Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Taoism

Old 19-04-2012, 02:57 PM
Autums_Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
We've come a long way from normal in this world, Autumns Moon. So, returning to the natural way of being is a big change. And change like this... a new way of viewing life and of experiencing yourself... will inevitably bring up fear.

To take the Taoist way with whatever resistance and fear you observe in yourself... simply accept whatever you feel as just what's happening right now... and let it flow on. Then a new sense of freedom gradually develops in you.

I find that conscious breathing in my belly helps this allowing and letting go a great deal.

Xan

I have been doing Chi breathing and its helped me. At times its hard because I forget to breath into my abdomen. Sometimes during my breathing that fear within me appears and I want to squash it, but I know it more about accepting and then releasing.
Old 19-04-2012, 03:00 PM
Autums_Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodhiChan
Any and all "struggles" we have are based on the illusions and attachments we inherit as part of our human condition. The ultimate attachment is to our "human" self which is our ego. This is the ultimate illusion. This is what "dying to self" means. This is the most difficult thing to do in our human existence but must be accomplished in order to achieve True enlightenment.

Namaste,

Bodhi

I feel this is true. Lately I've been slowly learning to distinguish ego and higher self. I'm waiting for the big change to happen, but then that's the impatient part of myself. I need to learn to trust in the process, have faith in my path.
Old 20-04-2012, 07:35 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autums_Moon
I have been doing Chi breathing and its helped me. At times its hard because I forget to breath into my abdomen. Sometimes during my breathing that fear within me appears and I want to squash it, but I know it more about accepting and then releasing.
Breathe 'with' the Dan Tien (abdomen).. breathe 'into' the whole body..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodhiChan
Any and all "struggles" we have are based on the illusions and attachments we inherit as part of our human condition. The ultimate attachment is to our "human" self which is our ego. This is the ultimate illusion. This is what "dying to self" means. This is the most difficult thing to do in our human existence but must be accomplished in order to achieve True enlightenment.
Enlightenment is as much an illusion as the imagery you are suggesting.. simply 'still the mind', forget the complexities of rituals and imagery..

Be well..
Old 22-07-2013, 07:26 PM
Deactivated Account
You're "taking up taoism"?
That is not a good idea.
Better to simply become familiar with what it is, then let it do its thing.
Old 27-08-2014, 10:37 PM
Knower
Perhaps you should try some simple Zen short exercises to help you understand. I came to Taoism as "cheesy" as it sounds through the martial arts and trying different things without really trying them. Eventually this developed into moments of satori and this led me to read D.T. Suzuki and Alan Watts and want to understand Zazen. Ultimately many Eastern concepts lead to the same place. Feel around for a while with your eyes "closed".
Old 28-08-2014, 05:04 PM
samsara4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi

Enlightenment is as much an illusion as the imagery you are suggesting.. simply 'still the mind', forget the complexities of rituals and imagery..

Well put. "Be still".
Old 29-08-2014, 02:15 PM
Knower
Cat Simple breathing and some exercises

I don't know how the weather is where you are, but here it is still nice. By that I mean a great time to get out a do something physical and seemingly mundane. For me it is often archery or forms or adagio in the middle of the floor. But sometimes it is something as simple as tossing the Frisbee or even washing dishes. I honestly found that by simply engaging physical exercises (anything really). If I knew the actions and was able to do them without much thought and just a passive nearly (astral ) observation, I began to be aware of shift and flow. Maybe that was a bit too far too kinesic or nebulous but it is my very vague description of what was meant by a simple exercise. Once a pattern is seen it allows a glimpse of the Tao (perhaps).