Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 10-02-2018, 07:28 AM
Deactivated Account
Fears of potential through the 'mirror' effect

One of the things I've found to to be the most challanging over the past few years (sigh ) of this journey is to be faced with a mirror showing me everything I have ever rejected in myself... mainly my gifts - my potential.

It is at times a little bit freaky to see so many core similarities in terms of gifts, personal mission, energy and potential reflected to me through another person.

This morning I had to release and forgive some blocks around this huge rejection of myself.

For me to contemplate claiming more of what is mine there was a part of me which would see that reflection and be afraid that what I saw wasn't really 'mine'

I felt like a fraud every time I contemplated reclaiming all of my gifts... I was afraid that I would be able to seperate this overshadowing reflection and put my own voice... my own energetic fingerprint... my own essence into it without taking something which I felt I was not entitled to.

I already knew that alot of this came down to childhood wounds... and wounds stemming from social conditioning in the church establishment I was raised in.
It was an environment where self expression was the first thing to be taken and the last thing to ever get back.

To be able to freely express oneself and be known by others is the first step to getting to know oneself.

So when my heart catalyst- my divine mirror came through- who was the first person to see the real me and hold up the mirror for me to see I became frightened because of the social programming to not be seen.
In claiming my right to self expression - my right to be seen - my right to my voice - my right to access and live from the core of my true essence I worried that I was being a fraud!!
That my gifts are not mine! That they only belonged to my mirrorsoul and only he had right and access to them!
It's all totally crazy I know.

These blocks have been very heavy for me to shift but there is a strong urgency in me to keep going because I am no longer wanting to be held captive .
I've shared past lives with this soul where I continued to be held captive by my beliefs about my own lack of freedom and sovreinty.

I feel overshadowed by this reflection- which is odd because everything I see is mine to claim (in terms of my own soul song... not in terms of a person)... to put my signature on and to make my own.

I wonder how much of this is stemming from wounds in the feminine... wounds in the inner child or is this just collective junk?

The term 'children should be seen and not heard' could also apply to women in the past.
But when 'seen they were never really seen as whole in their own rights.

Like I said - I've spent all morning forgiving MYSELF for the limitations I've been placing in my life...

And I'm making a point now to dwell in the spark of my own soul as I remember it before I rejected it.

It is something which is taking alot of strength to step out of... and each day I try to feel my way into the next step of empowerment... claiming that which is mine and expressing myself authentically even though the tendancy is to feel so afraid of truely being seen.

There is a sense of feeling deeply 'shunned... yet a stronger sense of needing to gently emerge from behind centuries of living in shadows...
Like a debt is ready to be paid with my willingness to claim what I owe myself in this life.

I feel afraid that this is all an allusion on my part - that once I get myself out of my trap I'll be caught again.

I want to run... and not get caught again... yet i feel I must
Face myself... and the traps i built.

Upon feeling further into it -
The biggest trap of all... has been the total disconnection and alienation from my core self...

From that core self essence - it's all mine to claim without fear or shame
Old 10-02-2018, 07:36 AM
Deactivated Account
It is my hope that through posting this I may access some more of my own empowerment and claim more of myself... those gifts of mine... that inner spark which I so deeply do not want to reject anymore.

I do hope that others here are able to relate to me - much of what I expressed here left me feeling both vulnerable yet empowered and I know the gift of claiming and being MORE of who I am is something which empowers not only myself but also others.

So I am interested to hear and share other people's take and experiences.

Another fear block in claiming more of what is mine is the fear of attachment to the mirror soulmate.
It is this balancing act of learning how to be open to people seeing me and accepting the love from others as much as it is about me learning to not attach to that love.

I know it is a practice of connecting to the core self and to source and recieving that love as it is mine.
I just feel the love for the soulmate so deeply that it can be challanging at times to not become entangled in it.
I love this soul unconditionally and on every level - a closeness which I am not sure I can afford at this time as I am still reclaiming something - my own souls expression which I rejected a very long time ago.
I want to love myself at that same level... to live and be unapologetic in my truth.
Old 10-02-2018, 11:50 AM
Experiencer
I resonate with this completely and have had some really interesting lessons come up the last couple of months! ♡

One of these very important lessons for me was around freedom and my constant feelings of being trapped within my circumstances. I figured out that I was trying to remain trapped in my safety blanket of familiarity out of fear (all which I already knew) but that I was choosing to remain in the trapped feelings. So my constant need to get out and never finding a way out was the hamster wheel of seperation of my true self and source. I was running and always had the goal but the effort I was expelling only went in circles.

I'm not sure what it was that got through to help me see. I already knew that the desire to do something was a choice that you had to make every day and I had been making it for years. But the epiphany of what that means to really decide must have broken through and I could feel the difference between "fake it till you make it" and really being the shift. Almost like an identity. Faking it is just that, deep down you know its not real.

Anyway, that opened up an entire can of worms and giant healing around my worth as a woman and being "unclean" judgements. I experienced it in my own life but the healing/clearing felt huge! Like I was not only doing it for myself. Then it flowed into all the judgmental emotions around motherhood and still feelings of lack and unworthiness. It all seemed to flow together (old news) but in a way that was conscious, if that makes sense.

It was as if I was seeing my situations and it was a lens to see all the core wounds pulsing too. Some more bright than others but my identifying and no longer allowing attachment to it (power over me) loosened the strength over the collective consciousness. Not by much I'm sure but the whole thing was crazy and humbling. I'm pretty sure I understand why I always felt victimized by life.

Still trying to find my feet but I'm really mellow about the whole thing. Even the usual intense feelings I get when clearing only effected me a bit. I was detached in a way I hadn't been able to achieve before! Woo hoo! Lol

The last major message I received was I was organizing my life/energy wrong. My mind was using old templates to try to accomplish a new way of living. I was (again) going in circles trying to figure out how to make these changes externally but I also know that energy needs to be shifted within first. No more faking it. It felt this message come in and now I'm trying to relax into it so that the shift has less resistance. Not that easy! Ugh...

Old 10-02-2018, 03:29 PM
Guide

It's a good thing to learn EmeraldHeart, and it is not easy to do. It took you years to become who you were and it will take a lot of work and trust in yourself to become who you are to BE.

What I struggle with is abandonment which was thrown upon me as a baby when my father was seriously injured in an accident. He spent 2 years undergoing 7 surgeries and in and out of the hospital. My mother had anxiety and did not handle the situation well.

I was pushed from babysitter to babysitter, each with a different way of taking care of me (and not always well) and I developed abandonment issues. This carried through my life. It is my twin who holds the mirror up to me to see this and shows me I have myself to depend on and I don't need others to do this for me.

I'm doing self talk around feeling abandoned by friends and family. I'm really putting forth the effort to trust people when the tell me they are too busy to get together. I tend to feel "oh they hate me and are leaving me." It's been hard and some days I fail, but I am doing better and it feels good. When my twin sees me falling back in this pattern, he'll say something to me to point it out.

Trust yourself EmeraldHeart.
Old 10-02-2018, 07:52 PM
Deactivated Account
Feeling 'trapped' has been a huge one for me as well.
But slowly I am also choosing empowerment over victimisation.
In this life I choose to transmute all that so on a COSMIC level I already knew how capable I am.

It is true... I had a rough beginning but it has made me a powerful warrior!

I have to express some LOVE here hahaha! Man oh lordy LORD I had a massive day and then night of getting right into some of these repressed shadow aspects... which I was diving into with GLEE!

I called in ALOT of my repressed feminine (lilith energy) and was able to access all this depth and fearlessness I never knew I had (or had forgotten about).

I've been taking a closer look at my birth chart as well - and so much is emerging. There is alot more depth to me than I realised and the 'mirror' can only reflect so much.

Speaking of this divine feminine rising... and these repressed shadow aspects - they run deep and with a level of passion and intensity I don't think I've ever been equipped to deal with until now... understanding my chart let's me see where I can use my earthy energy to ground myself so that the power of the emotional water and expressive fire in my chart can freely express.

I am loving this vibe right now. This energy won't allow me to take any cr.ap. anymore. It is intense and expressive and passionately emotional in a way which I've not been encouraged to explore or express before.

It is incredibly empowering and expansive... well beyound anything the 'mirror' effect could reflect or bring out.
'Twinflames' whatever they are may reflect the purity of the soul spark... but what emerges after that IS UP TO OUR OWN willingness to explore and see for ourselves.

So now I know the Purenees of my soul and I'm getting to know the complexity and depth of my personality and realise that it is all within my reach... all these aspects of expression are placed perfectly to be accessed and used as tools for empowerment.
The soul... expressing itself through the unreppressed personality ??? I dunno I am not a psychologist lol.

Haha!!! This is a super long post

Another thing I'm noticing is that the energy emerging now... the shadow sides of divine feminine Is fiercly protective of my hers and the inner child's right to be... to express... to play and explore and to screw it all up...

So that's all pretty good hahaha!

Ok.

Peace and blessings and dark feminine goddess kick a.ss! Lol
Old 10-02-2018, 08:16 PM
Deactivated Account
Thanks ssdm your words to trust myself are comforting

I had neglect issues in my childhood due to mental illness in my parents so understand where you are coming from. I learnt to be self sufficient as a kid and had no where safe to express myself.

After the twinmirror experience I was always subconciously looking for someone to 'see' me and hold me in that space which to a degree I had to allow my inner parent to do for me.
It was actually only during this last month or so where the inner parent and child were able to conciously realise express this need to be seen and to claim that as my need and express it to my husband who I feel safe with.

At the same time I had to be open and allowing of myself to being seen.
It was actually something my inner child needed to be able to understand and safely express - to anotyer human being without the fear that my needs would go unmet. It was very deeply healing...
One of the lessons my inner child needed was to know that I am not alone... and that I can safely ask and recieve what I need. I suppose if I didn't have an understanding and willing partner I'd have to find another way to safely explore that.

Again I accessed and used my own chart to help me here lol in conjunction with the full moon and eclipse energy - it was tapping into an area of my chart which governs communication and the way i express feelings so I used that to my advantage to give the emotion expression and communicate my needs.

You are right - it takes a long time to set these patterns.

It is quite remarkable in one sense that healing can also happen in a relatively short time span in the scheme of things... especially if your looking into ancestral and past timeline wounds as well. This is especially true if the soul is right at the tail end of one cycle and the beginning of a new one.

Compassion, forgiveness and love... for yourself and others... rinse repeat... they are really empowering tools.

Old 10-02-2018, 08:31 PM
Deactivated Account
Thanks space for allowing my little self absorbed ramble hahaha
Can I hug space???

Thanks Psyche and ssdm1 ...

I missed ya Psyche.
Old 10-02-2018, 08:34 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldheart
Thanks ssdm your words to trust myself are comforting

I had neglect issues in my childhood due to mental illness in my parents so understand where you are coming from. I learnt to be self sufficient as a kid and had no where safe to express myself.

After the twinmirror experience I was always subconciously looking for someone to 'see' me and hold me in that space which to a degree I had to allow my inner parent to do for me.
It was actually only during this last month or so where the inner parent and child were able to conciously realise express this need to be seen and to claim that as my need and express it to my husband who I feel safe with.

At the same time I had to be open and allowing of myself to being seen.
It was actually something my inner child needed to be able to understand and safely express - to anotyer human being without the fear that my needs would go unmet. It was very deeply healing...
One of the lessons my inner child needed was to know that I am not alone... and that I can safely ask and recieve what I need. I suppose if I didn't have an understanding and willing partner I'd have to find another way to safely explore that.

Again I accessed and used my own chart to help me here lol in conjunction with the full moon and eclipse energy - it was tapping into an area of my chart which governs communication and the way i express feelings so I used that to my advantage to give the emotion expression and communicate my needs.

You are right - it takes a long time to set these patterns.

It is quite remarkable in one sense that healing can also happen in a relatively short time span in the scheme of things... especially if your looking into ancestral and past timeline wounds as well. This is especially true if the soul is right at the tail end of one cycle and the beginning of a new one.

Compassion, forgiveness and love... for yourself and others... rinse repeat... they are really empowering tools.

It's interesting what you've said in the part I've bolded. It's only been the last month so for me too that I've really been able to do better with things.

Just today plans for lunch tomorrow fell through. It's raining (OMG)! No ice, no snow, just plain old rain. The people I was to meet want to wait for better weather.

This is typically the type thing that would take me down and make me feel I'm not worth a little trouble. Since I've been working on this it really has not affected me a lot. I'm a little disappointed, but able to keep it in perspective and I'm proud of myself for this.

Since the eclipse and full moon, my twin and I seem to have switched places. He is very, very social, always going out. I'm more stay at home. For the past month, I'm the social one, lots of plans and going out. He's had very little social activity and a lot of time at home. The mirror seems to be doing more than just reflecting but putting us literally in the others shoes. (I guess we're a tough case and needed something stronger, lol).
Old 10-02-2018, 08:38 PM
Deactivated Account
That's great ssdm1.
I am happy for your recent breakthrough

I'd be proud too.
Old 11-02-2018, 09:13 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldheart
One of the things I've found to to be the most challanging over the past few years (sigh ) of this journey is to be faced with a mirror showing me everything I have ever rejected in myself... mainly my gifts - my potential.

It is at times a little bit freaky to see so many core similarities in terms of gifts, personal mission, energy and potential reflected to me through another person.

This morning I had to release and forgive some blocks around this huge rejection of myself.

For me to contemplate claiming more of what is mine there was a part of me which would see that reflection and be afraid that what I saw wasn't really 'mine'

I felt like a fraud every time I contemplated reclaiming all of my gifts... I was afraid that I would be able to seperate this overshadowing reflection and put my own voice... my own energetic fingerprint... my own essence into it without taking something which I felt I was not entitled to.

I already knew that alot of this came down to childhood wounds... and wounds stemming from social conditioning in the church establishment I was raised in.
It was an environment where self expression was the first thing to be taken and the last thing to ever get back.

To be able to freely express oneself and be known by others is the first step to getting to know oneself.

So when my heart catalyst- my divine mirror came through- who was the first person to see the real me and hold up the mirror for me to see I became frightened because of the social programming to not be seen.
In claiming my right to self expression - my right to be seen - my right to my voice - my right to access and live from the core of my true essence I worried that I was being a fraud!!
That my gifts are not mine! That they only belonged to my mirrorsoul and only he had right and access to them!
It's all totally crazy I know.

These blocks have been very heavy for me to shift but there is a strong urgency in me to keep going because I am no longer wanting to be held captive .
I've shared past lives with this soul where I continued to be held captive by my beliefs about my own lack of freedom and sovreinty.

I feel overshadowed by this reflection- which is odd because everything I see is mine to claim (in terms of my own soul song... not in terms of a person)... to put my signature on and to make my own.

I wonder how much of this is stemming from wounds in the feminine... wounds in the inner child or is this just collective junk?

The term 'children should be seen and not heard' could also apply to women in the past.
But when 'seen they were never really seen as whole in their own rights.

Like I said - I've spent all morning forgiving MYSELF for the limitations I've been placing in my life...

And I'm making a point now to dwell in the spark of my own soul as I remember it before I rejected it.

It is something which is taking alot of strength to step out of... and each day I try to feel my way into the next step of empowerment... claiming that which is mine and expressing myself authentically even though the tendancy is to feel so afraid of truely being seen.

There is a sense of feeling deeply 'shunned... yet a stronger sense of needing to gently emerge from behind centuries of living in shadows...
Like a debt is ready to be paid with my willingness to claim what I owe myself in this life.

I feel afraid that this is all an allusion on my part - that once I get myself out of my trap I'll be caught again.

I want to run... and not get caught again... yet i feel I must
Face myself... and the traps i built.

Upon feeling further into it -
The biggest trap of all... has been the total disconnection and alienation from my core self...

From that core self essence - it's all mine to claim without fear or shame

I wanted to reply sooner, but I kept resonating more and more with each reply that was posted. As I've previously mentioned on the forum, I met my mirror soulmate a little over a year ago. And while it's been a beautiful journey, it's definitely been filled with challenges.

I'm rather young (26) and for all that I've been through in my life (chronic pain, depression, anxiety, childhood trauma, etc), I can't say that I've ever "found myself" or the true essence of who I am. I know it's inside of me somewhere, but I'm just beginning the process of digging everything out and sorting through it all.

Really, the process of discovering myself through spirituality began with my SM. As my exact mirror (identical personalities, life paths, beliefs, mannerisms, etc) seeing my reflection in him, prompted me towards doing the inner work necessary to heal. But, it is challenging to heal when you've lost the essence of yourself. Or, better yet, never really had that essence to begin with. It really makes you wonder what you're exactly looking at when you look into your SM's (or twin flame's) eyes.

Every week, I watch the Twin Flame 1111 tarot card reading on YouTube. I believe the reader's name is Karen. While I'm not in a TF relationship, I find that the energies of both the DM and the DF still resonate strongly in soulmate relationships. Any how, if you get a chance to watch the reading online, I love how she described the "child orphan" phenomenon. It's similar to what you wrote about children not needing to be seen nor heard and I found her interpretation to be quite profound.

Essentially, the child orphan is pretty self explanatory with feelings of rejection and abandonment being the major themes. But, the card also has to do with children not feeling emotionally supported by their parents. The parents were present physically, but not emotionally. The child grows up feeling as though there are these imaginary walls where yes, needs are being met from a physiological standpoint, but really no one was really there for them. You become lonely, isolated, self-reliant, and learn to hold everything in for fear that your emotions will never be reciprocated or validated by other people.

Is it right to say that in a sense, growing up in that manner, we de-validate (word?) ourselves? How can we learn to give ourselves that which we've never been given? By far, that's been probably one of the biggest things that I've been struggling with throughout this journey.

For me, I know that my soulmate is my reflection. It is me who I'm looking at. But, at the same time, I feel like "That can't possibly be me!" And, I'm always afraid of getting trapped in that reflection, regardless of how beautiful it is.

In a lot of ways, I've been rather stubborn throughout this process. I feel myself desperately clinging on to the girl that I see myself as. Worthless, depressed, a "nobody," the list goes on and on. It's not that I want to maintain any of those images. I want desperately to heal and grow, but I am horrified of seeing myself in a light that I've never seen myself in before. My negative self image has always been who I am, as terrible as that sounds. Moving beyond that, I feel that I am being a fraud or "playing a role." And, I'm terrified of disconnecting from that because I feel so lost in my life.

To be honest, my mirror soulmate is the first person in my life who's seen me in spite of all of my flaws, insecurities, imperfections, etc. He's the only person who's seen my deeper essence and who has been so supportive in helping me work through the process of uncovering this image for myself.

I still have a long way to go, but I'm trying as hard as I can to take this journey one step at a time. Figured I would at least add my two cents in for now . As much as a headache as all of this can be, it's such a relief to begin to pull off all these layers and cut all these chains. Definitely been weighing me down for far too long