Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 22-11-2010, 12:49 AM
eraser

Obviously, I can only speak for "this" man.

I like a woman who's intelligent, with a sense of humour. She would like many different types of music and enjoy living on nature's doorstep in the country. She wouldn't be afraid of her own company and would feel secure enough not to mind when I need a few hours alone (probably fishing). She'd be fine with me cooking most of the meat and fish while she did a side dish or two. She'd be able to say "Yes, dear" once in a while, even if she didn't particularly agree with whatever it was I was talking about at the time.

And if it turned out she enjoyed going fishing, making love and watching baseball (not necessarily in that order or at the same time) -- well, I'd have to pinch myself in case I'd died and gone to heaven.
Old 22-11-2010, 01:23 AM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by eraser
Obviously, I can only speak for "this" man.

I like a woman who's intelligent, with a sense of humour. She would like many different types of music and enjoy living on nature's doorstep in the country. She wouldn't be afraid of her own company and would feel secure enough not to mind when I need a few hours alone (probably fishing). She'd be fine with me cooking most of the meat and fish while she did a side dish or two. She'd be able to say "Yes, dear" once in a while, even if she didn't particularly agree with whatever it was I was talking about at the time.

And if it turned out she enjoyed going fishing, making love and watching baseball (not necessarily in that order or at the same time) -- well, I'd have to pinch myself in case I'd died and gone to heaven.

Sounds like a good match, providing you're also willing to say "Yes dear" on occasion. Love and respect are a two way street
Old 23-11-2010, 03:58 AM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perspective
Just got this in my email & thought it might shed some (more) light on this subject...
18 Secrets Guys wish you knew...
http://www.webmd.com/sex-relationships/slideshow-18-secrets-guys-wish-you-knew?ecd=wnl_nal_med_111910

Cruentus & Happy Fool - I agree - interdependence (not independence nor codependence) - is ideal.
Supernova - beautiful!

I so disagree with #1, 2, 5, 8, 11,

I agree with #6, but both sexes are like this.
#7 It depends on the relationship between the son and the father.
I am nothing like my father.
I agree with #9 but unawareness is not gender specific.
#10 same goes for both sexes.
~thumbsup~ for #12, 13, 14,15,16
#17 same for both sexes.
#18 communication...yeah baby!

"He really is listening.
When you're listening to someone talk, you probably pipe in with a "yes" or "I see" every now and then. It's your way of saying, "I'm listening." But some guys don't do this. Just because a man isn't saying anything doesn't mean he's not listening. He may prefer to listen quietly and think about what you're saying."

~laughs~ my son does this when we are talking. He stops and waits for an "Uh huh" from me.
~ponders that his son is either a girl or gay ?~ ~laughs~
Old 02-12-2010, 01:40 AM
ESP_dreamr

If she is going to be long term material, the one thing above all else is that she has to be a very understanding person.

It is as Philo of Alexandria said:

"Be Kind. For everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Old 03-12-2010, 12:15 AM
Mountain-Goat

SeaZen, this topic is not forgotten.
I've been uber busy with physical things down here and I need some serious lengths of time to read and reply in this topic.

Been sorting myself out here and will see if I can get into it this month.
~waves~
Old 09-12-2010, 12:51 AM
Cletus VanDamme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosewater
i realize all men are different but in general.. lol i can't figure men out!

It's not that hard to figure out. A woman who is attractive, knows how to be sexy, is naturally sexy (which is a seperate quality, and the two are NOT mutually exclusive, but can be complimentary) and is intelligent. Doesn't hold back from speaking her opinion, but is not unnecesarily grumpy. And again, looks are important, at least for most guys. Some women take offense to this, but then they go and watch "Twilight" or drool over some musician or whatever. People need to understand that physical attractiveness is a big part the deal, at least at the beginning.
A woman who is able to hold one's interest in the bedroom. If all she wants is sex once a day, missionary style, she's going to get dumped.

Edited by SF Staff

Last edited by Kaere : 09-12-2010 at 01:53 AM.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:55 AM
Mountain-Goat

'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus VanDamme
It\'s not that hard to figure out. A woman who is attractive, knows how to be sexy, is naturally sexy (which is a seperate quality, and the two are NOT mutually exclusive, but can be complimentary) and is intelligent. Doesn\'t hold back from speaking her opinion, but is not unnecesarily grumpy. And again, looks are important, at least for most guys. Some women take offense to this, but then they go and watch \"Twilight\" or drool over some musician or whatever. People need to understand that physical attractiveness is a big part the deal, at least at the beginning. \r\nA woman who is able to hold one\'s interest in the bedroom. If all she wants is sex once a day, missionary style, she\'s going to get dumped.\r\n \r\n \r\n \r\nEdited by SF Staff
\r\n \r\n~bemused smile~ Well you\'re definately a catch for the ladies Cletus.'
Old 11-12-2010, 01:32 AM
Cletus VanDamme

Duh! But I've already been caught.
Thank you for the bemused smile.
Dook on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternate Carpark
'\r\n \r\n~bemused smile~ Well you\'re definately a catch for the ladies Cletus.'
Old 11-12-2010, 01:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosewater
i realize all men are different but in general.. lol i can't figure men out!

......and you never will! LOL
Old 11-12-2010, 01:47 AM
Master
Right N.S.... Like men trying to "figure out" women.

Instead, how about just connecting with a man... first connecting within yourself and your inner heart. It eliminates a lot of problems.

Xan