Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 14-10-2015, 09:20 PM
Seeker

Gratitude Backfire?

Has anyone experienced the loss of what they were grateful for after they acknowledged being grateful for it?

I've had this happen to me so many times in life. I'll either be grateful for something/someone in my life and usually not too long after, lose it. Or I'll hear of someone's struggle and be grateful I don't have that issue and then it comes into my life.

It makes me honestly not want to feel glad/gratitude or verbalize it.
Old 21-10-2015, 03:24 AM
Nettles

Hmmm...I wonder if it has nothing to do with whether or not one is grateful. When you say, "It makes me honestly not want to feel glad/gratitude or verbalize it." how do you mean that? To not express gratitude or verbalize it to whom? I'm not challenging you or anything I just truly don't understand precisely what you mean. I could assume that you mean to "the universe" or ones interpretation of a divine force of some kind. A force capable of taking away the things you were grateful for in the first place. If that is the case then one could consider that "the universe" etc. doesn't give a fiddlers fart whether or not there is gratitude. Perhaps, if certain versions of manifestation are accurate, the 'verse just provides what we think about most, what we feed most, what we give the most energy to.
Like saying, "I am grateful for good health" instead of, "I am grateful I'm not sick" will make a difference.
I am thinking about those first words of your comment, "It makes me..." makes you? I mean to say that perhaps, to an extent, feeling that way is a choice. Of course I do not know the circumstances and should not presume to make assumptions, apologies. If it were me I would probably consider that though.
Old 21-10-2015, 07:58 PM
Seeker

What I mean is that after repeated experiences of genuine gratitude about something and then the loss of it not too soon after has had quite a negative effect on me regarding not only the expression of my gratitude in whatever form but the very feeling itself at times.
Old 22-10-2015, 01:45 AM
Nettles

So it is a choice then.
Old 22-10-2015, 05:02 AM
Master
I did before awakening for sure.
Looking back now I think there was a buried belief under that gratitude that said I didn't deserve whatever it was and so then being the creator of my own reality Unknowingly I'd make it go away.
Now decades later I understand better what was happening back then.

A good example for me was dice games. Now this is simple, not as complicated as relationships - but I see now the principle was the same.
I was terrible at dice and would inevitably roll the worst possible dice no matter what the gem was. It was so demoralizing over the years I stopped playing gems with dice - in fact all random 'luck' games because I would get the worst cards, worst dice, worst scenarios.

After awakening I was working on manifesting, learning how to do it and dice showed up as a very good way to prove to myself it worked and how to master it. Given my life long relationship with 'bad dice' I was utterly shocked to learn I could roll whatever dice I wanted time after time and draw whatever card I wanted. In fact I could win every gem of any game and did it so many times I started manifesting other people dice and cards for them so they could win instead.

Once we understand that we truly create our reality it makes us dig down deep inside and find our own goo so it doesn't mess up our reality with un-intentional manifesting.

Now I can't tell you how to do that, or what techniques will work for you specifically, but just putting it out there for you will help you and if you play with it with little inconsequential things like dice or sales on items you want or parking spaces at stores you may find I'm right and then you can apply it on a larger scale and clear out weird blocks to happiness.

Best to you :) Make a wonderful world for yourself!
Old 22-10-2015, 01:03 PM
Seeker

Thank you so much for that CrystalSong! That's very encouraging and another testimony to us creating reality. I've been on the fence as to whether reality creation is really true and also if that's the cause of my woes. But more and more lately as I read and explore, I feel I have to open myself up to it and "test it out" as you suggested.