Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Closed Thread

Old 17-10-2019, 07:29 PM
Master
Those who left Christianity generally carry with them resentment - they have not gotten 'over it'.

They need healing.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 17-10-2019, 07:53 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Jesus fulfilled the Law.
We are no longer under the Law but the principles for the most part still apply.

I was never under THE Law of the Jews. I do agree with what you are saying though.

Any good principle will be felt and known in my being and conscience if I am honest.
Therefore I shall apply accordingly in my daily lessons.

Hebrews 10:16
Quote:
“This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says the LORD: I will put My laws into their hearts, and in their minds I will write them,”
Old 18-10-2019, 02:09 AM
Experiencer

josephnebiggs-im not going through you to get to sky-if that was my goal i woukd go directly to her.

so let me suggest you reread my original post-pls do not badger another person for trying to understrand why someone would hang out in the christiNITY FORUM WHEN THEY CLEARLY HAVE STATED THEY DO NOTneed a savior.

actually what is your point your making about insuating i have something to hide? thats a bit of a stretch my dear-please respect that many people have poseed the same question to sky and have gotten no clear cut answer

and thats all i have to say bout that-no more talkey
Old 18-10-2019, 03:16 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotir
Yes, Miss Hepburn, that metaphor is my creation.

But it is not only a comment on violence.

I wanted to comment on SF members who profess to being ex or non Christians who claim to have rejected the Bible, Christian Teachings, etc., as being false, inauthentic, hypocritical, iniquitous, duplicitous, nonsensical, etc. - and yet - spend most of their time in the Christian forum in attempted de-bunking, arguing and coercing a similar rejection from others that they themselves haven’t effectively accomplished - otherwise they wouldn‘t be there - as if to convince themselves, to validate their own nascent, incomplete, disingenuous posture.

In other words they are still very much attached to what they claim to find inadequate, as having no utility in their life, but yet occupy most of their thoughts and time (at least here, but probably elsewhere as well) in the thrall of that utter and apparently unconscious existential attachment, trying to convince others - and their eternally disgruntled selves - instead of just moving on and pursuing what presumably replaces or displaces the so-called inauthentic, baseless, and suspect spiritual paradigm and practice, and significantly - always utilizing worst-case examples as justification, and conveniently ignoring best-case examples.

That’s also a ball and chain, but one that is perhaps less swinging and more dragging.

~ J

Jyotir, if so, how can people see into their own psyche,

“Physician, heal thyself,” but in reality 99.5% of people we can’t see our own traps and shortcomings,

Just a general question, not related to this topic or Christianity,

Jl
Old 18-10-2019, 03:21 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
Who or what do you think is being bullied here, god, the bible or christians?

As you mentioned the forum rules, it's HQ's job to police threads. If you think someone is trolling and feel the need to report, report.

Creates a childish atmosphere, I’ve even seen some members manipulate moderators by throwing words in like “I feel so bullied”, “you’re spamming my thread!” as a clear set up. And it works on some.

Childish to say the least. A spiritual person who can’t take dialogue and challenge isn’t very spiritual in the first place, or walking along that road I guess.

(Runs to the teacher)

JL
Old 18-10-2019, 03:22 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
Inavalan, I've noticed a few times now of you trying to police threads. What are you afraid of.

Keen police eye spots it again. Not joking.

Seriously, this is a forum.

Jl
Old 18-10-2019, 05:42 AM
Master
Quote:
josephnebiggs-im not going through you to get to sky-if that was my goal i woukd go directly to her.

There was no need to mention it to me in the first place then.

Quote:
so let me suggest you reread my original post-pls do not badger another person for trying to understrand why someone would hang out in the christiNITY FORUM WHEN THEY CLEARLY HAVE STATED THEY DO NOTneed a savior.

Badger? I could say the same about you. There's no requirement to be a Christian to hang out on the SF Christianity part of the forum. If you'd prefer a Christian only forum there are plenty about.

Quote:
actually what is your point your making about insuating i have something to hide? thats a bit of a stretch my dear-please respect that many people have poseed the same question to sky and have gotten no clear cut answer

I don't need to know why OP is posting. The point is, lets discuss ALL aspects of the bible, warts and all.

Quote:
and thats all i have to say bout that-no more talkey

Suits me, peace
Old 18-10-2019, 05:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Those who left Christianity generally carry with them resentment - they have not gotten 'over it'.

They need healing.

Some do need healing I agree with you, I personally know some who needed years of Psychiatric help to heal after years of following certain Christian beliefs and dogma.
Old 18-10-2019, 06:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
Creates a childish atmosphere, I’ve even seen some members manipulate moderators by throwing words in like “I feel so bullied”, “you’re spamming my thread!” as a clear set up. And it works on some.

Childish to say the least. A spiritual person who can’t take dialogue and challenge isn’t very spiritual in the first place, or walking along that road I guess.

(Runs to the teacher)

JL

Since joining SF I've reported one member I suspected of being a sock puppet. Once only. How many times have you reported members?
Old 18-10-2019, 06:08 AM
janielee

Not interested in engaging. But thanks Namaste
Closed Thread