Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 22-06-2019, 08:00 PM
Seeker

Tarot Shuffle

I have a disability that affects my hands and arms, so my shuffling is...questionable. Any ideas on how to correctly shuffle my deck? I've tried cutting it in several different places until I feel good about it, or placing them on the table and just making a mess before pushing them all back into a recognizable deck. I'm not sure I'm getting to what I should be getting.
Old 22-06-2019, 08:21 PM
Master
Well, trusting whatever method you choose is important.
In a way I have a similar problem as shuffling a lot -like when you rely on 'jumping cards' as I do- because of my neck injury. It's not too good on the shoulder muscles, then causes me neck problems, triggers my head injury and if I'm lucky my entire spine gets out off wack, and if I do many readings, also my hands.

I switched to "jumping cards' as cutting a deck only works reliably as long as the deck isn't damaged in any way, meaning when it's used a bit more you cannot do that anymore as it cuts at the same card(s) that are slightly damaged at for instance a corning.

Sometimes I leisurely go through a deck, removing a pile from the bottom, placing it on top, taking my time, and at the same time just feeling / intuiting. Then I feel, this is the card! So far it's been accurate. You can also look and visually choose, that's what my girl does. For me that's problematic with my neck injury, way worse than shuffling hihi.

Trial and error. Feel what resonates and trust it.
The one bummer is that shuffling works fast.
Old 24-06-2019, 02:23 AM
Seeker

Oh, yeah. And they're hard to shuffle anyway, since they're bigger than normal playing cards. But yes, I do the random pulling and placing method. Pull some from the bottom, take some off the top, grab some from the middle, until I feel like it's a good place to stop. I just worry I'm doing it in such a way that I keep pulling the same cards.
Old 26-06-2019, 04:53 AM
Seeker

Shuffling is so personal, for me I prefer to overhand shuffle my deck vertical though, as some of the decks are quite large I have got in the habit with all of my decks to do a vertical overhand shuffle, which seems to work quite well for me over time .. at first thought I do sometimes, when I get a deck deal the cards into 5 piles then putting them back in random order, doing that several times seems to mix the cards up quite well.. I like to protect and take care of my decks, but this is personal to me...
Old 26-06-2019, 04:54 AM
Seeker

Sometimes getting the same cards may be because of a message needing to be understood
Old 28-06-2019, 03:43 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeKatesXing
Sometimes getting the same cards may be because of a message needing to be understood

That might be part of my concern because I worry when the same card keeps showing up, so I wonder if my deck is shuffled properly. :/

But the card I recieved today while doing my own, daily reading was so ridiculously spot on (and it's not the first time that has happened!) that maybe I should just go with my intuition. But I like to learn what others are up to.
Old 02-07-2019, 01:07 AM
Seeker

Well That Solves That!

Here I was, worrying about my shuffling, and so today, I was doing a monthly reading, when my 2-year-old son went on a rampage and my cards fell, scattered, on the ground. I was picking them up and putting them into some semblance of order, when I spotted a card kind of away from all of the others. I picked it up (the card was still face down) and was about to put it in the deck with all the others, when I wondered Maybe this is my card. I almost ignored it, but as I was about to place it back in, it just didn't feel right to do so. So I used it as part of my reading, and it seemed to fit so perfectly there.

Tarot has really helped me tap into my inner self, my intuition, and I'm hoping to really grow along this path. My intuition is a "feeling." When I say something doesn't feel right, it's because my intuition has kicked right up. And most people have no idea what I'm saying when I mention "it doesn't feel right."
Old 11-07-2019, 06:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LolKat
I have a disability that affects my hands and arms, so my shuffling is...questionable. Any ideas on how to correctly shuffle my deck? I've tried cutting it in several different places until I feel good about it, or placing them on the table and just making a mess before pushing them all back into a recognizable deck. I'm not sure I'm getting to what I should be getting.

I let the person shuffle the cards.

When they are done shuffling the cards, I start the reading. I discuss the first card and then have the person pick the first card from the deck and flip it over. Then I proceed this process for the next card till the reading is done.
Old 11-07-2019, 11:58 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
I let the person shuffle the cards.

I'm referring to self-readings. I know some people do not like that, but I feel it helps me connect with myself and where I should go, or what I should do.
Old 12-07-2019, 09:43 AM
Master
I always find that if someone else has drawn the cards, I cannot read it well. I can connect better if I draw the cards myself. For some reason the cards don't seem to be right when they draw themselves.