Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 29-09-2012, 06:48 PM
Seeker
You're welcome Black Sheep. Thanks for making the link easier to access. Enjoy. :)

Also, thank you lendvdb64 for opening this thread. :)
Old 30-09-2012, 01:37 PM
Guide
No problem Nightsky, I just wanted to facilitate your wish/desire. And my apologies to Lendvdb64. A big thank you for starting this thread.
Old 04-10-2012, 05:49 PM
Homeward Bound

Nice find, and thanks to the people who found it on Hulu and linked it up for us. I so enjoy reading/watching books and films on this subject.

As for Astral City, its a decent little film, but i felt there were quite a few holes in the story and it explained very little on much of the subject matter. And except for 1 or 2 moments, I also thought it also failed to capture the emotion and wonder of it all. Indeed, it felt more like he landed in some alien work camp. I do think What Dreams May Come conveys the emotions of it all much better.

Still, i did come across this thread late at night and just had to watch it straight away, even though i was about to go bed. So maybe, being so weary didn't help either. I shall watch it again later with my wife.

So, whose up for making the movie on "Life in the Unseen World" by Anthony Borgia? :)
That would be great to see.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:05 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeward Bound
Nice find, and thanks to the people who found it on Hulu and linked it up for us. I so enjoy reading/watching books and films on this subject.

As for Astral City, its a decent little film, but i felt there were quite a few holes in the story and it explained very little on much of the subject matter. And except for 1 or 2 moments, I also thought it also failed to capture the emotion and wonder of it all. Indeed, it felt more like he landed in some alien work camp. I do think What Dreams May Come conveys the emotions of it all much better.

Still, i did come across this thread late at night and just had to watch it straight away, even though i was about to go bed. So maybe, being so weary didn't help either. I shall watch it again later with my wife.

So, whose up for making the movie on "Life in the Unseen World" by Anthony Borgia? :)
That would be great to see.

Thanks for the info

The comparison with 'What Dreams' was most helpful. That's a movie I've often suggested myself to enquirers as a way to help them gain some impression of how things can be 'over there'. Even then no movie can do true justice - not even one about 'Life in the World Unseen'.

thanks again for your reactions
Old 06-10-2012, 03:49 AM
Homeward Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
Even then no movie can do true justice - not even one about 'Life in the World Unseen'.

Yes, i very much agree with that mac. Our lifes/experiences are unique to us. I feel like if some alien perhaps channelled 2 people from planet earth, and asked them what life is like on planet earth, they could get rather different answers depending on the person asked of course.

i.e "We live in such big spacious palaces" / "We live in tiny little huts, crammed with many others."

"There's very little water to be seen anywhere, it's just so dry and barren." / "It's so wet here, water regularly falls from the skies and the river often bursts its banks. But our gardens love it and are abundant with flowers and plant life."

This could lead to confusion to someone listening from elsewhere, and maybe they'd think one of them may be lying. Of course, they both are telling the truth in relation to themselves.

So, when studying death and the afterlife, I try to keep an open mind and just enjoy studying and hunting for any truths that i can find.

Anyway, for those interested. I should just add that i did watch the movie again as i said I would and would say that it certainly is worth watching if you too are enthralled by the tales of those who have passed on. 6/10. Still think What Dreams may Come paints a more vivid picture; I felt like I was looking through a window at the other side. With The Astral City, It felt like I was watching a movie set. But I still enjoyed the story for what is was..
Old 06-10-2012, 04:22 AM
Henri77

Of course,
What Dreams May Come cost 7x as much a Astral City (just looked)
so they could manipulate reality far more effectively I expect.

Haven't seen it yet, but agree the trailer looks more sci-fi than spiritual, and yes,
much like, "Defending Your Life" in appearance, a new age version of the afterlife.

However , how it affects one, is really what matters, and most viewers reviews are quite positive. (those listed at Amazon)
Old 06-10-2012, 07:50 AM
mac

If this new movie sows the seeds of eventual acceptance and understanding that life is continuous - that life goes on beyond corporeal death - then it will have made a positive contribution.

more ways of skinning a cat than one.....
Old 06-10-2012, 08:14 PM
Henri77

Religion and science still shape most peoples beliefs , and movies can only suggest alternatives to their imagination.

Yet documentaries on regression hypnosis has likely opened the eyes of many to afterlife-pastlife possibilities they hadn't seriously considered.

Jurgen Ziewe offers insights few have shared before (pretty astonishing, really) from his astral journeys to the after-between life realms
http://www.multidimensionalman.com/M...ter_death.html

as well as Dolores Cannon , and her regression work. Very enlightening.
http://www.dolorescannon.com/
Old 06-10-2012, 08:46 PM
Henri77

I just realized both protagonists are medical doctors!
sigh!

Oh well, I ignored Tom Cruise in War of the Worlds and Valkyrie so I guess I can live with this trite convention.

Wealthy, white & successful must resonate with some folks.??
I love Night Shamalan as he values the common man and finds inner qualities more than sufficient to capture character of soul.

I noticed the trailer of Astral had only one non white face I could readily see.... seemed rather shortsighted even though the primary theatrical audience was Brazilian. Hopefully the film reveals more ethnic diversity

It's rather surprising how many SF members question-doubt reincarnation.

Last edited by Henri77 : 06-10-2012 at 10:25 PM.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:10 PM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenvdb64
Has anyone seen this movie.
I saw it a few weeks ago. It was a brilliant depiction of Life between lives in the Astral realms.

I understand from Astral Travellers that this movie comes the closet to portraying life in the afterlife, and how the Astral planes are divided into the lower planes and the higher planes. Each of these planes provide a Vibrational Match to every person who dies and enters the afterlife.

You end up on the plane which matches your vibrational frequency at the time you die. If you are in a state of mental turmoil ond conflicted, you end up in a place that matches that vibration.

By raising your vibration you are able to get out and move to the higher planes.

Yes, this movie, more or less, depicts a certain level of life on the otherside, but it is a terrible movie and was a huge disappointment......if you can see it for free, fine, but I wouldn't waste my money on it.........