Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 25-09-2017, 07:05 PM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amilius777
I can honestly say God doesn't want anything. He just would like to see humans be more compassionate, forgiving, and loving.

We are spiritual beings who always had command over our own destinies and realities. We are just having a human physical experience at this moment. Our consciousness right now is limited and bombarded by the laws of this realm which are mainly illusionary.

What WE want on a higher level, which is why we are here, is we want to EVOLVE, we want to grow, expand, and learn things we have forgotten.

It just came to mind while I was doing my usual morning chore is that how you used EVOLVE, I was wondering if you'd agree that it could be seen as a resurrection? I also thought that one must first be spiritually awakened then resurrected/evolved then ascend as in rise above this world of confusion. I'm unsure which spiritual group you belong to and its certainly interesting to me.
Old 25-09-2017, 07:23 PM
Newbie ;)

Hello all,

If I'm to go my an explanation given in Indian scriptures, then God (or Ishwara) has no desires. And a human soul sans desires becomes God or merges with him.
Old 25-09-2017, 07:28 PM
kjw47

God wants mortals to love one another as one human family--The govts are causing division. False religions are causing division. The inequality of incomes is causing division-- Gods true followers have no part of those scenarios-1Cor 1:10--there is one human family under God--with unity of thought( not this world) Unfortunately 99% are duped by satan being the ruler of this world. And are mislead into the world things that Jesus said to be no part of.
Old 25-09-2017, 07:37 PM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47
God wants mortals to love one another as one human family--The govts are causing division. False religions are causing division. The inequality of incomes is causing division-- Gods true followers have no part of those scenarios-1Cor 1:10--there is one human family under God--with unity of thought( not this world) Unfortunately 99% are duped by satan being the ruler of this world. And are mislead into the world things that Jesus said to be no part of.
Yes that last sentence is correct and I'm glad Jesus commanded us to attend Sunday school just as he set an example the true meaning of "what would Jesus do" means he would attend Sunday school. No?
Old 26-09-2017, 08:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHIYAH
That's algudz did you like the part about how the Noah flood has nothing to do with the Flood mentioned in Revelations too? Symbolisms are symbolisms the Flood in Noah's day was a danger and also the flood mentioned in Revelations is also a danger to a certain people. They are also likened to the baptism. Looking at the water baptism and the Floods is like an enemy being allowed to attack you from all angles. As for Adam which are many and Eve which are many as well as Lilith/Lilitu/Lili'u/Liliku which are also many and are symbolisms all on their own and the so called original sin is something to be discerned when you think of the verse that says "before the Law was given sin was already in the world" and considering that Seth walked with God which is also Hebrew poetry and is symbolic but what sin did Seth commit? Oh that's right because the bibles say that "All have fallen short of the Glory of God" so all have sinned and since sin is the transgression of the Torah what sin did Seth commit? Lets remember what Yeshua said when he was in a heated discussion with some hypocrites "You are of your father the devil he was a such and such from the BEGINNING" that such and such part is the breaking of the commandments which according to Yeshua was given at the beginning. Strange! I wonder why you haven't commented on the other stuff I have posted. Btw been waiting for you to reply to them to get a discussion going.

I don't know anything about Seth?
Old 26-09-2017, 08:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47

Yes God wants us to love each other. I am wondering what he wants out of sin and suffering?
Old 26-09-2017, 08:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by rousseau
Hello all,

If I'm to go my an explanation given in Indian scriptures, then God (or Ishwara) has no desires. And a human soul sans desires becomes God or merges with him.

What are Indian scriptures?
Old 26-09-2017, 08:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
Since the earth is a not-so-good place, one obvious thing God might want is for it to be transformed into a much better one

If this be so you could argue whether that transformation could be incremental or sudden, evolutionary or revolutionary or how it may transpire

Also that God may intervene directly in all this, which appears to be standard Christian thought (Revelation) but there are other Christian streams that see it differently, like - even if that is true why not try and improve it for when he does. The unfortunate side effect of holding too firmly to 'God will come back and fix it' is it encourages the status quo until that time comes. This strikes me as counter intuitive and doesn't make sense

i think that is why many spiritual luminaries have thrown curve balls to shake up the entire structure that keeps things as they are. the current state of the world seems to be artificially propped up, or not eternally going to be like this. anything that's not forever isn't actually real from a timeless perspective so will one day vanish, or at least change for the better

if something will one day transform it's more true to act like it's already happened than to think it's as we see it, although that runs counter to our senses. but the philosophers of old were clued in on this thousands of years ago. Only what has a heavenly counter image is truly real

As to destruction of other humans. I don't see that God wants that, nor do we need his help. Why not change their minds instead?

A perfect society is another name for paradise - that is big ticket item to wish for! i think yes he want us to try and reach it but in a genuine way and get as far as we can

since this is the same individually as well as for society as a whole, then by definition imperfect individuals would play a part in restoring imperfect society - it's the same thing.

Just some thoughts anyway

I think God does want paradise.
Old 26-09-2017, 09:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHIYAH
So mickiel the answer to your second question is a predetermined one for those that are gathered from the 4 corners of the Earth which is similar to saying from one end of the Heavens to the other and from one end of the Earth to the other and with these in mind it only has to be realised within these people. One is a servant of the other in order to bring about the WAY. As you might already know that there are servants that act as if they are the son parading around as if they are from the Lamp Kingdom. They are the thieves puffing up their own pride with their own confusion but you should be able to see right through them. I'd say be careful though there are some that speak as if they're the enemy of the Father and Mother and are not and there are those that speak as if they are from the Father and Mother and are not. Like you we should all be able to discern one from the other even in this thread alone. Stay Blessed.

Who is " The Mother?"
Old 27-09-2017, 12:12 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickiel
I think God does want paradise.

GOD HAS PARADISE...BUT THE QUESTION IS...DO YOU.