Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 08:37 PM
~Jay~

Right or left brain dominant? (Quiz)

The following questions will help you find out if you are left or right brain dominant, which in turn can help you discover much about yourself. Each statement will have either L or R next to them. Any that you think applies to yourself, keep a note of if they are L or R, and total them up at the end.

1. I am neat and tidy. (L)

2. I keep a diary. (L)

3. I often daydream. (R)

4. I like to wander in nature. (R)

5. My guesses are often right. (R)

6. I would make a good editor. (L)

7. I gesture with my hands when I talk. (R)

8. I tackle problems logically. (L)

9. I work hard for what I want. (L)

10. I am intuitive. (R)

11. I consider myself a down-to-earth person. (L)

12. I have a vision for the world. (R)

13. I express myself well with words. (L)

14. I wanted to be an artist, designer or musician. (R)

15. I enjoy fantasy stories. (R)

16. I am good at mathematics. (L)

17. I am goal-orientated. (L)

18. I love to dance. (R)

19. I like to be practical. (L)

20. I always follow my hunches. (R)

21. I can't relate to psychic things. (L)

22. I get bored with routine. (R)

23. When people ask a question, I turn my head to the left. (R)

24. I always take a familiar route. (L)

25. I enjoy learning facts. (L)

26. I wanted to be a solicitor, accountant or dentist. (L)

27. I like to know the facts before making a decision. (L)

28. Sometimes I lose time. (R)

29. I love the full moon. (R)

30. I like routine. (L)

31. I love music. (R)

32. When asked a question, I turn my head to the right. (L)

33. I write lists. (L)

34. I have an active imagination. (R)

35. Sometimes I just know the answer (R)

36. I like co-operating with others. (R)

37. I prefer to read a book than watch the film made from it. (L)

38. I like to be in charge. (L)

39. I like to see the whole picture. (R)

40. I sense atmospheres in a room. (R)

A left-brained person would be more logical, rational, cerebral, practical, hierarchical, punctual, a lover of routine, and would like order and discipline. They would have an eye for detail. The downside of this is that they are split between the head and the heart, which can result in a lack of feeling for other people. They would also tend to be cynical as they have disconnected with spirit.

Right-brained people are inclusive, empathetic, visionary, unbounded, artistic, creative, imaginative, spiritual, flowing and psychic. The downside is that because they lack focus, they frequently have difficulty in accomplishing things and consequently make slower progress. They can also be fearful and superstitious.

The aim for the age of aquarius is to balance the right and left brain qualities.

(Taken from a book by Diana Cooper)
Old 10-01-2007, 08:41 PM
~Jay~

I was actually suprised by my own results when I did this a while ago now, as I thought I was more right-brain dominant than they actually suggest. I got 12 L's and 18 R's.

I suppose it's only a rough guide though - and I'm happy that I appear to be more evenly balanced than I anticipated, LOL!
Old 10-01-2007, 09:34 PM
dreamer

18 rights 2 lefts, oops not very balanced but i am right handed so thats gotta count for something huh?
Old 10-01-2007, 10:35 PM
deltawaves

Thanks for this survey, I was surprised too!!
I got 17 rights and 8 lefts, I thought I would get more lefts, but is good to see my right side is really coming to the fore after so many years of the left brain having it's way, cool :> I agree the balance is what we are working at becoming.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:09 AM
Lapis

I got 18 right and 14 left with a few that I just couldn't relate to so didn't answer. Like the I turn my head to ----when asked something??? Yeah, let's aim for whole brain function for a change!
Old 11-01-2007, 03:21 AM
BLAIR2BE

17r and 14l with several "not sure"s (im sure i am more unbalanced that THAT ;/ lol)
Old 11-01-2007, 05:19 AM
tiltjlp

Interesting, although I don't fully agree with her conclusions. As I knew, I'm quite heavily left-brain, although at times I sure seem brainless. Some didn't apply, but I ended up 18 left and 6 right. Since I'm a writer and editor, that wasn't much of a surprise. But the summary for the right brain influence included both creative and imaginative, as well as spiritual, all of which I am.

John
Old 11-01-2007, 03:39 PM
ljepotica

Aha!!

It was as I expected am glad to say:)

17 rights
5 lefts
And the rest not sure.

Ok so I guess I need to stop dreaming and start balancing myself more:)

Nice test Jaycee:)
Closed Thread