Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > News & Announcements > Old News

View Poll Results: Are You Happy With How SF Is Run?
Yes 14 93.33%
No 0 0%
Don't Know 0 0%
Don't Care 1 6.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 28-10-2006, 10:43 PM
Deactivated Account
i'll tell you what, (i've only just come in this last 10mins and seen this) if you've got anything else to say why don't you post it openly for all to see instead of harrassing kundalini, or why don't you pm me????? the name of this forum says it all 'spiritualforum' why don't you who keep dragging this on and on (you know who you are) actually pick up a dictionary and look up the word spiritual? for god's sake grow up
Old 28-10-2006, 10:51 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by kundalini
One more thing, should anyone now feel that I should be relieved of my position as moderator, then please state so now. I ask this because if you feel the forum IS being run badly, then I am man enough to hold my hands up and step down. People are rarely happy if they feel they are being victimised or their views aired in public. I have took this decision to air these members views because I am getting a little fed up of sorting out disputes only to have absolutely pathetic comments made long after the original argument. So, please feel free. This thread is immune to the other rules and you can be assured that your opinion will be discussed respectfully.

pass any further pm's of this nature onto me k the forum isn't being run badly at all and you do an excellent job here, daisy x
Old 28-10-2006, 11:12 PM
Pounamu

Kundalini, Good morning!

This truly is the best of the spiritual forums that I frequent; and I am very happy with it... I respect you for your taking on and handling a job that can be difficult if these abuses occur.

To my mind, people who are abusive or petty are revealing to the whole forum their type of consciousness, and that will bring its own harvest back to them... for myself, I ignore the foibles and engage in the debate if and when I see that it could be useful in some way. If someone throws insulting remarks my way, I think to myself "Well it takes two to make an insult effective; one who gives it with malice aforethought, and one who takes it up and accepts it!" And if it is not accepted (like water off a duck's back), then it simply falls flat and the disservice is done to the originator. I believe this is one way to handle such an exchange; but of course I realise that there are others who would think in terms of "I'm not going to let them get away with doing that!!!" and their first and swift reaction is to engage in battle.

I guess that such people will eventually come to the realisation that such a reaction simply invites more of the same; violence begets violence, and NEVER improves the situation; but people have to learn this in their own time.

If we can train ourselves to go into the heart when faced with this, and realise that we are all, truly, brothers and sisters of the one family, and we all react as our consciousness is at the time, these 'brickbats' can be set aside with the love of our hearts that melts all problems in compassion and understanding of another's point of view, as being simply their contribution of the moment. If it reveals that they have work to do on themselves, we can silently bless them towards success in that!

Respectfully,
Pounamu
Old 28-10-2006, 11:21 PM
kundalini

Hi, thanks for your comments daisy. I have sent you a PM.

Pounamu, you are completely correct, my friend. I will give your thoughts on this some more contemplation.
Old 29-10-2006, 12:11 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pounamu
Kundalini, Good morning!

This truly is the best of the spiritual forums that I frequent; and I am very happy with it... I respect you for your taking on and handling a job that can be difficult if these abuses occur.
To my mind, people who are abusive or petty are revealing to the whole forum their type of consciousness, Respectfully,
Pounamu

and it is a form of abuse!!!!
Old 29-10-2006, 03:27 AM
rose

oh kundalini! i do sympathise with the tough job you have. i was moderator on another board once and the angst it caused me trying to discern when i should step in or give freedom! i think many people take it for granted the tough decisions you guys have to make.

it's hard because i believe nothing is just black and white....but very grey. knowing when to act on a belief is tough. and very confusing. but you come out stronger for it.

personally i don't believe the board has become about stroking egos. coming from a family where i was discouraged more in the name of growth...i've learnt that encouraging people instead of criticising, is a more powerful, effective and a more light filled way of helping people find their true potential both in personal and spiritual growth.

i've had to fight this dark kind of judgement all my life to learn to love myself and others more. to me it's about love. and acknowledging what i can learn positively from the people who have tripped me up.

therefore i am not really a believer in "banning" people just because they create dischord. as jaycee pointed out, we can choose to ignore certain posts. but outright unnecesary criticism and downright disrespect can also do so much harm. i find it hard not to speak up against unfairness and harsh words. hopefully everyone can work on situations like these together...like you are suggesting...and find ways to band together when the board's happiness is threatened unnecessarily. some people are stronger than others and it would be a shame of people were "scared off" because of over developed egos getting away with too much abuse etc.

we are all different here, and we don't always agree but we can work together like a jigsaw and balance the dark and the light, the right and the left, the storm and the calm...as humans i believe we all experience all these ourselves .

i am not very eloquent, and the left side of my brain where one constructs arguments etc, is slightly underformed and it upsets me that i will be judged harshly by some of the people you allude to, because of this. but they can only get to me if i let them. the same goes for this board. it can stay strong and learn from these people who judge and criticise so much. we are all human and we all have strong reactions to people who challenge us. it would be a shame if these lessons were taken away from us because of banning.

BUT, i do understand that as a moderator you need to protect all here. and keep the atmosphere where we encourage new members and old to join and both teach and learn together. it would be awful if the darker way of speaking and "teaching" took over.

i don't mean to simplify things so much by referring to "dark" and "light". this is not a george lucas film but there are extremes here. it would be nice to balance them. it's hard for us all.

so after all that waffle from me...i understand both ways of dealing with this. but am still on the fence about it. sorry i was of no help in the end. i just get verbal diorrhoea
Old 29-10-2006, 05:32 AM
Enlightener

I reckon this is one of the best (run) forums on the net, your doing a great job kundalini.

Side note: I have noticed less spiritual conversation in the past couple of weeks, though it could just be me.

Enlightener
Old 29-10-2006, 11:51 PM
Lapis

Quote:
Originally Posted by kundalini
Hi all,

I would first like to say thanks to every member for being so courteous and so willing to put the events of a few weeks ago here at these forums completely behind them and allowing themselves to move forward. It truly is appreciated by myself for I enjoy the goodwill and harmony which has swept through the forums.

Unfortunately, once again, there are problems in the background which many members may be completely oblivious to. I have recently received private messages that indicate that the newfound goodwill and harmony here at SF is merely us members congratulating each other constantly and stroking each other's egos. Also, apparently, we all now LOVE each other again. Please note the sarcastic manner from that particular member. Without naming names, this very same member was disgusted with the disputes occuring at these boards a few weeks back. Please do note the hypocrisy.

There are also certain elements who dislike the way this board is apparently heading. Again, I feel as though I am banging my head against a brick wall. This board is apparently no longer a spiritual forum but a forum for the psychic arts, nothing more and nothing less.

Apparently it is my job to correct this problem - I should be out there informing members what they can and cannot post. No longer should there be threads of Angel Card readings or about the Phases of the Moon. Those threads should be in the minority. Please note my sarcasm, though it is the lowest form of wit!

Unlike the last thread I did on this subject which I closed to comments, I would really like opinions on what action should be taken with these members and their comments. Also, if anyone else has thoughts about what this is forum is truly like and the people who are here, please feel free to air your view right here! I do this because frankly, I am fed up to the back teeth of the clashing of egos! and background noise! I thought people would appreciate a friendly forum where we can discuss BOTH spiritual and psychic topics. I would appreciate some help.

Kundalini.

I could never be a Moderator.......

First of all I'm curious about what people believe "spiritual" is and isn't? To one person it means one thing and to 16 others it may mean 16 slightly different things. Who's right and who's wrong? None IMO, because everyone has the right to believe whatever they wish no matter how idiotic or "wrong" it may seem to us. I think the real question is - can everyone allow everyone else this basic right here at SF or not???

I'd also like to know why it's a repulsive disturbing thing to some people when some forum members connect and feel the love briefly? Mind and Heart are both important I feel. No one should be made to feel bad or wrong for using one or the other or hopefully both!

Like many other members here there's certain forums that I don't visit or post on because -

1)I'm not interested but don't have any need to limit anyone else who is.

2)I don't personally believe in or can't relate to some of them but, once again, I don't have any need to limit or restrict anyone else who benefits from those subjects nor do I have a need to publically state that I don't believe in something other people hold important and dear. Freedom to learn and discern for one's own self is ultimately important to me.

3)If I don't enjoy it, whatever the subject or topic is, I stay out of those forums and live and let live. This seems real easy to me but I am admittedly weird.

Are far as what to do about the issues you mentioned Kundalini; honesty, common sense, compromise backed with a clear statement that versatility is normal I think would be a place to start from. If a member/members can't grasp that and they persist in making both of the Moderators and some forum members lives miserable, then the Mods and the Admin must decide what to do with those unwilling to allow different points of view without negativity and total lock-down of the freedom to express and think and feel happening at SF. Just my 2 cents worth however. Good luck.
Old 30-10-2006, 12:08 AM
kundalini

Thanks for your comments Lapis and they are comments ( the ones about posting in the forums that you like and respecting others rights to post in forums that they like ) that I agree with in their entirety. I have a feeling that the matter with the member is now slowly drawing to a close. Whether there will be a good or bad outcome is entirely dependent on the member for I have made enough concessions.

Kundalini.
Old 30-10-2006, 12:57 AM
Deactivated Account
you're a patient soul K
Closed Thread