Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

View Poll Results: Are you in a relationship or are you single?
I am in a relationship at the moment. 75 28.85%
I am single at the moment. 185 71.15%
Voters: 260. You may not vote on this poll

Old 13-03-2019, 01:44 PM
Knower
I'm married, to another guy, but if I had to do it over again I'd remain single. If I had my druthers I would have male friends that would be a little more than friends. No strings attached other than hanging out, movies, dinner, other events and occasionally having sex... a sex buddy.
Old 13-03-2019, 08:40 PM
Knower
I'm Single, haven't been in a relationship for many years now
Old 08-04-2019, 03:00 PM
Master
I'm single, haven't been in a relationship for many years. Luckily I enjoy my own company. I feel I'm ready to try again though.
Old 28-04-2019, 12:46 AM
Suspended

Id like to apologize to all the ladies. Sorry Im not available. Im well and truly taken. She realised I was a precious commodity so has held on to me ever since the wedding of the century. Likewise ive done well I admit.
Old 28-04-2019, 01:05 AM
Experiencer
Sometimes it is harder if you are in a relationship and it's with someone seems to live for themselves. You know they have feelings for you but it is just a way a life for them and instilled in how they were raised. They sometimes don't even realize they are this way because they've been this way their whole life.

What can be worse yet is when you have feelings for someone from your past that was what you feel someone should be in a relationship, and you lived for many years with deep seated regrets over not realizing how you should have appreciated them and then it is too late because they left this world suddenly and too soon. There are many ways to feel sadness over that, but healing and learning from situations is why we are here. You need to grow in order to recognize what lessons and growth you had to go through in order to become the person you are today and the person you can be in the future on the path you are now on. Unfortunately this is the way. RIP KCP....I know you're out there somewhere.
Old 28-04-2019, 11:04 AM
Newbie ;)

In mid 20s here, and clear cut single. Never been in relationship, and been spiritually inclined since the age of 10s.

Yes I am a male, and I had few girls try hit on me but I did not bother since it was based on lust.

Who knows my thoughts my change, but lets see where the future lies
Old 07-05-2019, 12:46 PM
Knower
Hello, just thought I'd share that I am very happily single. My last relationship was 10 years long (on & off) it ended 3 years ago and I can't say I miss it. It was an extremely toxic & abusive relationship I won't bore you all with the details lol but psychologically it really messed me up. The dude was the definition of controlling and I was too easy going for my own good. It took me forever to get my life back. Once I moved out I remember having little psychotic breaks while doing everyday things like washing dishes or folding towels etc. Everytime I would be doing something he would butt in aggressively and start yelling that i was doing it wrong and I would often just give in because it was just easier. He would often time pick me up and lock me outside of the house without my keys/shoes/phone so i would just have to sit there till he came to his senses. Towards the end I remember one night I was going to look at an apartment and stupidly i told him. He freaked out, wrestled my keys and phone away. I don't remember his reasoning exactly but the night ended up in the bathroom with my arms,legs and mouth taped for a few hours till he calmed down. I ended up staying at that house with him for another 2 mos until one day I just grabbed my stuff and lived out of my car for about a month, ended up in a mental hospital for about another month then back to the car for roughly another month until my mom decided to let me move back with her.

Not sure why I stayed in that relationship as long as I did. Alot of it was fear and codependency and I really didn't have anywhere else to go. I have a list of mental disorders that make it real difficult to work even on medicines which I wasn't on until about 1 year and a half ago.

Anyways I just had to get that out lol. I'm in a muuuuuuch better place now spiritually, mentally, emotionally. It took me a couple years to forgive him but I've let it all go and am grateful for the experience because it made me stronger in the long run.

I'm happy being alone though. Most relationships I witness these days I have a hard time understanding why they both continue the self destructive cycle they both have to endure because of codependency or fear of being alone, which is what the majority of relationships appear to be based on. But hey w/e I was stupid too probably even more stupid sometimes lol. Ppl just have to figure out all that for themselves.

I feel like if I ever am in another relationship I would require alot of personal space. Trust and respect would be required but that goes without saying. For now I am more interested in my relationship with God and the few people that I have in my life right now.
Old 09-05-2019, 02:36 PM
Knower
My husband and I have been together for almost 7 years now. Our relationship ain't all roses and rainbows, but we complete each other, for better or worse. Most of our arguments consist of yelling at each other in agreement. And by "complete" each other, I mean we're comfortable together and considering a poly relationship to share the love. ;)

I never really understood the "freedom" of being single.
Old 09-05-2019, 03:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by edithaint
My husband and I have been together for almost 7 years now. Our relationship ain't all roses and rainbows, but we complete each other, for better or worse. Most of our arguments consist of yelling at each other in agreement. And by "complete" each other, I mean we're comfortable together and considering a poly relationship to share the love. ;)

I never really understood the "freedom" of being single.

Surely if you're considering a poly relationship then you are missing the freedom of the single life, no?
Old 10-05-2019, 05:07 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
Surely if you're considering a poly relationship then you are missing the freedom of the single life, no?

Not really. I'm bisexual, and while I dearly love my husband, I also miss the female body and mind. Thankfully he likes being surrounded by women he finds attractive. My time spent single was far from free, and finding a mate has released me from other more unpleasant shackles. Although my husband and I certainly value our alone time.

I firmly believe humans are a somewhat polygamous/polyamorous species, as are most other mammals. Yes, quite a few people are satisfied with being single, pleased enough with pair bonding, but many are equally happy in trios or even larger groups of dear lovers. It all depends on the individuals. I agree that there is a certain freedom in being single, but that same freedom could be experienced in more open relationships. All within your limits of trust and respect, if course.