Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 19-09-2019, 02:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Always spend time by yourself, sitting alone in Silence, being quiet.
Be still and know that I am God.
~ Robert
Depends on what you think, feel and believe 'God' is, doesn't it? Is 'God' (a/ka/ 'Life' in my book) 'stillness' or 'action' or a syncopation of both, like 'music' and 'dance'. From my book, for anyone's 'still' contemplation:
More than two and a half thousand years ago in what is now India, pondering the human predicament in light of what was then and there believed and known, the one most have since called Buddha, because distress was so pervasive, saw suffering as a central feature of earthly Life, and, because people were generally so selfish in aspiration, identified desire itself as the root‑cause of such condition. Consequently, as a first order of business, he counseled a nirvanic state be sought (wherein desire is renounced and, if not relinquished completely, at least held in abeyance).

But, though extremely beneficial in many ways, such advice is partial and therefore deficient unless there’s complementary learning. Because it focuses on the problem of suffering and ways to bring about its cessation, those who ‘religiously’ attend to it frequently end up giving short shrift to what is equally, if not more important: the why and wherefore of creative proficiency and joyful expression. While it is true that much that is of negative consequence can be prevented or, at least, overcome by relinquishment of desire, we won’t bring about, and so won’t enjoy, greater goodness unless we comprehend and learn to constructively channel the dynamic of Creativity.

Since Life is Creativity and Creativity is causal purpose in action, desirelessness is far from being an optimal goal (assuming such a state could actually be sustained, it would be totally Life-denying!). It is therefore important that we recognize that focusing on extinguishing desire, more than as a temporary exercise which enables us to develop the equanimity necessary to stop ourselves from being swayed by instinct, since other creatively crucial tasks—namely, developing and extending our capacity for constructive relationship and beneficent generativity—are then neglected, may not only be a waste of precious vitality, but result in atrophy and be crippling in effect in the long run.

For Life to flower and be more fruitful, desire must be discriminatingly refined and selectively accentuated. That is, what we desire and how we go about trying to attain it must be beneficially altered by greater awareness and understanding of the unitary nature and psychospiritual dynamic of Being. To promote such occurrence, relevant truth has been repeatedly stated; and I do so again: Individually, each of us is a transient aspect of an interwoven, ongoing whole. No one, as such, continues forever, and, except in illusion, no one has, or can ever have, a separate existence of his or her own. We maximize or minimize our own essential validity and creative potency to the degree to which we do or don’t cooperate with and contribute to developments that go on around us. Of itself, selfishness goes nowhere in the end.

But mere articulation of this truth is not enough. If it was, we’d already be getting along quite well together, because it has historically been stated in ways that are both profound and eloquent. Raising consciousness and inspiring unselfish involvement aren’t accomplished that easily. Indeed, at times, they are just about impossible, for, particularly when threatened by prospect of loss, selfishness has a tendency to tighten its innately powerful grip. Those so motivated then strive even more strenuously to insure their own welfare; if for more than that, then only for their own ‘kind’ to benefit. They not only reject but often actively persecute those who openly proclaim and conscientiously walk the path of what is holistically right and fitting. Because logic would otherwise dictate that self-interest be deliberately disregarded, sometimes even totally sacrificed, for greater good to ensue, many go to all sorts of extremes to still the voice of conscience and deny comprehensive truth....
Staying 'still' (doing Robert's kind of thing) or primarily being 'still' may be a selfish act if not integrated in a course or positive relational 'action', folks. It all depends on one's real motive for doing so. Think about it.

Old 19-09-2019, 02:52 PM
Master

“There's only one I actually, and that I is consciousness. When you follow the personal I to the source, it turns into the universal I, which is consciousness. Begin to catch yourself. Begin to realize your divine nature. And you do this by keeping quiet. The fastest way to realization is to keep silent. Yet you have to know why you are keeping silent. This is why you can't tell this to the average person. If a person has no inkling of Advaita Vedanta, you cannot say keep silent. For to them it means just to be quiet. They don't realize it means to go deep, deep, deep, deep within, to that place where absolute reality lives, and that's the silence.

Actually the human body cannot keep silent. There's something else that enters the silence. It has nothing to do with your humanity. It's only after years perhaps of meditation in previous lives, that you can be mature enough to really know what this path is all about.”

Robert Adams

Old 19-09-2019, 03:01 PM
Master

“... you finally realize it's this personal I that's been giving the trouble. That's an advanced state, but that's also a lie, due to the fact the personal I never existed. But you don't know that. Because you think the personal I exists, you have to use self-inquiry to lead you to the place where you realize the personal I does not exist. It never has, and it never will.“

Robert Adams

Old 19-09-2019, 05:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
davidson , does your left ring finger realize what you are doing ... and vice-versa ?
This strikes me as being a potentially educational example (for anyone capable of appreciating its significance) of a fairly 'blind' man pompously projecting that he clearly 'sees' what's true in reality.

Jyotir, or anyone else, please PM me if you think my sharing such evaluation violates your standard of appropriate forum decency.
Old 19-09-2019, 05:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
This strikes me as being a potentially educational example (for anyone capable of appreciating its significance) of a fairly 'blind' man pompously projecting that he clearly 'sees' what's true in reality.

Jyotir, or anyone else, please PM me if you think my sharing such evaluation violates your standard of appropriate forum decency.

Hahaha! You have a great sense of humour David!

Veg vs non-veg, wine vs beer ... let it be!

Old 19-09-2019, 05:47 PM
Master
Color

Feel the Presence yourself, feel the happiness and joy that you really are.
Feel the Presence, the Presence of Consciousness, the Presence of Pure Awareness.
When you begin to think about it-you spoil it.
~Robert

( I swear I opened the book and this is what came up first..hahaha)
I also took my coins into the bank...I said lemme guess first ...I said $152...
It was $152.37. Bazinga.

"Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by riding daily in a balloon of divine perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones...Meditate unceasingly,
that you quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence"
~~Lahiri Mahasaya, the guru of Yogananda's guru

I have no scientific evidence for anything I say.
Better to PM me if you want me to see a post to me. I miss a lot.

Old 19-09-2019, 06:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Feel the Presence yourself, feel the happiness and joy that you really are.
Feel the Presence, the Presence of Consciousness, the Presence of Pure Awareness.
When you begin to think about it-you spoil it.
~Robert

( I swear I opened the book and this is what came up first..hahaha)
I also took my coins into the bank...I said lemme guess first ...I said $152...
It was $152.37. Bazinga.

What synchronicity!

Old 19-09-2019, 06:24 PM
Master

“... what I'm talking about you're really space. You are not the body because the space between the atoms is larger, more than the atoms themselves. And the space becomes expanded taking up all of space. What is behind space? What causes space? What is the substratum of the space? You are, your real nature, absolute reality. So you see you are not what you appear to be. By trying to improve something that does not exist brings upon itself suffering. For you are identifying with the appearance rather than with the reality. As long as you identify with the appearance you go through all sorts of living conditions, all sorts of experiences. And you try to improve your living condition, as it were.”

Robert Adams

Old 19-09-2019, 06:27 PM
Master

“The whole universe is superimposed on consciousness. When you change identities and identify with consciousness everything disappears. Yet you continue experiencing not as an ego but as the Self. And what do you experience? Pure awareness. You are aware of the truth, the reality. Your body will continue its sojourn through the world doing what- ever it came here for, but you will not be your body.

Again this is paradoxical for you appear to be your body but you are not your body. You become a living embodiment of pure happiness, total joy and bliss. The world can no longer fool you or disturb you. You have a feeling of deep immortality. You know without words that nobody dies because nobody was born. You understand and realize without words that there is no causation for the universe. Nothing ever brought it into life. It has no cause.”

Robert Adams

Old 19-09-2019, 06:32 PM
Master

“... it begins as soon as you wake up in the morning. Try your best to see the fourth state of consciousness beyond waking, sleeping and dreaming. The fourth state is between sleeping and awakening. Try to catch yourself there.

People tell me they try and just can't. If you keep trying you will. That place where there is no thoughts. A place where there is no thinking of any kind. That still place, that is bliss consciousness. Before the I comes out and starts to do it's dirty work. Just before the I wakes up ask yourself, "Where did the I come from? What was its source? Who am I?" And the last thing before you fall asleep, same situation. When all thoughts stop and you are about to sleep, catch yourself in that state and ask, "Where did the I go? The I seems to be disappearing as I fall asleep. Where is it gone? What is its source?" And yet as you sleep as you dream as you awake there appears to be another I that is the observer of you sleep- ing, awake and dreaming. That is the real I, that is consciousness.

Actually there is only one I but as long as you identify with the body it appears to be a personal I. As you begin to become aware of the higher I the personal I simply disappears, for it never really existed. And the large I comes into play, which is pure awareness.”

Robert Adams