Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Closed Thread

Old 20-04-2007, 07:34 PM
Jols

I have a 'mystery' stone, please help!

Alrighties, I have a mystery that I cannot seem to solve. I was given a stone by a friend who knows nothing of gemstones/crystals. They cannot remember where they got the stone from, so I'm at a loss. I've looked through my Crystal Bible, and many other books. Looked on websites, and have found nothing that really looks like it. It looks VERY close to turquoise, but it's not quite right. At least not in my opinion. (because there aren't very large or deep black/brown 'veins...there are a few hair-like tiny black 'veins' but not in my opinion, enough to make it turquoise)
I've seen this stone once, in a book called 'Your Crystal Code' but irony astounds me...the crystal was in pictures of groups of crystals and it was not named.

I will include a few pictures from my photobucket account, if you can give me any idea, I'd greatly appreciate it.

The color is a very beautiful blue, but one side is more of a light blue, like as if the stone were painted and someone stuck their thumb to it and 'lifted' color off. It doesn't look really like it is painted, but that's how I describe the lighter side of it.

Lighter side pictures:
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y29.../P10101831.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y29.../P10101821.jpg
(lighter side is the side on the left in this picture.)

Now this is the picture of the 'normal' coloring of it.
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y29.../P10101811.jpg

Thank you again in advance! I greatly appreciate it!
Old 20-04-2007, 07:47 PM
cweiters

Jols imo this certainly look like in belong in the Lapis family.
Lapis his known for enhancement of: Wisdom, intuition, courage just to name a few.

Am sure others can provide more insight on your stone.

Love to all
cw
Old 20-04-2007, 08:21 PM
Jols

I will be honest...I tested with the pendulum when I first started looking into it, and did get Lapis Lazuli, but I have much doubt simply because I can't find anything similar to this exact stone when looking up Lapis Lazuli. :/ I do thank you very much for your reply cweiters

8:42 a.m.- Yesterday I forgot to mention, due to some prodding from my mum I googled 'Blue Gemstones' and 'Blue Tumbled Stones' and came up with a page that had a stone just as blue as what I have. It was Blue Howlite.

I guess I still feel puzzled...either some sort of Lapis or possibly dyed Howlite. I think the stone is giggling at me, for this mystery that is upon me. :P

Last edited by Jols : 21-04-2007 at 12:45 PM.
Old 21-04-2007, 02:19 PM
elaine

Hello Jols,
Looking at your picture, It does IMO look like dyed Howlite, also some times labled as Turquentine. I have picked up some very similar pieces to yours in MBS fayres. Hope this helps a little.

elaine
Old 21-04-2007, 04:16 PM
felchiel

Yes, it looks exactly like blue howlite! It is a very calming stone. Lovely!
Old 21-04-2007, 05:26 PM
Jols

I just want to thank you guys for your help :) I greatly appreciate it!
Would it have basically, the same healing effects as plain Howlite, or would it have others as well?
Old 21-04-2007, 07:11 PM
elaine

Hi jols,
Have just found this for you.....Blue Howlite(artificially coloured) aids dream recall, accessing the insights dreams bring.

A very calming stone, and can be used for insomnia when placed under the pillow. Helps link into spiritual dimensions, and prepares us to recieve wisdom and insights.

Only brief, as the same as green or white Howlite, can give more info if you wish please just let me know.
Old 21-04-2007, 08:05 PM
Jols

Oh awesome! Thank you elaine for the summary, I greatly appreciate it. :) If you want to tell me more, you can send me a pm if you like. ^_^ Again, big thank you!
Old 21-04-2007, 10:46 PM
Deactivated Account
it's a lovely stone, a beautiful colour
Old 14-05-2007, 09:57 AM
OceanWaves19161

Yea I'm sure its blue howlite is used mainly for restfull sleep but does aid dream recall. Blue howlite doesn't seem have much info on it...either not much is known about it or it just doesn't do much. Its dyed that blue colour to imitate the turquoise colour (its usually white).

Alana
Closed Thread