Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 09-05-2013, 01:10 AM
MyGirlFriday

Stone Oopsies

This is an idea I picked up from another thread that I often visit. Sometimes stuff happens and we have accidental stone oopsies. Like, we loose one or accidentally break them. Sometimes its funny, most times it's sad but it's always a story. Here is a few of mine:

I have a few boxes in my kitchen that I use to display my stones. I had my Shiva Lingam roll off and fall onto the counter ontop of a florite wand I had just sat down. I did not jar it, it just dropped down and broke the wand cleanly in two. I guess my wand didn't like being a wand...lol.

My nuumite disc also really wanted to be seperated into two peices. It fell out onto the concrete twice! Now both times I have no idea how it made it's way from the seat to the ground, but boy was the little booger determined! The first time it didn't break or chip. The second it broke clean in half, no chipping or shattering.

So do you have any oopsies to share?
Old 09-05-2013, 08:08 PM
ninja365

My fluorite heart broke into three pieces when my cat knocked it off the countertop.
Old 10-05-2013, 02:35 AM
Master
I broke my super rare Tibetan Tektite and I broke my piece of Jet so far. The Jet I could care less about but the Tibetan Tektite really upset me. 99% of the "Tibetan Tektites" on the market are just regular Chinese Indochinites and are being sold at an exaggerated price because of Tibetan Tektite being one of the Synergy 12 stones. I managed to find an authentic one from one of the most reputable tektite dealers online and it was his last one. Unfortunately it fractured while in my pocket, I might try superglue to put it back together.
Old 10-05-2013, 03:18 AM
Likes2Read

So far, knock on wood, the stones in my personal collection haven't come to grief.

I have, however, had issues with fragile stones that were meant to be jewelry components. For example, I bought some stone butterflies which turned out to be carved from soapstone, a soft stone. Factor in that a couple of the butterflies, which were drilled through nose-to-tail so that they could be used as beads or made into pendants, were drilled off-center instead of being cleanly drilled straight through. When I went to put a wire through the drilled hole, and make a bail, CRACK. The two that were improperly drilled both split down the middle. Grumble mumble grumble. Fortunately, the other 18 butterflies in the order were drilled properly, and I was able to work with those just fine.

I've also split a few stone beads whose holes were just barely too narrow for the wire I was inserting. Now I have a tool called a bead reamer, which is designed to enlarge bead holes, so I have a way to safely resolve that issue.
Old 10-05-2013, 03:20 AM
Likes2Read

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral Explorer
I broke my super rare Tibetan Tektite and I broke my piece of Jet so far. The Jet I could care less about but the Tibetan Tektite really upset me. 99% of the "Tibetan Tektites" on the market are just regular Chinese Indochinites and are being sold at an exaggerated price because of Tibetan Tektite being one of the Synergy 12 stones. I managed to find an authentic one from one of the most reputable tektite dealers online and it was his last one. Unfortunately it fractured while in my pocket, I might try superglue to put it back together.
OUCH. I remember the Tektite story. That hurts just thinking about it. I think the glue is a good idea. If the edges around the fracture are clean and undamaged, it should be barely noticeable.
Old 10-05-2013, 05:05 PM
bleepjk

One night I had a few friends over for dinner and brews, was later on in the night and I had maybe one too many and I thought it was the perfect time to show my friends my new piece of Malachite..tripped and fell and dropped the specimen on the tile floor! Luckily it wasn't that big of a piece, it only broke in half so I decided to give one half to my friend, lol.