Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 24-02-2013, 08:23 PM
sesheta

5-HTP & Depression

I just wanted to share this with everyone.
For the past 6 months or so I have been having a lot of "down times" - as in feeling sad, hopeless, not much energy...It has been getting progressively worse, with this past month being extremely hard- crying almost every day, feeling alone, not understood, and like nobody cares.... I have been taking a Vit. D supplement for months, and that didn't seem to be doing much good.....

So - I did some searching, and found something that seems to be working really, really well!!!

5-HTP - This is an herbal anti-depressant. I've been taking it for about 3 and a half days now, and it already seems to be helping a lot No more severe crying jags (I haven't cried at all yet today - YAY!), and my mood is much more even. The only side effect I have noted thus far is that, occasionally, I will get a "queasy stomach" for a minute or so, but it is literally only for a minute, and then it goes away.
I will stay on it for at least a couple of months, to see if it really is taking effect, but I am truly amazed at how different I feel! I was not sure if it would work at all (I'm always sceptical of any medicine, or natural remedy, until I see tangible proof that it's doing anything!)

Here is a link if anyone wants to check it out:

http://www.healthyplace.com/depressi...in-connection/
Old 26-02-2013, 02:45 AM
Master
Thanks Sesheta, I guess I'd better get some. I've been way too emotional and upset...Crying lots.
Old 26-02-2013, 03:06 AM
Amused59

I've had a similar experience with 5-HTP. I second sesheta's recommendation
Old 26-02-2013, 07:55 PM
sesheta

I had one of my friends ask if I think maybe it's "just in my head" (ex. the placebo effect) However I don't believe it is...over the past few months I have given myself "pep talk" and lectures all the time...knowing in my head that I was just being overly sensitive, and that the negativity was not nearly as bad as I was believing it to be....but it never helped. No matter what I tried, I just could not shake all those horrible, dark feelings, and I would cry endlessly.....
Taking this has made it stop - all of it. Here's a link that gives more info, as well:

http://www.5-htp.org/
Old 27-02-2013, 09:36 AM
Master

Well, I sneakily got some and it arrived today.

Whilst I believe there is a merit in the dark feelings and they shouldn't be ignored, taking the edge of them is something that holds water for me.

Vit D did nothing.

I do like Bachs Rescue Remedy for the crisis moments.

Thanks sesheta for sharing the information.
Old 27-02-2013, 07:18 PM
sesheta

To Belle

Whilst I believe there is a merit in the dark feelings and they shouldn't be ignored, taking the edge of them is something that holds water for me.

-- I agree - I put up with all those dark feelings for a long time, thinking that it would pass, and I would learn more from actually making myself deal with it....but it reached a point where I just couldn't cope anymore, and I realized that there was something very wrong - that behaviour/thinking process was not like me AT ALL. I was draining the people around me, and I was exhausting myself.....so I had to do something. And I am so thankful to have come across this - it has made a world of difference, and I feel like I am back to my normal (well, as normal as I ever get, lol ) self!!
Old 27-02-2013, 07:53 PM
Master

Indeed sesheta, 6 months is far too long and as you say, you have to consider those around you as well. Healing and confronting the difficulties isn't all about the self, it has to be borne out in conjunction with others.
Old 27-02-2013, 08:22 PM
B_Tarot

Hi Sesheta, thanks for the recommendation and I am going to look into this too.
Old 28-02-2013, 02:35 AM
sesheta

**keep in mind that, just like everything else, you need to check if it's OK for you, if you are already taking other medications, so PLEASE check the warnings and possible side-effects that can occur if taken with other things!!! I checked that myself first...sometimes we think that an "herbal/natural remedy" can't hurt anything, lol, which is not true!
But if you determine it is safe for you to take, by all means, I highly recommend it - I was on the verge of going to a Dr. to get prescribed anti-depressants....and I always prefer natural remedies first, so I am SO glad this is working for me
Old 04-03-2013, 07:17 PM
Ascender
How much are you taking?

Keep us posted on effect( /side effects) ! :)

the future's so bright