Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 01-01-2013, 08:53 PM
Henri77

what keeps you in a vivid dreamspace?

What do you feel (based on personal experience)
keeps you in a vivid or lucid dream
and what pops you out of that reality?

What can one do to stay in that reality longer?

I feel attention to the experience-sensation maintains contact
while inattention ,or accessing memory pops me out, based on 2 recent, rather pleasant dreams.

Is this accurate, and do you have other sugestions for staying in a lucid-vivid dreamspace.

I've been having a series of rather unpleasant challenging dreams and welcome the recent
pleasant learning ones.
My flying dream ended when the ground landscape appeared indistinct, like an unfinished hologram, and
last nights one with a hermaphrodite chigong master when i accessed 3d memories ,in conversation. He would pop into 4D and disappear when demonstrating what appeared to be chigong. Only his/her wristbands would be visible and his/her nude body became invisible.

We had a chat afterwards and my mental activity, enthusiasm broke-ended the "dream"

I've read a bit but am inexperienced at dream control
Old 02-01-2013, 01:00 AM
Quagmire

Maybe that what takes you away is that you try to control them and unintentionally leaves the flow of the dream.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:27 AM
Henri77

Dunno, i really had to will myself to fly-liftoff ...as usual.... and enjoyed a fair flight till encountering an indistinct terrain. Perhaps that's all i was allowed.
Few flying dreams have lasted terribly long.

This last one I def accessed 3D memory for information pertaining to out chat, and that likely pulled me out of the astral reality by breaking the continuity.

I dream a lot nowdays , but most aren't fun, and I endeavor to forget and erase the lingering emotion of a dreary or unpleasant experience,,so it doesn't pollute my waking mood.
They're not generally lucid and I forget I can significantly alter them midstream,

I admire those who create dream realities or at least exercise greater control within "dreams" Just never tried all that much to develop this, as I rarely dreamed the 15 yrs I had to use sleeper meds to doze off.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:41 AM
Quagmire

Ones dreams are something one can work with when one is awake. The dream does not stop just because you are awake. You can re-enter it and alter it afterwards simply working on turning the unpleasant into something pleasant and releasing that which causes the disturbance. Though it can be a little tricky if it is because of an imbalance in the crown chakra self instead of just an emotionally imbalance. One can also prolong a wonderful dream by consciously create imagery of what happened when you dropped out of it. Whether you are in a multi player or single player environment does not matter to the progression of ones inner being. Recreating ones dream, prolonging them is basically what people does when they keep dream journals and that is said to help in remembering and staying more aware in ones dreams as far as I understand.

Talked with someone today about her fear of height and basically said that it is the mind that is afraid not the physical body, so one can as well work on ones fear through imagination than facing them in their physical manifestation.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:12 AM
TheLegendaryDreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri77

while inattention ,or accessing memory pops me out, based on 2 recent, rather pleasant dreams.

Is this accurate, and do you have other sugestions for staying in a lucid-vivid dreamspace.

I've been having a series of rather unpleasant challenging dreams and welcome the recent
pleasant learning ones.
My flying dream ended when the ground landscape appeared indistinct, like an unfinished hologram, and
last nights one with a hermaphrodite chigong master when i accessed 3d memories ,in conversation. He would pop into 4D and disappear when demonstrating what appeared to be chigong. Only his/her wristbands would be visible and his/her nude body became invisible.

We had a chat afterwards and my mental activity, enthusiasm broke-ended the "dream"

and

Quote:
Dunno, i really had to will myself to fly-liftoff ...as usual.... and enjoyed a fair flight till encountering an indistinct terrain. Perhaps that's all i was allowed.
Few flying dreams have lasted terribly long.

This last one I def accessed 3D memory for information pertaining to out chat, and that likely pulled me out of the astral reality by breaking the continuity.

I dream a lot nowdays , but most aren't fun, and I endeavor to forget and erase the lingering emotion of a dreary or unpleasant experience,,so it doesn't pollute my waking mood.
They're not generally lucid and I forget I can significantly alter them midstream,

I admire those who create dream realities or at least exercise greater control within "dreams" Just never tried all that much to develop this, as I rarely dreamed the 15 yrs I had to use sleeper meds to doze off.

Take it from one, like me, who has experienced about 70-100 lucid dreams. This is null more than an estimate, but through my "course" of lucid dreaming in 2008-2010 I can tell you that, from my experience, below are what helped me stay in a dream and what helped me wake up, on-demand or not:

To stay in:

- Anchor yourself. Focus on what is happening around you. Realize that when you are in a lucid dream, you are in direct contact with your subconscious mind so you really have to believe that you can stay within the dreamworld.
- Rub your hands. Touch objects and feel if they are warm or cold. Keep the sensory input coming in - this, more often than not, will prolong the dream experience.
- Relax. If you can't immediately get control, sometimes this is because something might be communicated to you through the symbols or dream scenario - sometimes certain dreams are meant to be not controlled by the conscious mind. On the other hand, sometimes the act of being in full control will actually enhance the message being sent to you.

To wake up:

- Think of it. For the most part, it's that simple. Since you are in direct contact with your subconscious mind, this will usually happen almost immediately, unless you are not meant to exit the dream. I've actually had times where I had to fight off the thought of waking up - it's that effective.

- If you don't want to wake up, don't tell yourself anything along the lines of "please don't wake up"; the subconscious mind does not hear negatives. It also apparently accepts everything it hears. Because of this, the subconscious mind will hear "please wake up!" That's not what you would want to happen. So simply, to stay in the dream, don't think about waking up. Tell yourself, "I am perfectly anchored and will stay in here for as long as I need to."

Some people have said this, and I have experienced it to a certain extent, too:

- Sometimes, flying may overstimulate your senses, causing things to go all out of whack and eventually, or sometimes suddenly, ending the dream. To counter this, I have often held onto something while flying, to keep me anchored in that particular dream world. Sometimes I would grab onto my coat; once I've held a Koopa shell to help me fly to the top of a densely-forested hill. It may sound strange, but it's always worked for me.

Slightly off-topic, I've made vehicles fly from the passenger seat before. I guess I am a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants kind of guy, LOL
Old 02-01-2013, 04:08 AM
Henri77

Thanx for the simple-effective tips, I'm sure others will also benefit as the principles are quite clear-intuitive.

I've suspected my subconscious could use a thorough cleaning, purification, from any fears experienced in forgotten dreams.
Or early life negative experiences that have been assimilated, collecting dust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendaryDreamer
and

Take it from one, like me, who has experienced about 70-100 lucid dreams. This is null more than an estimate, but through my "course" of lucid dreaming in 2008-2010 I can tell you that, from my experience, below are what helped me stay in a dream and what helped me wake up, on-demand or not:

To stay in:

- Anchor yourself. Focus on what is happening around you. Realize that when you are in a lucid dream, you are in direct contact with your subconscious mind so you really have to believe that you can stay within the dreamworld.
- Rub your hands. Touch objects and feel if they are warm or cold. Keep the sensory input coming in - this, more often than not, will prolong the dream experience.
- Relax. If you can't immediately get control, sometimes this is because something might be communicated to you through the symbols or dream scenario - sometimes certain dreams are meant to be not controlled by the conscious mind. On the other hand, sometimes the act of being in full control will actually enhance the message being sent to you.

To wake up:

- Think of it. For the most part, it's that simple. Since you are in direct contact with your subconscious mind, this will usually happen almost immediately, unless you are not meant to exit the dream. I've actually had times where I had to fight off the thought of waking up - it's that effective.

- If you don't want to wake up, don't tell yourself anything along the lines of "please don't wake up"; the subconscious mind does not hear negatives. It also apparently accepts everything it hears. Because of this, the subconscious mind will hear "please wake up!" That's not what you would want to happen. So simply, to stay in the dream, don't think about waking up. Tell yourself, "I am perfectly anchored and will stay in here for as long as I need to."

Some people have said this, and I have experienced it to a certain extent, too:

- Sometimes, flying may overstimulate your senses, causing things to go all out of whack and eventually, or sometimes suddenly, ending the dream. To counter this, I have often held onto something while flying, to keep me anchored in that particular dream world. Sometimes I would grab onto my coat; once I've held a Koopa shell to help me fly to the top of a densely-forested hill. It may sound strange, but it's always worked for me.

Slightly off-topic, I've made vehicles fly from the passenger seat before. I guess I am a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants kind of guy, LOL
Old 02-01-2013, 05:44 AM
Toolite

IMO. Spirit allows you in and when the session or message is done you get kicked out. Bringing to the realm while sleeping is a level. On that level you are being taught but your mind s thoughts are quieted.
GTG
Old 02-01-2013, 06:39 AM
Henri77

Quote:
Ones dreams are something one can work with when one is awake. The dream does not stop just because you are awake. You can re-enter it and alter it afterwards simply working on turning the unpleasant into something pleasant and releasing that which causes the disturbance..

Good point.
We disagree on this,but I sense some dreams are created to manipulate our emotions, by entities. Those who feed off emotional energy.
The less attention I give those dreams the better, and clearing the subconscious of such emotional residue is also something I must consider.
Generally I neutralize the dream/emotion with source love, once I wake up. And don't look back.
But this is another topic,

Last edited by arive nan : 13-07-2013 at 03:30 PM.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:44 PM
silent whisper

Quote:

pleasant learning ones.

What comes to mind is flow (life force/vital energy/flow)...so why would you want to control? Cant you see the popping out through memory connection is revealing something important for you?
Old 02-01-2013, 02:19 PM
Quagmire

Quote:
Good point.
We disagree on this,but I sense some dreams are created to manipulate our emotions, by entities. Those who feed off emotional energy.
The less attention I give those dreams the better, and clearing the subconscious of such emotional residue is also something I must consider.
Generally I neutralize the dream/emotion with source love, once I wake up. And don't look back.
But this is another topic,

One could see everything as external manifested internal as emotions. What creates it is truly not the what of importance but why they are there. Find the why and you will find the path to the X that marks the spot: the what. This will then change your perception of the dreams and alter what you do with them relieving the situation changing the the landscape of your dreams.

Maybe it is the bad dreams that makes you uncomfortable in dreamland and when you are in a good dream you unconsciously leave while it is still good, your way of preserving good memories. So maybe there is a fear in that needing to be resolved and it is that fear that keep pulling you out of the flow of the good dreams...