Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 04-10-2014, 06:17 AM
Nam3lessOne

Surrendering to the moment.

Was inspired to write, so here goes...

Quote:
We are often caught up in ourselves as time goes by and the winds of change blow. If you are like me, you have great aspirations and images of what the future should look like for yourself, and have high expectations for your life. When you make your journey on (or off of) Earth, however, you encounter a lot of turbulence, and even scarring from unforeseen events. These things are normal. We cannot preserve all of ourselves, and all that our ego insists we should preserve. It is that suffering that tests our endurance, and it is by those who have suffered that the world is most advanced.

If you find yourself recalling events and people in your life, and it drifts you down a negative stream of consciousness, whether that be filled with pain, hatred, scorn, disgust, regret, weakness, insecurity, or a deeply embedded fear that has kept you from living to your fullest, you often find yourself on the other end of the tunnel feeling incapacitated,... emotionally and spiritually damaged or even crippled.

It doesn't have to be this way.

If you look hard enough, into the mirror, eventually you will understand truths about yourself

You are not the ghost of a failed promise.
You are not the fragments of a shattered dream.
You have so much more potential than you realize, if you only just realize the oppression you are experiencing. You can choose not to feel this way.

You fall to the floor, and recoil from cuts and bruises, and you feel the pain.
But the pain does not need to own you.

The best way to stand on your two feet is to analyze these cuts and bruises, and know the pain.
Once you know the pain, you can decide not to feel the pain. You can decide not to let it own your senses.

You can tell yourself,

"I will have a good day today"

"I don't want to feel like this. I will be happier."

"I don't want to think of those things that hurt me. I will endure."

"I don't want to be troubled by my shortcomings. I will push past them."

"I don't want to be afraid. I will surrender to the moment."

There is nothing too good about yourself that you cannot experience the world.
Yet you are worthy of the things you want, if you can only ask yourself to let go of the ego, and stay with the moment.

Stay with the wind. No running far forward. No pushing back.
Just be content in the now, do the things that your heart and soul desire of you, and don't be afraid to plant your seeds there, wherever they land.

Old 15-04-2015, 08:03 AM
Knower

Wonderfully written and great message
Old 16-05-2015, 08:50 AM
chezzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nam3lessOne
Was inspired to write, so here goes...

I'd say two words for Name3lessOne - sincere and awesome;

practical example of surrendering the moment - after hard day of work come back home, fill the bathtub with hot water and aroma oils, dive in and surrender the moment
Old 17-05-2015, 11:42 PM
Newbie ;)

I feel as if it was meant for me to see this. Thank you.
Old 18-05-2015, 06:37 PM
chezzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taurian
I feel as if it was meant for me to see this. Thank you.

you're welcome :)
Old 21-05-2015, 05:06 PM
Seeker

Great message, thank you . Elina
Old 06-07-2015, 09:10 AM
raemoon

Thank you so much for this. It always makes me feel a bit brighter being reminded I am in full control of my thoughts and, in turn, my emotions.
Like seriously I'll feel like poop and wonder why and realize it is because I am only thinking sludgy thoughts in my own head. And then I'll distract myself with company or funny things online and find myself being actually amused and laughing, actually laughing! I was feeling like a sack of frowns 10 minutes ago what.

It's really quite simple, letting things that make you smile occupy your mind brings up your mood.

If you allow thoughts that make you want to curl up in the fetal position and wail and moan till the world ends occupy space in your pretty little head you better be ready to do just that and not grow or accomplish much else. However, flip the coin, pull the lever, tickle your freaking amygdala, let in the light, even if it seems wishy washy or whatever and ALLOW YOURSELF TO FEEL GOOD. That is absolutely crucial... the ALLOWING part.

Let hope sneak in.
Not expectation.
HOPE.
that what you desire will come in to your experience.
FAITH.
that you alone have the conscious and unconscious power to attract that experience.
GRATITUDE.
LOVE.
All the good feelings that we want are available at any moment if we just know from which thoughts to draw them from.

Things will get good for you and when they do RECOGNIZE IT and CELEBRATE!

Celebrate your small triumphs, your favorite things, the people you love, and the beauty of your life will unfold before you. Let the good feelings bloom inside of you like a flower.

CULTIVATE POSITIVE THOUGHTS IN THE PART OF YOUR BRAIN YOU CAN CONTROL AND THE PART YOU CAN'T CONTROL WILL EXPERIENCE THE POSITIVE FEELINGS THAT COME WITH THEM.

Never forget your mind's limitless potential. It is easy to get lost in emotions and act like you have no control over them, but look at yourself, in any mental state, and try to explain how you did not put yourself there. That might not be as easy. Now I might just be getting a little preachy because I feel so empowered by the thought, but at least I'm not still in that sack of frowns I was chilling in before I checked this thread! Thanks so much, again!!

THINK HAPPY NOW, AND BE HAPPY NOW. For real, nothing else matters.
Old 06-07-2015, 11:22 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
if you can only ask yourself to let go of the ego,

How d'you do that in a way that makes sure you do let go of the ego?

And...

What can one do without one's ego because there's no I or me without it?

::::
Old 07-07-2015, 08:08 AM
Lorelyen

Looks like I'll get no answer.

Unfortunately, the whole message is misleading and could be counterproductive.
No matter how hurt you are you don't draw negatives into the affirmation.
Quote:

"I don't want to feel like this. I will be happier."

"I don't want to think of those things that hurt me. I will endure."

"I don't want to be troubled by my shortcomings. I will push past them."

"I don't want to be afraid. I will surrender to the moment."
The bits I emboldened should be left out. They only remind one of their plight. You look forward with affirmations, not back.

All it needs is -

"I will be happy."
"I'll deal with my problems when they crop up."
"I will be bold and surrender to the moment." (whatever that means.)

....but I'll let it go. You have to think out affirmations carefully. They do work
and reminding yourself of what you want to move on from will become part of the pitch.

Old 07-11-2015, 04:09 AM
Suspended

a we break thuroughly loosen those iron vascular nerves upto sundae-smother surrenderee about just to one's liberty and one's full self expression and the people we love us, all.

a we just blotch those presumptions. a we just ice-on those presumings.

its official purposed lack of ensigns - resorted feel offs that borrow no having a get over oneself hard.

surrender on your feels to get strong and well, to - you.