toe! I have been doing that as well. I did it while dreaming a few times. Deciphering the dream while I am dreaming.
I did like your interpretation as well. I got that the dolphin was alive so it was more than a memory but I attached it to the flowering of the individual after it is reveled and healed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Fear definitely, but other emotions that I am suppressing as i iwell. I don't often remember my dreams but when I do it is usually because my subconscious is onto something. I am very good at suppressing my emotions (even to the point where I was giving myself ulcers as a child). At night, my subconscious mind goes to work exploring what I my conscious mind is drowning out during the day. It creates a metaphorical world to elicit and represent those emotions often in ways that are bizarre and unrecognizable at first. When it is onto something, it will sometimes start repeating that dream. When it has a eureka moment it seems to make my conscious mind aware of what it has discovered, and I wake up knowing exactly what the symbolism of the dream was all about. Often I will then realize that I was feeling a certain way about something but denying it it to my self (or at least not aware of it). It is as if my mind is making up stories and playing them until I see the common moral between them. The more bizarre nonsensical seeming stories can often prove to be the most revealing in the end, as the moral can be the only thing that makes any sense in it.