Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 04-12-2017, 06:23 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
mmhmm. well said. Now go one step beyond that. Tell me what you find.
I am a collection of creatures all working together. There is no beyond, the universe is an infinite cycle, not linear as taught in the West. The real question is can we face our feelings. Can we find ourselves in this plain old reality, the one where we isolate because we're afraid and hurt by our parents. That's more spiritual than anything else.
Old 04-12-2017, 07:41 AM
Seeker

After a number of excellent responses I'll attempt to answer my own question.

Existing in an infinite universe, we appear to be limited to postulations we can come up with, in a finite lifetime.

Last edited by Lynn : 04-12-2017 at 05:40 PM.
Old 04-12-2017, 02:07 PM
Master
Quote:
I didn't get the whole idea you were trying to express but it sounded like you are saying that love and joy is the point of existence?
Yes ... the model I constructed and my 'core' philosophical premise/theory is that the combo of Love and Joy (or something similar) is the motive and purpose of existence. As I said in the piece presneting the model, I think: "the main aim or goal of [Life's] ‘program’ – the primary motive (i.e. ‘desire’) ensconced in its ‘source code’ – is to maximally express and thereby experience Love and Joy, to Joyfully express and experience Love and Lovingly express and experience Joy to the greatest possible degree in every possible way, or something like that.", which can't be done 'alone', IMO ... The "multiprocessing" part of my model relates to my thnking (and feeling!) that Love and Joy can only to be maximally experienced and expressed in relation to and with others.

You mentioned you thought that (maybe) we were here "to experience." My model relates to the question (if you wish to pose it) "To experience what?" I find that most kinds of 'experiences' get boring if and as repeated enough times. And what are called 'negative' experiences certainly wouldn't 'get' 'me' to 'come' 'here'. I find Love and Joy, however, to be ever 'exciting' and more and more wonderful to actualize and explore.

I appreciate the earnestness of your consideration, Shivatar -
Old 04-12-2017, 02:20 PM
Master
Quote:
I'm on cloud 10,screw cloud 9 lol.
LOL 2!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x's added so my post will post, otherwise I'm told it's too short
Old 05-12-2017, 12:42 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Yes ... the model I constructed and my 'core' philosophical premise/theory is that the combo of Love and Joy (or something similar) is the motive and purpose of existence. As I said in the piece presneting the model, I think: "the main aim or goal of [Life's] ‘program’ – the primary motive (i.e. ‘desire’) ensconced in its ‘source code’ – is to maximally express and thereby experience Love and Joy, to Joyfully express and experience Love and Lovingly express and experience Joy to the greatest possible degree in every possible way, or something like that.", which can't be done 'alone', IMO ... The "multiprocessing" part of my model relates to my thnking (and feeling!) that Love and Joy can only to be maximally experienced and expressed in relation to and with others.

You mentioned you thought that (maybe) we were here "to experience." My model relates to the question (if you wish to pose it) "To experience what?" I find that most kinds of 'experiences' get boring if and as repeated enough times. And what are called 'negative' experiences certainly wouldn't 'get' 'me' to 'come' 'here'. I find Love and Joy, however, to be ever 'exciting' and more and more wonderful to actualize and explore.

I appreciate the earnestness of your consideration, Shivatar -

What is Love?
What is Joy?

Like what does the feeling feel like inside?

is it like looking at a sunset. Does it feel warm and fuzzy inside. does it feel exciting like an adrenaline rush, etc.

And how do we go about finding what brings us love and joy once we are able to recognize them?

do we meditate, and then the answers come to us? Are we supposted to just explore various hobbies and different relationships (friends, girlfriend/boyfriend, marriage, etc) and eventually hope to find them?
Old 05-12-2017, 01:03 AM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
What is Love?
What is Joy?

Like what does the feeling feel like inside?

is it like looking at a sunset. Does it feel warm and fuzzy inside. does it feel exciting like an adrenaline rush, etc.

And how do we go about finding what brings us love and joy once we are able to recognize them?

do we meditate, and then the answers come to us? Are we supposted to just explore various hobbies and different relationships (friends, girlfriend/boyfriend, marriage, etc) and eventually hope to find them?

I was taught, and subscribe to, if it comes and goes - how could that be True Love? Only that which is ever present, ever unconditioned, unchanging could be the true face of Unconditional Love. Anything else is just an experience.

BT
Old 05-12-2017, 01:16 AM
Master
I'm put here on this planet to annoy everyone that comes my way.
Old 05-12-2017, 01:19 AM
Master
It seems I am here to find out why I'm here and hope to remember that for the next incarnation around. lol
Old 05-12-2017, 03:08 PM
Master
Quote:
What is Love?
What is Joy?

The short answer is: "See, or rather feel, 'em for yourself!" You have the 'power' to do so.

However, since I assume your Q is sincere, here are some possible clues.
There are many variations (as in 'colors' of 'light') in terms of what the word 'love' is taken to sign. Merriam-Webster's 'defines' (i.e. de-finite-izes it) to mean:

"Definition of love:

1 a (1) : strong affection for another arising out of kinship or personal ties; i.e. maternal 'love' for a child

(2) : attraction based on sexual desire : affection and tenderness felt by 'lovers'; i.e. After all these years, they are still very much in 'love'.

(3) : affection based on admiration, benevolence, or common interests; i.e. 'love' for his old schoolmates

b : an assurance of affection; i.e. give her my 'love'

2 : warm attachment, enthusiasm, or devotion; i.e. 'love' of the sea

3 a : the object of attachment, devotion, or admiration; i.e. baseball was his first 'love'

b (1) : a beloved person : darling —often used as a term of endearment

(2) British —used as an informal term of address

4 a : unselfish loyal and benevolent (see benevolent 1a) concern for the good of another: such as
(1) : the fatherly concern of God for humankind
(2) : brotherly concern for others

b : a person's adoration of God

5 : a god (such as Cupid or Eros) or personification of 'love'

6 : an amorous episode : a 'love' affair

7 : the sexual embrace : copulation

8 : a score of zero (as in tennis)

9 capitalized, Christian Science : god"

And, for 'Joy', Merriam-Webster's lists:

"Definition of joy

1 a :the emotion evoked by well-being, success, or good fortune or by the prospect of possessing what one desires : i.e. 'delight'

b :the expression or exhibition of such emotion : i.e. 'gaiety'

2 :a state of happiness or felicity : i.e. 'bliss'

3 :a source or cause of delight"
=====

I personally find exemplary instances, which are unmistakable indicators, to be the most revealing. For example, when wondering what Jesus could possibly have meant by statements such as: "Verily I say unto you, Except ye ... become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven." (note: my idea of 'heaven' is a thought and feeling 'state' of 'pure' Love and Joy), I project a 'vision' of kids and/or puppies and/or kittens playing and hanging out together. 'Empathizing' with what I think and feel they (must be?) experiencing and expressing 'gives' me all the 'answers' (to the above-stated Q) that I need.

Of course, Love and Joy aren't so 'simply' accessed from an adult (i.e. more ex-peer-ienced and response-ably engaged) platform - 'condition'ing is such a 'bugger' (think of a 'bug' or 'glitch' in a 'computer program'!. )

That being said, here's a video from which you might get a 'contact' 'high' in said regard from which I feel reasonably sure you can derive what 'pure' 'Love and Joy' mean, Note: 'equality' in terms of functional capacity, or 'similarity' in terms of 'person'ality or 'social status' etc., is not a prerequisite.

http://dogs.pawpulous.com/2017/05/22...ld&up=20170616

P.S. I thot I thaw a puddy tat! I mean, I think I 'saw' (felt?) a 'spark' of Love and Joy 'shine' between you and your repartee-buddy in the course of your recent displayed-for-the-all-the-world-includinf-U-2-to-feel-and-see-interaction. Surely, you must have experienced that, Bro!
Old 06-12-2017, 12:30 AM
Deactivated Account
For me personally I have never asked that question, I have always been busy enjoying my life, who cares why we are here, we are here and there is one big giant smorgasbord of fun things to do, its up to each one of use to take from that smorgasbord, or we can simply set back and be miserable.