Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 15-10-2018, 05:32 PM
Knower
Devil in a tree & zombies

Before I get on with the dream I'd just like to input that I'm not particularly religious, so I don't see the devil as bad or evil, nor do I fear him. I see him as more of an archetype and almost have a lot of sympathy for him. The character to me is vastly misunderstood. And as far as characters go, he's the type of character that I love because of the depth and pathology within the arc of the character.

Anyways, on with the dream:

There's a vast grass plan, and then a crisp line determining the forrest from the plane. I'm sort of floating in this dream, I have no body, just my thoughts, and I'm watching this all from an aerial point of view.

I see a girl walking, muttering to herself, she looks upset or irritated. Shes carrying a basket with flowers and fruits. She's making a lot of noise, and doesn't realize theres a group of zombies following her. She sets the basket down on a single tombstone in the entire field. She then turns and notices the zombies and starts screaming and running, but they chase her and chase her.

I'm thinking, if she just stopped screaming, and stayed quiet, the zombies wouldn't chase her. They chase her into the forrest.

Afar someone laughs. My viewpoint then goes to a tree. Perched in one of the branches is someone who my mind registers as, the devil. He takes a bite into an apple, and watches the girl run, and laughs. He laughs, and laughs as he eats the apple. He knows the same thing I know, he thought the same thing I did, which is why he's laughing at her.

Below him, a stray zombie stops and hears his laughing, and looks up at the tree. He continues to laugh, they can't get him from up there.

~End dream.

I have a few guesses to what it could mean but I'd like to see other interpretations as well. Thanks in advance.
Old 16-10-2018, 07:13 AM
Super Moderator
I would suspect this dream relates to some issue that you may need to confront. I suspect the girl represents your emotional body. In general you carry healthy loving attitudes and habits with you but may have disowned a part of yourself. This part lays dead but haunts us. The longer we avoid it the more it chases us creating bigger fear in us until what we avoid becomes a monster. So the dead person under the tombstone is the part of you that you have disowned. Zombies are considered the undead. They are essentially emotionless which may suggest some level of depression. When the girl was muttering and irritated it attracted the zombies. Your solution to the problem is to stay quiet and not attract attention. This could suggest that the zombies are emotionally compassionless people who get on your case when you are frustrated, upset or irritated. Either way, whether it's yourself or others it sounds like a part of you believes it's best to keep your upset to yourself. Don't speak up for fear of attracting attention when in fact the act of not speaking up is what may lay dead inside you.

My impression is that you have a generally healthy perspective on life but may struggle with your anger. Anger may not have been safe for you to show growing up so you disowned it feeling like it's better to stay quiet over drawing attention to yourself for being upset. The issue though is our anger doesn't really get resolved. Resentment and upsets stay with us and can create discord and even illness. The reason the devil is laughing is that this is playing right into his hands. By staying quiet and biting your tongue the things that upset you in life will continue to have the power to cause you to run for the hills keeping you stuck in a pattern of fearing yours or other people's anger.

So what is your opinion of anger? What messages did you get about it growing up? Do you always try to keep your upset to yourself? If so why? Was it safe to be upset or did you have to keep things to yourself? It seems to me you may have been taught to deal with anger by keeping quiet when keeping quiet is the danger itself because all the resentments build and create discord in our emotional body. The longer we avoid the bigger the fear becomes. So the solution to avoid anger is possibly the problem in the first place and you may not be seeing it. The zombies may not chase you if you keep your upset to yourself but they will still be around lurking. So maybe take some time to contemplate your relationship with anger and maybe reconsider the idea that keeping quiet all the time is the safest course of action. It may help you avoid uncomfortable confrontations but at the cost of your overall emotional wellbeing.
Old 16-10-2018, 06:17 PM
Knower
Wow! Michelle, I really liked your interpretation more than a i do mine. That resonates with me a lot. I definitely need to work on my anger, as a child I wasn’t allowed to feel it.