Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Quotes & Stories

Old 12-04-2013, 12:02 PM
Knower
Madness :)

Saw this on deviantart and connected, I don't know who wrote it though,

"When you find yourself slipping into madness, dive."

I used to Fly.
Old 12-04-2013, 12:27 PM
amy green

I don't see this as funny so much as irresponsible and worrying.
Old 12-04-2013, 01:20 PM
Knower
Well, as far as I can tell there is no truly objective reality, so everybody's normal is madness to somebody else. My mom used to say, "Everybody's crazy, some people are just better at it than others."

I used to Fly.
Old 12-04-2013, 01:49 PM
amy green

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfe of Wildwood
Well, as far as I can tell there is no truly objective reality, so everybody's normal is madness to somebody else. My mom used to say, "Everybody's crazy, some people are just better at it than others."
Well, however that may be, the quote is kind of giving permission for indulging in losing whatever sanity we still have!
I regard that as irresponsible/reckless thinking.
Old 12-04-2013, 08:20 PM
TheLegendaryDreamer

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy green
Well, however that may be, the quote is kind of giving permission for indulging in losing whatever sanity we still have!
I regard that as irresponsible/reckless thinking.

It is quite hard to dive into madness without being overcome by it. However, I think you are missing the point. If someone has a trauma in their childhood (this is only to serve as an example), they may feel themselves slipping into irrationality seemingly without reason. But, in reality, by diving right in, you can expose a part of yourself that's been hurting for so long that you forgot about. In the above example, one often has two choices -- to ignore those feelings (allowing them to resurface more intensely at another time) or to try to get to the source.

I've got an analogy. Often, in video games, there will be certain objectives with multiple paths or ways to achieve them. The shortest route is usually the hardest, but is the most rewarding. The easiest option in this case is usually to suppress those emotions. The hardest? To go to the source and try to heal. For some, to 'dive in' is the only way to expose those emotions.

However, between some people, the entire definition of 'madness' is different. Madness may be defined as challenging your deepest fears, or embracing your fantasies. To dive in, then, surely isn't a bad thing, is it?
Old 12-04-2013, 09:08 PM
amy green

TheLegendaryDreamer - I can only hope that your interpretations will occur to others who may read the quote.