Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 22-09-2012, 02:05 AM
Knower

I've followed a vegan diet for the last 6 months, I've literally not had one menstrual cramp or any pain. That alone is enough for me to stick with the change in what I eat, but I've also noticed so many other great benefits too.
Old 22-09-2012, 08:19 PM
Master

It's a curse it's a curse.

I want to run away from the painkillers and drugs but it's so sore and gets sorer by the month.

I'm in a bit of a stew about it as it's been so uncomfortable that I daren't dodge the painkillers. I do take magnesium as I was deficient and I need to try and see how that works out in reality without the painkillers. It's a catch 22 tho - with the pain I have to take the painkillers at the first sign of trouble. Maybe next month I'll ease of the drugs ...??
Old 03-01-2013, 08:35 PM
Master
hi! it's been a while since this thread was posted in, but I wanted to say that if you're still having trouble, I had great success with a homeopathic remedy for cramps..

I used the brand Hyland's; they have a formula simply called PMS and another called Menstrual Cramps. I think I've used both and either worked as I currently have both of them now.. however, I barely ever take them now because I don't need them!
when I first took it, my cramps disappeared within minutes! and the same happened for my mother who I gave some too. this happened the vast majority of the time I took them

now let me just say that I think if you are experiencing pain and discomfort from your period it's a sign that something is not right within you.. they say that women shouldn't have menopausal symptoms like they do, it's just the unwell state of the person that causes all that stuff, otherwise it would be a relatively painless transition...
so I am of the opinion that your monthly period follows the same tune..

I totally recommend the homeopathic remedy, but there are other things that work great too. you can always google if you need to find an alternative, but I would definitely try the homeopathy. those bottles I mentioned are less than $10 each and come with a long-lasting supply.

if anyone is going to take my advice, I will include here an important note about taking homeopathic remedies:
when taking an oral dose that's meant to dissolve under your tongue (which the kind I recommended is) you are supposed to have a "clean" mouth, which constitutes not eating, drinking or smoking anything (except water unless it's polluted or something) 10-15 minutes before and after taking the remedy.
the little pills are like sugar pills but can be kind of chalky so I do recommend making sure your thirst is quenched before taking it

I hope this can help someone, because we don't need to be in such pain every month!
Old 03-01-2013, 08:39 PM
Experiencer

Calcium and Vitamin D tablets worked for me :)
Old 23-03-2013, 06:12 AM
Experiencer
Cal-mag tablets and vitex/chaste berry extract (Femaprin is supposedly the best brand), also avoiding any meat/dairy that might contain added hormones.
Old 08-04-2013, 12:06 AM
Master
Wow...all of the above are good suggestions.
You do need to check your diet. I am gluten and cow's dairy intolerant.
So whilst still eating gluten in my 20s, none of my nutrients were being properly absorbed, and my cramps were terrible no matter how many vitamins I took.
Light protein (like tuna, eggs, or yoghurt) is great, though, all else equal.

I have found that vitamin C, calcium and b-complex are key...need at least 1 month (or up to 2 cycles) before seeing some help.
Many find that D, E, and fish oil supplements help, as some have mentioned.

In general, nutrients and herbals, including teas, that strengthen the blood and calm the nerves will help.

BUT
Vitex/Chasteberry extract every day on top of all the others is what relieved me of the need to take much if any ibuprofen. Now I hardly ever need it.
The others didn't hurt but didn't help me so much...plus, though I didn't have terrible PMS as some do, I think that I do feel that the vitex/chasteberry extract does noticeably support you at that time.

Peace & blessings,
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 08-04-2013, 08:13 AM
missrachel300

Dong Quai is supposed to be very helpful for different kinds of menstrual problems. You can take it in a pill or make it into tea.... It will also probably thin your blood (which can be good or bad depending on your health issues).
Old 08-04-2013, 07:14 PM
Experiencer
I've recently found a Yogi tea - Woman's Moon Cycle - that contains both Dong Quai Root & Chaste Berry. I know with chaste berry you have to wait 3-4 cycles to see results and should be used regularly, so not too sure how effective this tea is. The directions on the box says to drink 4-5 cups throughout the day during premenstrual days.
Old 13-04-2013, 08:45 AM
Master

eating a banana first thing in the morning esp on a couple of days before and during the period helps prevent painful cramps...possibly because of magnesium.
Old 19-04-2013, 02:54 PM
Knower
This is quite an old thread, but I wanted to add to all the great suggestions here that I have found that crampbark tincture (don't try to make a tea, it tastes awful) and raspberry leaf tea work wonders. The raspberry leaf tea also tastes great so it is an easy remedy to take.

Also, just be very careful with herbal remedies. Read up as much as you can. A lot of remedies contain phytoestrogens and, if you are estrogen dominant, you may not want to add to that.