Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology > Astronomy

Old 17-03-2011, 07:53 PM
nightowl

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
NOW, we're Talking!

We should have a Super Moon picture party. Everyone take pictures of what it looks like in their area an share the pics on the forum!

nightowl
Old 17-03-2011, 07:59 PM
Master
I'm game
Spritlite
Old 17-03-2011, 08:22 PM
Master
Supposedly there's also a link between the full moon and increases in crime according to statistics.
They call it the 'lunar effect' or 'transylvanian effect' whereby there's said to be a correlation between the lunar cycle and increased human deviant behaviour.

Indeed The word 'lunatic' comes from the Latin ‘luna’ meaning a moon and can mean someone who goes mad with the changes of the moon. Interestingly, back in eighteenth-century England, a murderer could plead “lunacy” if the crime was committed during the full moon and get a lighter sentence as a result.

Apparently graphs of murder rates do actually rise and fall in conjunction with lunar cycles, they call it 'murder tides'.

.....course it might just be down to better visibility or somat.
Old 17-03-2011, 08:35 PM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus72
Supposedly there's also a link between the full moon and increases in crime according to statistics.
They call it the 'lunar effect' or 'transylvanian effect' whereby there's said to be a correlation between the lunar cycle and increased human deviant behaviour.

Indeed The word 'lunatic' comes from the Latin ‘luna’ meaning a moon and can mean someone who goes mad with the changes of the moon. Interestingly, back in eighteenth-century England, a murderer could plead “lunacy” if the crime was committed during the full moon and get a lighter sentence as a result.

Apparently graphs of murder rates do actually rise and fall in conjunction with lunar cycles, they call it 'murder tides'.

.....course it might just be down to better visibility or somat.

yes I have heard of this before and have witnessed how the moon affects behavior. I know a good many police officers and nurses and they will tell you on full moons, well its crazy. My nephew is bipolar and there is a difference in his behavior as well.

Are you going to share some pics...
Old 17-03-2011, 09:17 PM
Master
Yeah I've read about the connection with bipolar disorder too, it seems to be widely accepted.

I spose it's not so strange that it affects us if we consider the body consists of upto two thirds water anyway.

No pics, hehe, unfortunately I personally transform into a wolf on the full moon and I can't operate the camera with my paws!!!
Old 17-03-2011, 09:19 PM
nightowl

heheeeee...good one...lol
Old 17-03-2011, 09:46 PM
Master
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus72
No pics, hehe, unfortunately I personally transform into a wolf on the full moon and I can't operate the camera with my paws!!!

So you say! I'm just a stupid human who doesn't know how to post their own pics! How do you think I feel! Buuut, we can both howl~*

Old 17-03-2011, 09:51 PM
Ascender
There are a few thinks that also happen before and after the moon perigee on the 17th. Tonight Jupiter is at perihelion and mercury climbs to 2 degrees of Jupiter's lower right. The two (Jupiter and Mercury) sit equal for two evenings and stand high at 9 degrees. That is when the moon passes through at perigee. The next evening, the 20th, is the Vernal Equinox. Then the following night Jupiter falls fast and Mecury reaches its greatest angular seperation from the sun on the 22nd. There will be a lot going on in the heavens during the next few days.
Old 17-03-2011, 10:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
So you say! I'm just a stupid human who doesn't know how to post their own pics! How do you think I feel! Buuut, we can both howl~*

Lol, yeah how do they do that?? I wanna put my eyes up on the other thread !!!

I assume they take pics with digital cameras, feed them into the computer, photoshop somehow to cut the rest of the face out, then post them at a host to get forum codes. Maybe you can take the pics with a laptop, I don't know.

Probably beyond my tech know-how too unfortunately, back to howling at the moon.
Old 18-03-2011, 12:00 AM
Animus27

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jfso3CiHwN8