Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 03-10-2013, 10:33 PM
Ecthalion

Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
I read someplace that the soul usually leaves the body before the body actually dies. So there is no pain in death.
Unfortunately my father died of an agonizing heart-attack. My mother in law though died of cancer. After 3 months of pain, sadness and fear she finally died a peaceful death.
Old 03-10-2013, 10:42 PM
Master

I believe that can happen too. If that happens to me I believe it will be my choice to feel the pain and die in that way. There was something I am needing to learn through that experience.
Old 08-10-2013, 09:29 PM
Crystalline

Quote:
Originally Posted by lily of the valley
that's just your opinion.....
It's not an opinion, it's a fact of life. You can say all you want about it but the fact is......
Old 08-10-2013, 09:30 PM
Crystalline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecthalion
Unfortunately my father died of an agonizing heart-attack. My mother in law though died of cancer. After 3 months of pain, sadness and fear she finally died a peaceful death.

the number 3 is a significant angel number, and what's with everyone dying of cancer and heart attacks, its like everyone I know..........it scares me.
Old 08-10-2013, 10:16 PM
somnium

I had the most amazing NDE I could ever ask for. It was heaven! It was like my soul merged with God, and made me a God too. It showed me that all things live and all things die, and when we die we go back to the source of it all, having lived every possible life imaginable. It was pure will, or pure spirit. Death is the completion of life.

Even with that knowledge I am still a little afraid of death. I think it is natural. Some people are afraid of the moment when you slip into dreams. Its like a pull. I have heard it called the little death.

One thing is for certain, and for which we should all rejoice. We have spirits inside of our bodies, and this spirit lives beyond the physical body! Hooray!
Old 21-10-2013, 04:01 AM
livingkarma

My deepest fear is if it were sudden, I would be/am afraid of being aware/conscious of it about to happen or happening, mostly, b/c I would be scared for my children journeying through grief once again ...
If I were to be actively dying, I hope to go through the 5 stages of grief/accepting death for it to be resolved w/peace & joy for myself as well as for my kids to release much easier than they did w/their father's death ...
Old 28-10-2013, 03:59 AM
hollamoc

Red face

I do not fear it anymore. I know where I will go is truly where I am from. I believe we can have heaven here on earth too. If we realize we are love and love is truly all there is then I think we can change our perceptions. knowing we are all connected and on our perfectly planned journeys and knowing we are souls having a human experience helps me too.
Old 29-10-2013, 10:47 AM
Seeker

Death to beauty in itself. I do not see why people are so scared.
Old 11-11-2013, 04:22 AM
Raven Poet

To be honest, yes - I am afraid to die. I am afraid of how my ego will likely hang onto the physical reality and get freaked out and struggle when its grip on the physical is loosened by the dying process. But I am not afraid to journey home, back to the spirit world. I just hope my Spirit will send compassionate whispers to my ego when it feels the fear in the shifting consciousness, to ease its fear and help it surrender to the release.
Old 11-11-2013, 04:26 AM
Raven Poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritLady
For me it is the fear and pain involved in the dying process, ie I would hate to be murdered. Also the pain of leaving my children and husband behind. I do believe in an afterlife but cannot completely banish the thought of 'what if I never see my babies again? ' Sorry for the terribly negative morbid post lol.
Hi, SpiritLady! Welcome to SF! That's okay, I did not experience your post as negative and morbid - I think it is totally normal for a mother and a wife to think of the pain and fear her loved ones will face when she leaves this life. I think your post is delightfully honest too - I also would not want my exit point to involve violence either. I think it would be hard on my soul as well. So thank you for sharing!