Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > News & Announcements > Old News

View Poll Results: Should Moderators have the power to post PMs?
Yes! It is in the interests of forum moderation! 3 20.00%
No! It is an invasion of privacy! 11 73.33%
Don't know! It is a difficult question! 1 6.67%
Don't Care! 0 0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 30-10-2006, 12:32 PM
dreamer

I don't see the point in moderators to be honest, we are all moderators in truth anyway aren't we? Why bother having PMs if they are gonna be posted and looked at by moderators anyway, its like the CIA or something. I don't care either way really, it is funny though (if i'm allowed to say that?)
Old 30-10-2006, 12:46 PM
Master
hehehe, the CIA?

You make a good point about how we are all moderators....or SHOULD be. I do see the need for moderators though. It's good to have someone with the authority to make decisions regarding disputes between members and someone to deal with trolls as they pop up. It IS possible to have a decent board without official moderators, but in light of recent events I too believe it was/is time for this board to have moderators. And I think kundalini is doing a fine job and daisy will be of great help as well.

JOY is the evidence of internal growth ~ Marie Montessori
Old 30-10-2006, 12:48 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer
I don't see the point in moderators to be honest, we are all moderators in truth anyway aren't we? Why bother having PMs if they are gonna be posted and looked at by moderators anyway, its like the CIA or something. I don't care either way really, it is funny though (if i'm allowed to say that?)
Dreamer, the pms in question were sent to a moderator, and just so everyone knows moderators do not have access to pms
Old 30-10-2006, 12:51 PM
Deactivated Account
moderators keep the boards 'tidy' too, deleting duplicated posts and the like, we are also here to protect you from 'false' members who prey on sites leaving links and downloads containing viruses and such
Old 30-10-2006, 01:16 PM
dreamer

[quote=daisy]Dreamer, the pms in question were sent to a moderator, and just so everyone knows moderators do not have access to pms[/QUOTE

oops, not meaning to get at you or kundalini you both do a very valuable job - guess i'm a bit of an anarchist at heart.
Old 30-10-2006, 01:19 PM
Deactivated Account
[quote=dreamer]
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy
Dreamer, the pms in question were sent to a moderator, and just so everyone knows moderators do not have access to pms[/QUOTE

oops, not meaning to get at you or kundalini you both do a very valuable job - guess i'm a bit of an anarchist at heart.

hey it wasn't a go at you either dreamer, just thought i ought to make it clear for all thats all
Old 30-10-2006, 03:24 PM
cweiters

Yes, if what is being said privately has the potential of being toxic to all members of SF. Yes, show the message, but not the messenger. Prior to the public post give the messenger a warning that what he or she is doing is unacceptable. If it get to the point where a mederator review this as continuious then Yes, most definately you have forfit your preveledge for privacy. Example is the best teacher.

Love to all.......
cw

Last edited by cweiters : 30-10-2006 at 03:30 PM.
Old 30-10-2006, 04:31 PM
dreamer

[quote=daisy]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer

hey it wasn't a go at you either dreamer, just thought i ought to make it clear for all thats all

hee, hee, hee thats okay then, thanks Daisy.
Old 30-10-2006, 05:49 PM
cweiters

Im sorry, I thought you did. Now that is clear to me. Yes!
[quote=dreamer]
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy
Dreamer, the pms in question were sent to a moderator, and just so everyone knows moderators do not have access to pms[/QUOTE

Closed Thread