Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 11-02-2012, 03:32 PM
Tanith

Need help for our home's ghost

Sorry it's going to be a long one!!! (And this is after I cut a bunch out!)

My mom and I felt the presence (and saw the evidence) of a ghost or spirit who was dwelling with us. We did not know its age, sex, race, or anything, just knew it was here. They were a little mischevious, just doing random things that weren't dangerous, but funny (maybe to it anyways). Once, it pulled a picture off the wall- when we retrieved the picture, the frame had litterally been ripped from the wall- it didn't just fall.

Needless to say we didn't hang that one up again!

Anyways so about two weeks ago my disabled uncle who has down syndrome moved in with us. Almost immediately he started talking to something that we couldn't see. He has cataracts (which he didn't use to have) and so we think that perhaps with his vision loss in this world, he began to see things or shadows from the other.

One time when he was walking into the kitchen, my mother was behind him, and I was beside him, but he stopped looked in front of him and smiled and waved, saying "hey" to whatever was there. Another time, he looked over his shoulder and said "Yea!" and giggled, when we were eating, as if the ghost asked him if his food was good.

From his behaviour we've deduced that the ghost is a child, a little over 4 feet tall. Today he told us it was a girl, and described in detail that she was asking him for his comb so she could comb his hair last night. (We think this may be why ALL of our haircutting scissors have been disappearing the past few weeks?) At one point also, we were all watching a movie, and he kept looking in the (empty) chair next to him, giggling and talking, responding to questions we couldn't hear. In one picture we took of him, there is a tiny little orb floating next to him and he's grinning.

Up til now, it's been funny and cute, and never a problem. My mom and I have never been able to communicate with spirits outside of dreams but we've always felt them. But the past few nights my uncle's been screaming and waking us up. This morning he kept saying he was seeing things outside and he told the little girl to go away, that he wanted to sleep.

I really don't think she is malicious, perhaps she's been so long without a friend she's lonely, but she is getting to be a problem when she never has been one before. Plus there's suddenly spiritual things outside apparently, that we have not noticed before.

I want to put a perimeter around the house to keep them out, but I don't want to cause harm for the girl, because I don't think she has malicious intent. My mom is going to try and research all the people who have lived in this house prior to us- it was built in the 1950s I believe, and is a very old house.

Any help and advice on the subject would be much appreciated!!
Old 11-02-2012, 03:40 PM
Master

Poor man, to be both a medium and a Down Syndrome victim. Can you teach him something basic like saying "Stay away all spirits except my little friend, so be it"? Also you should put up a house-wide protective spell/bubble to keep all negative forces away. Which might not work if the other spirits are not negative as such.
Old 11-02-2012, 04:05 PM
Tanith

He did not used to be a medium, that, or he was always able to control or ignore it. Having some sort of "ability" runs in our family.. at least my grandfather's blood, as my mother and my uncle are both my grandfather's children- his youngest son and his youngest daughter, and none of my other family members really seemed to have any ability, and downright laugh at it.

He did manage to communicate with us that he told the spirit to "go to bed". I am definately contemplating a bubble of some sort... We will see if we can work with him to get him to say that, or as close as he can :)
Old 11-02-2012, 05:35 PM
Enya

I should think the best way forward is to communicate with the little girl and get her to help keep the 'doors' closed. When your uncle says he can see her, ask him to tell her that he needs to rest so she can only come in the daytime to play. You can also say this aloud, as your intent and focus will help. Also, ask him to imagine his room is full of light and that there's a door there which he can close to stop anyone coming in that he doesn't want to. (adapt this to his ability, of course) It might even help if he can imagine a 'protector' of sorts, to be there if he's scared. His own spirit will be aware enough to do this, even if his physical mind idoesn't appear to get it.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:16 PM
Tanith

I have spoken aloud, but not directly to her except to ask what her name might be. I cannot communicate very easily with spirits; I can feel them, nothing more, so I'm afraid that anything I said wouldn't be returned, or at least I wouldn't understand the response.

Do you think if I made a little playhouse like thing (no bigger than like a bird house or something?) and offered it to her, she might take to it at night?

One of my theories is that SHE is scared of whatever my uncle saw outside, and so she woke him up, and he saw it too, and it scared him.
Old 14-02-2012, 12:24 AM
Tanith

Ummm.....

Quick update...

Apparently this girl has a pet cat. My uncle started calling "Kitty kitty," and when we said there wasn't a cat there, he said, "There's a ghost kitty." He got down on his hands and knees and started trying to reach for it under the kitchen table.

Dunno if this one is possibly his imagination or a legit ghost? Though it would explain why my mom heard some plastic bags rattling and shuffling several nights ago when there was no other reason for them to make noise. (No heat/air coming on, my cat was locked in my room, and the dog was on her bed). This was before my uncle moved in.
Old 15-02-2012, 02:15 PM
TinTin

Tanith, I always tell people this - Pray and ask your guides and angels for guidance and assistance. Never do it by yourself.
Old 16-02-2012, 12:28 AM
Celeste

Lovingly and firmly tell her to go to her next highest good (go to the light). Yes, get help from your angels, guides, and simply say she doesn't belong here, and you'd like her to leave. That she's passed over. Oh, and picture a light around each of your family members, and around the house. Good luck!
Old 19-02-2012, 11:24 AM
Knower
I think I have a demon in my bedroom when I was trying to fall asleep one time I saw a claw go over my eyes it was kind of scary and it was very black, blacker than any black before and I believe my room has a lot of negative energy in it... probably because I share the room with my brother...
Old 19-02-2012, 03:24 PM
helygen

We also had a problem. We went to the nearest spiritualist church and asked for help. They put us in touch with 2 mediums who came to the house and helped us and the spirits. They took only petrol money and the house has been fine since then. I feel if you're not sure what you're doing it's best to hand it over to the experts. That way hopefully everyone (including the spirit world) will be happy. Sending you all love and peace.