Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 08-05-2016, 11:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amilius777
Have you read Richard Rohr?

For those here who have not read or heard Richard Rohr, I would highly recommend the following youtube video. It's called "Embracing an Alternative Orthodoxy – Richard Rohr on the Legacy of St. Francis". For a Roman Catholic priest speaking like this from inside the Church, it's truly amazing.

P.S. I wanted to post the link to the video but "You are only allowed to post URLs to other sites after you have made 15 posts or more". However, if some one is really interested, simply search for "Embracing an Alternative Orthodoxy – Richard Rohr on the Legacy of St. Francis" on youtube. It's easy to find.
Old 22-06-2016, 06:31 PM
boshy b. good

i draw double close to jesus viewing ( - ) spectating that thick book of jesus one follow up chapter a time, too much roots
in it for my spirited and pays off and i come back for more after busting out time, b, out time,

i believe word by man out there in that book is backing up cause then it be too easy for mean bugging to push the book
like a, a, and those man put words in the book do got a point to straighten out sort and sort and sort of,

that book jesus honey combs me and so on, i check.

Last edited by boshy b. good : 22-06-2016 at 09:24 PM.
Old 22-06-2016, 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by secretscribe
I can feel the positivity.
Hey, don't leave ME out! Just bec I haven't posted on this thread!

Ammy....if you read the messages from Jesus to James E. Padgett...
or Glenda Green (in 'Love Without End')
he is indeed not thrilled by many things that were misinterpreted or
added!

Here is the Richard Rohr link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9Azd93Luko

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 23-06-2016, 12:56 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
Minxoto, you say "I think" this, and "I think" that. Perhaps you don't have the information that you need, which is critical to coming to proper and factual conclusion.
For one, God is well capable of protecting His Holy and Sacred word to the world.

To be fair to minxoto, thinking is really all any of us do. It's the quality of thinking that needs to be discerned. Are we thinking with wisdom, sincerity and genuine personal integrity.

As for God protecting his word, I think he already did that through parables and spiritual speak. For example, what does, "I am the way, the truth and the life" actually mean as Jesus said it?

And, what is the problem with believing Jesus actually said it? Why would the devil want people to believe that Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life?
Old 23-06-2016, 12:56 PM
boshy b. good

yes. a small 4ft0 oldey small tiny o big brained man with a cape and wand and
gallousous treasure invented the whole concept of putting more words in the bible..

Last edited by boshy b. good : 23-06-2016 at 03:10 PM.
Old 23-06-2016, 01:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amilius777
It's funny you posted this because all scholars of Divinity schools say that all of John's Gospel is highly metaphysical and not historical.

Which means? Everything Jesus says in it are the words of the author, and Jesus himself never said them.

In fact some of the highest people in the RCC know this but do not teach it to us simple folk. The reason? The Roman Catholic Church used these verses as a way to horde over others and dominate majority of western civilization.

An enlightened Master such as Jesus wouldn't mean his physical- historical self was the "Way, the Truth, and the Light". The Gospel of John is equating Jesus' lifestyle and self with the Logos which everything was made through.
John is talking of a "Christ Spirit". It goes along with Paul's writings which are OLDER than the Gospels. Paul says we must have "the mind of Christ", and he said, "If you do not have the Son....." what does he mean "have the Son?" Does he mean the way Evangelical spout about Jesus? Putting him in their pocket like a beeper that directs you to heaven? Belief?

Having the "Son", bearing the "mind of Christ", "members of Christ's Body" are all mystical sayings from Paul and John.

If Jesus said these things during his time on Earth to a crowd- "Before Abraham was, I am" or "I am the Way....no one comes to the Father but by me" he would have been seized not only by his enemies but his disciples would have abandoned him. How do we know this?
The climate and times were so strict that if you thought Saudi Arabia was bad when it comes to capital punishment and Sin, it was WORSE during the time of Christ.
In the narrative they tried to stone him and he "got away" but they would have hunted down his followers and perhaps his family members and wipe them out for following a self-proclaimed God-Man. It is the ultimate sin among Israelities during that time. To make any "object" or objectifying anything as a form of worship was considered the gravest sin.

The author of John is saying that only Jesus' Way is THE Way. In him we see the way to God. But what if someone far off in India followed and lived the same Way of life but called it something different? Does the name Siddhartha the Buddha come to mind?

The early Christians only had maybe one or few books. The 27 books of the NT were collected over a 300 year period. Some people in Greece might have had a copy of one gospel or two or just Paul's letters, people in Ethopia had this, communities in Jerusalem only had that, and this "who said what?!" can go on forever. We don't know what happened to the Originals because we don't have them.

The first 300 years of Christianity were Christianity in their purest form, an offshoot of Judaism that incorporated the teachings and life-examples of Jesus.

Jesus was a messiah, a savior sent to the Israelities. He saw his influence as that of a "world-savior" but he didn't say he was meant for outside civilizations until later. God promised the Jews a savior and christened person to update the Law and pave a more perfect way to God and God's kingdom on earth.

The council of Nicea and all the Creeds do not contain one quote from the lips of Jesus himself. There are no beatitudes, no parables, no teachings, no healing lessons, nothing that consumed the life of Christ within any of the Creeds created by Man or instructed by the Roman Emperors.

It is not because the officials in the Roman Church were evil, it is because the Popes and Bishops were not given the final say! The final say was the Emperor and later when the emperor position failed the papacy took it's place. The RCC is a weird animal with two sides. One is very mystical and spiritual, the other which was adopted in the 4th century is very Imperialistic and dominating.

If there is any "devil" that wounded Christianity it is the one that started in the 4th century when Men, mainly Roman politicians and emperors started to use Christianity for their own imperialistic campaigns to keep unity in the Empire. They distorted a lot of things that I don't think Jesus himself is still to this day happy about. But this happens with every great Master who walked the earth. Jesus is still in charge of the masses and innumerable people around the globe for their spiritual enlightenment. Many of the "Saints" born in the western world under Catholicism are souls sent by Him to carry his Christ consciousness in the earth, to carry it the way he did it. They become possessed by his Personality in a sense like Francis of Assisi and are guided by Him from the unseen realm. The purpose of the "Saints" throughout the Christian history is to update and preserve the true teachings of Jesus and what he established 2,000 years ago because Man and his ego still distorts and corrupts Religion and uses Religion for the wrong means.

Whether or not Jesus actually said "I AM the Way, the Truth and the Light" is not clear. However, it is clear to me that, if indeed Jesus did say that, he was referring to the I AM as in "Before Abraham was, I AM". It is doubtful to me that the reference is to the physical Jesus. However, I could be wrong.

That I AM is indeed a way to the Truth and the Light (in my humble opinion).
Old 23-06-2016, 05:32 PM
mindanalyzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
Christ Consciousness (which he taught and advocated, not Roman Catholicism!) is 'the Truth, the Way and the Life'.

Way to twist the holy scriptures. I will pray for discernment for you
Old 24-06-2016, 09:27 AM
Master
Plus Jesus Spent 7 Years Learning Magic-Science In Egypt Until He Was 14

Order Of The Cross
God is the living Cross. Because He is so, His Cross is in us. The Mystery of His Being is His Cross.

About Author

http://orderofthecross.org/about-the-author/

Christ Consciousness
http://goldenageofgaia.com/spiritual...consciousness/
http://joy2meu.com/Jesus.htm

I Experienced This On April 9th 2006 For Around 3 Hours

I've Never Had Such A Spiritual Feeling Before Or Since

Me And Jesus Were One

I Met Two Nurses,One Was Mother Mary And The Other Mary Magdalene

I Touched Them On Their Shoulders, Each Receiving A Spiritual Shock

Also There Was A Patient Who Was John The Baptist In A Previous Life

I Thought All The National Express Coaches Were Coming To Take Everybody Too A Special Glastonbury Festival

https://www.facebook.com/Sean Baker
https://twitter.com/Sean Baker
[/color]
Old 27-06-2016, 03:26 PM
Master
Don't you all think that maybe all Jesus meant by "I am the Way, the truth, and the Light" has to do with that he is the Right One whereas all the prophets before him in his Tradition weren't entirely the truth?

The Jews were waiting on a messiah to bring the Kingdom of God, a Davidic messiah, a savior just for them who would also bring the Gentiles in.

It has nothing to do with what later Christians invented. Jesus isn't saying believe in me or you will burn in hell. Why? Because John's Gospel which only has that line 'Way, Truth. Light" NEVER mentions Hell and never talks about it!

The Israelities weren't worried about the afterlife because that is God's World. He has that all under control. What isn't under his control is the Third-dimensional realm, the world we are in right now. It has negative influences that creates empires and corrupt religion. which controls everyone.

They were worried about THIS world being transformed. Jesus is saying basically forget the character of the prophetic figures before me, I am the REAL deal. I got it all Right in my earthly life, they didn't. Follow my way, believe in Me and my way and you'll find the highway to God the Father. Jesus wasn't presenting a ladder to Heaven like Jacob. Jesus travelled that ladder himself and found a way for us. He presented a highway by following his Life and teachings.

That is all that phrase meant. Remember among his disciples they usually became disillusioned with Jesus. They wondered if the other messiah figures popping up were the real deal. And they weren't. They were regressive figures who fought with a sword. They are mainly zealots that kept cropping up. Israel was constantly wanting to go back to the days of their forefathers, living in the past, not change, stay static. Sound familiar? Sounds like every human and government on the planet. Jesus knew the world wasn't yet ready for this New Message from God that is why he was gonna get killed and martyred. But it had to be done because the Old Law did nothing good but create Fight or Flight mentalities. How many times was Israel going to be enslaved, liberated, and then fight back with revenge? They never got it right until Jesus came along and started breaking the up the matrix that was built up over so many millennia.