Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 20-12-2014, 04:18 PM
Deactivated Account
None of these answer Why but how it is invisible. I guess for better reasons unknown its something we are kept in the dark about.
Old 20-12-2014, 05:01 PM
KevinO

We see what we want to see.
Old 20-12-2014, 06:28 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinO
We see what we want to see.

Can you get a little less cryptic? You aren't supposing that I and others consciously for our own amusement make ourselves blind to they afterlife? That is just silly.
Old 20-12-2014, 06:31 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic
Can you get a little less cryptic? You aren't supposing that I and others consciously for our own amusement make ourselves blind to they afterlife? That is just silly.

Yup, and I agree with him. We create our own realities. Whether we're aware of it or not.
Old 20-12-2014, 06:48 PM
Deactivated Account
I don't need to show you all evidence that proves you wrong do I? What am I saying, I'm not the one who needs to bear the burden of proof it's both you and Kevin that do(if of course Kevin is claiming what you are that is).

I'm not gonna derail the thread though, I'd much rather hear others take on this question(the thread question, not the one of reality is what we create dilemma)
Old 20-12-2014, 07:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Is there a practical reason to this? Or is it some beings just aren't on a high enough level spiritually to see the veil of the afterlife?

I'll make a few points regarding your question.

Firstly, it assumes that there is an afterlife. This is not a fact, but a belief, despite the body of evidence collected by near death experience researchers and personal explorers of consciousness. Personally I do believe there is an afterlife based on my experiences, but I won't fool myself by saying that it is something I know for sure.

As others have stated and according to my understanding of dimensional theory, we can only perceive the vibrational level of reality in which we are attuned to in any given moment of time. While physically-oriented during normal waking consciousness, we are attuned to the physical dimension. During sleep and altered states of consciousness, we attune to more subtle dimensional levels of reality and thus experience those to the exclusion of the physical realm.

Your question as to why it is this way is not something anyone here knows.

Perhaps it is just a fundamental law of reality that we can not readily access dimensions that we are not consciously attuned to, with not much reasoning behind it other than for practical purposes of consciousness organization and focus.

Perhaps it is meant to be unknown as a test to embody the divine aspects of our spiritual self in the face of temporary separation and ignorance of our true divine spirits.

If one day you find yourself in the afterlife looking back at your life, you will probably take more importance in how you actually lived your life rather than the metaphysical ideas that you pondered. In other words, searching for knowledge of why the afterlife is invisible is probably of little benefit to your spiritual growth, as it does nothing to purify your mind or allow you to experience more love and happiness.
Old 20-12-2014, 08:58 PM
I would say that is part of the Agreement when we come here.
We have amnesia...
we have gravity...we have time...we are growing and understanding
so many things ...people call 'lessons'...
Earth is where we learn big things ... forgetting is part of the 'deal'.

Now, while we are here...if we learn on our own about other worlds...well, then that is pretty darn neat!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 20-12-2014, 10:20 PM
KevinO

Quote:
I don't need to show you all evidence that proves you wrong do I? What am I saying, I'm not the one who needs to bear the burden of proof it's both you and Kevin that do(if of course Kevin is claiming what you are that is).

I'm not gonna derail the thread though, I'd much rather hear others take on this question(the thread question, not the one of reality is what we create dilemma)

If I had known there would be a burden attached I would not have responded. I thought this was a jolly holiday with Classic and it has become the old science vs. religion strawman. However here's a go at it:

Each of us has our own viewpoint into this place. Yours is like no other. You make it seem like others by holding a position in space that synchronizes enough with other viewpoints that they seem the same.

Anyone who has been down the back alley, Scarlett or Miss Hepburn for example, knows that these viewpoints are not the same. We each see for ourselves our own universe, moment to moment.

The only proof, therefore is yours. If you accept there is more and begin to open the doors to perception (that would make a nice book title) the above becomes obvious. We each see what we want to see, more or less consciously. It is that simple.
Old 20-12-2014, 11:59 PM
Super Moderator
Radio and TV signals are invisible also. But they are there. all around us all the time 24/7. It's just because they are on their own frequency, and that's why we don't see/hear them unless we have a receiver attuned to those signals, or those wavelengths.
It's the same with the afterlife or astral dimensions.
Old 21-12-2014, 04:10 PM
Master
that is a good reminder, Tobi. Easy for our human understanding to grasp.