Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 01-11-2018, 04:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
I don't stay quiet when I see deceptive nonsense of that sort, is all.

Baile....You don't see or understand the spiritual path of the hunter....And I don't see how being a vegan makes any difference at all to being more spiritual.....But for once we agree on something!

When I see obvious distortions of facts... or outright made up baloney posted like it's a fact....like someone saying human beings are herbivores... I'm sorry but I've got to say something!

Personally I don't care what anyone wants to eat....if you are happy with your diet....if it somehow makes you feel more spiritual or makes you feel better about yourself all I can say is good for you and I really mean that.

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 01-11-2018, 04:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnGold
meat is loaded with steroids and antibiotics
and the fear and sad energy the animal felt, you then consume

if people eat to satisfy their taste buds -then that is truly lower frequency behaviour

Which is why what little meat I do consume is NOT commercial meat.......I can't actually even remember the last time we bought any.

Old 01-11-2018, 05:48 PM
Seeker

This is a very very long thread and I haven't read all of it - so forgive me if I repeat something that was already written by somebody else. I just wanted to say that for me just thinking about raw flesh is mouth watering and I love the smell of a steak (I used to eat them bloody). I have three chickens that were recently rescued from factory farming. They have hardly any feathers and looking at their naked legs sometimes makes me think of fried chicken - meaning I really want to eat fried chicken then - even though I love them and I would never eat them. I am vegan. I don't eat meat, because I think it's wrong. But to me meat is not disgusting at all.
Old 04-11-2018, 09:15 AM
Master
Fish

[quote=Debrah]As for Gandhi's opinion of your 'drink', he said it was abhorrent and a deterrent to a spiritual life (paraphrased roughly from the link in my last comment to you). It had nothing to do with living a monastic life. Besides, considering that you're hanging out on a spiritual forum, I would have assumed that you had some interest in what he felt it would have to your goal of a spiritual life. I thought you might so give consideration to one of history's greatest spiritual leaders thoughts on the matter. My apologies if I misunderstood./QUOTE]

Jesus turned the water into wine.
in places where others do not.
Old 04-11-2018, 11:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by siebenraben
This is a very very long thread and I haven't read all of it - so forgive me if I repeat something that was already written by somebody else. I just wanted to say that for me just thinking about raw flesh is mouth watering and I love the smell of a steak (I used to eat them bloody). I have three chickens that were recently rescued from factory farming. They have hardly any feathers and looking at their naked legs sometimes makes me think of fried chicken - meaning I really want to eat fried chicken then - even though I love them and I would never eat them. I am vegan. I don't eat meat, because I think it's wrong. But to me meat is not disgusting at all.

That's really interesting, tbh I thought that people felt the same as me but pushed away there feelings, that's really cool that you really want to eat fried chicken but you don't as you feel it is wrong, to eat a steak bloody that's the sign of some one who is really o k with eating flesh.
And your a vegan, I do not eat eggs but I love my organic cheese and my cup of tea in the morning with milk and organic honey.
Can't work out how we both see a lump of raw flesh so differently but there you go

Last edited by Pagandell : 04-11-2018 at 05:22 PM.
Old 05-11-2018, 11:05 PM
Master
[quote=Pagandell]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrah
As for Gandhi's opinion of your 'drink', he said it was abhorrent and a deterrent to a spiritual life (paraphrased roughly from the link in my last comment to you). It had nothing to do with living a monastic life. Besides, considering that you're hanging out on a spiritual forum, I would have assumed that you had some interest in what he felt it would have to your goal of a spiritual life. I thought you might so give consideration to one of history's greatest spiritual leaders thoughts on the matter. My apologies if I misunderstood./QUOTE]

I like that Pagandell!!!

Also none other than o'l Ben Franklin himself said that beer and wine are proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!!!

Old 06-11-2018, 01:45 PM
Master
Color

[quote=Lucky 1]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagandell

I like that Pagandell!!!

Also none other than o'l Ben Franklin himself said that beer and wine are proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!!!

Hops and grapes are a gift from are dear mother earth, if we were not meant to partake in natures magic it would not be there.
Old 09-11-2018, 03:00 PM
Experiencer

[quote=Pagandell]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky 1

Hops and grapes are a gift from are dear mother earth, if we were not meant to partake in natures magic it would not be there.

Or maybe God wanted you to just eat the grapes and get the health benefits. As for hops, they're used to make alternative medicines. https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/in...tmono-856/hops

Recently I read that even the notion that wine has health benefits is being called into question. In fact, a study published in The Lancet says no amount of alcohol is good for you. https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/23/healt...udy/index.html

Alcohol is used to sterilize wounds and kill bacteria. Considering that the bacteria in our gut are paramount to our health, it seems counter-intuitive to take that product into our delicately balanced interior. At least that is, if overall health is the goal.
Old 09-11-2018, 03:12 PM
Experiencer

[quote=Pagandell]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrah
As for Gandhi's opinion of your 'drink', he said it was abhorrent and a deterrent to a spiritual life (paraphrased roughly from the link in my last comment to you). It had nothing to do with living a monastic life. Besides, considering that you're hanging out on a spiritual forum, I would have assumed that you had some interest in what he felt it would have to your goal of a spiritual life. I thought you might so give consideration to one of history's greatest spiritual leaders thoughts on the matter. My apologies if I misunderstood./QUOTE]

And the God of the Bible also allowed slavery, encouraged genocide when it was convenient and wasn't averse to sacrifice's at times. However now we have the ability to look below the surface and see that actual effects at the cellular level of various compounds on the delicate balance that is within us. . It seems sensible to me to look at the modern understanding of nutrients and anti-nutrients to make our decisions as to what is good for us and what isn't. Just my opinion.
Old 11-11-2018, 06:17 PM
Master
I agree with you Debrah.. twice, on alcohol and on 'god'. The god of the bible is pretty much a tribal god that went 'global' because of Jesus' impact and western civilization having the technological means to become a global power. People try to reconcile him with his historical-religious context he lived in but I don't into buy much of it myself..

As for alcohol, it does more harm than good, and the 'peace' one feels due to being able to speak up and having dulled senses just doesn't compare to genuine peace and relaxation. It's another cheap ticket to 'pleasure'.. I won't condemn others, people can enjoy themselves for all I care, but it's all illusion, not anything pure or genuine or that requires true work and effort..