Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 24-09-2013, 03:33 PM
morning_star222

Why so afraid?

Here's a question for all of you: Why are we so afraid to die? I once read that we are not truly alive to the extent that we "normally" are in our non-physical state; we are very limited by our physical reality - or rather we believe that we are.

The truth is that we are unlimited, bound by rules - mainly pertaining to physical.

So back to being so afraid, are we afraid to leave our loved ones behind? Or is it a fear of the unknown? Or both. I'm curious to know what other people fear so much about it.

I'm mostly afraid of the unknown, and of course knowing that my children and husband would be left here without me.

So tell me what do you fear most about death? And do you believe in an afterlife

Last edited by arive nan : 02-10-2013 at 12:10 AM.
Old 24-09-2013, 08:55 PM
Administrator
No im not afraid to die because their is no death only a continuation of life,as a medium i do believe in the spirit world and have given many validations to others to. my children are open to spirit so they know themselves that ,even if im not here in the physical i will still be around,just like their dad is.

Namaste
Old 25-09-2013, 02:24 AM
Niebla0007

Same here, I'm not afraid to die.
It means more of a relief for me, to finally be free from being bound in the flesh.

If there's No afterlife, then, why even bother worrying about dying?
Old 25-09-2013, 03:20 AM
primrose

I'm not afraid either, I do believe in an afterlife. Those close to me know how I feel, so will know I'll still be around when they think of me.
Old 25-09-2013, 10:56 PM
Niebla0007

Smile

"Afraid of the unknown"

Not trying to convince anybody about mysticism,
but the unknown is the very factor which drives us in exploring other realms.
Being afraid is just an instinct to deal with,
I just think not in a human state when I am in spirit - but in spirit/I am
in a dream world, into the astral worlds, another realm, or otherworlds.

It's the closest thing to an afterlife where man could get into.
Old 26-09-2013, 04:28 AM
spiritseeker123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
No im not afraid to die because their is no death only a continuation of life,as a medium i do believe in the spirit world and have given many validations to others to. my children are open to spirit so they know themselves that ,even if im not here in the physical i will still be around,just like their dad is.

Namaste

SPIRITSEEKER123: Can you explain a little bit more about what you believe the departed spirit does in the afterlife. Just curious about what you believe. NOTE; if you reply to this, please send me a quick message as a "notice" so I will be sure to get back here and see your response. thanks. peace.
Old 26-09-2013, 03:28 PM
Knower

Everybody is afraid, we are only humans. But the real fear comes from unknown or other sources, its different for everyone. Afraid not knowing the truth, because when you know the truth, the truth breaks you free, truth opens your eyes and lets you live in reality, lets you be close to God...well the truth is God and everybody wants to be part of God, everybody wants to go home, because well we are all from God. Our souls are part of God, they are created from his energy and essence. Others are afraid not from the death itself, death is just another phase of life, its just transition...we cant die as our souls are immortal, if our souls die, God dies and if God dies everything ceases to exist. Ussually people are afraid of not knowing what is beyond, afraid of not knowing how death occurs, afraid of pain, afraid of losing everyone, afraid of losing their bodies...
Old 27-09-2013, 03:09 PM
livingkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by morning_star222
The truth is that we are unlimited, bound by rules - mainly pertaining to physical.

So tell me what do you fear most about death? And do you believe in an afterlife?

Without knowing where this concept came from, I'm still inclined to answer from my own experiences ...
When we are in a rational state of mind we think we have control over reactions & situtations ...
We have limited thinking of the many possibilites we can die ...
I believe in the afterlife at the same time I'm equipped w/responsive fear to protect my life to the best of my ability ...
It is a known fact when people are caught inside a burning building they will do everything in their means to escape including trappling others ...
While it may sound barbaric; it is the natural response of survival mode ...
It automatically happens whenever we feel a threat (fear) to our life ...
In my opinion, it is not advisable to try to eliminate this fear ...
For daily living, I believe it is far more productive to accept that we all die ...

My fear is not actual death, it is all about harm, pain & suffering ...
From illness or being involved in an accident ...
Loss of vision or limbs or mobility, mental & physical impairment, surgery including reconstructive, extended recovery time or waiting to die ...
I want a quick death & for my loved ones; it is preferable to the above ...
However, if impending death is from the body breaking down from old age then the active dying process should follow its course ...

One of the greatest organic fears we all suffered from after the death of the father of my children/my husband was did he suffer any pain from his head being crushed ...
When the brain responds to loss its chemistry changes, shock sets in ...
Sayings like, "S/He is w/God" or "S/He is in a better place" or "S/He is still alive walking the streets of gold" or "S/He is a Spirit" = all sound like fighting words or platitudes ...
A bereaved person is not thinking in their normal rational capacity - they are responding from a state of grief & loss/God's mercy - the brain's protective shield from reality - many people mistake it for craziness ...
While I gained great practical knowledge & spiritual wisdom as a result of my grief, I would prefer my family to be safe & sound rather than receive these gifts in that manner & also for them ...
I know grief as they do also ...
I pray that at the time of my death they will have a cathected partner to lessen their pain ...
If you ever find yourself wanting to console the grieving, please allow their grief to be by simply listening/hugging, providing a meal or some kindness ...
Even when exasperated, never think or refer to them as crazy ...
Old 27-09-2013, 09:36 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by morning_star222
Here's a question for all of you: Why are we so afraid to die?
In general, we are comfortable with what we are familiar with. We can have beliefs regarding what is death, but most of us cannot claim knowledge of what death is.
Quote:
Rules pertaining to the physical should not cause fear since in death we are living the physical behind at least temporarily.
Quote:
So tell me what do you fear most about death? And do you believe in an afterlife?
I have seen very strong evidence of rebirth. I know bits of my former lives and another person close to me has convinced me of her former life with me. For me, rebirth is more than just belief. I have studied ancient sources on rebirth and performed tantra and yoga sAdhanA all of which have solidified my belief and understanding of death.
Old 27-09-2013, 10:03 PM
Estephan

When you die (with a belief of an afterlife);
1. Would you rather scream and cry feeling fear and anger looking back at your life or
2. Would you rather smile and feel acceptance and love looking back at your life?
First option; You die and wake up in another life and feel fear and anger all the time because that is what you have always felt, especially in your last hours.
Second option; You die and wake up in another life and feel acceptance and love all the time because that is what you have always felt, especially in your last hours.

Now, if you don't believe in the afterlife then would you rather when you die... Show your loved ones and children how afraid and sad you are to them or would you rather smile and be happy with your loved ones your last hours?

Same goes with relatives and family, would you rather want them to feel anger or fear then love and acceptance in their last hours?

I give questions because only you can answer them and not me, I do believe in the afterlife and I confront my fears all the time if you were curious so that I can die fearless and with full of love.

I remember reading somewhere that a long time ago deaths were never a sad thing but instead there were celebrations when people died to show happiness and love, to not be afraid of death. It's funny how things have changed.

This is just my point of view and if you feel that something else is more right, then it is right. I have no right to tell you otherwise, with that said take care my friends.