Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 29-09-2011, 06:22 PM
HiItsJustMeAgain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illumine
When I was younger, I used to get frustrated having to go to school because on the inside I felt that I should already be past that, that I was much older than my body. I've always been quite a mature person but I didn't give it much thought, though I did read on some website a while back, a long list of points that could mean you're an old soul and most of them fitted me, plus, it just feels 'right' to me, like it is true and I somehow know it on the inside.

Could be wrong but I try not to dwell on it too much. Once I've become more aware, eventually I will try to find out the truth about my past lives and such but for now I just try and get on with it, no matter how old I feel inside

Hi Illumine

I have probably seen that same list. It literally made me jump up and yell yes that's me!!
Old 29-09-2011, 06:26 PM
HiItsJustMeAgain

Quote:
Originally Posted by muireannrose
This makes sense to me. As a child I used to feel old, and even now I feel old, sometimes ancient. I used to tell my mother when I was little that I couldn't do it all again meaning I was just too tired to come back again. Those are still my sentiments.
Like you, I do like being alive but I just don't want to do it all again.

My friends also tell me I'm old. They say they are convinced that I'm actually 1000 years old, just in the body of a 20 year old. Haha.

Hi muireannrose,

my friends tell me too that I'm old. Your post made me laugh. Thank you
Old 29-09-2011, 06:31 PM
HiItsJustMeAgain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
It's a crazy subject ~ I felt old when I was young, and now I just feel age just isn't relevant. If I've been here many lifetimes, I'm unaware of them and don't concern myself ~ shrug~ and I was brainwashed by Jiminy Cricket with that song, part of which says "...Don't you want to live to be 103?" haha. Watching TV as a child, I remember nodding enthusiastically to that query. That sentiment has stayed with me, no matter what, including 2 heart attacks, diabetes, and the whole 9 yards of physical stuff and personal losses. I think in the beginning, it was that Capricorn thing, where I read that Cappies are old when they're young and vice versa. The old saw about being as young as you feel applies for me.

Hi Silvergirl,

well I don't either really feel that age is relevant. My feelings of being old don't really have anything to do with my physical body or age, but they have everything to do with my thoughts. I find it hard to notice that people around me don't really understand me. They seem to see this world so differently.
Old 29-09-2011, 06:36 PM
Master
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiItsJustMeAgain
Hi Silvergirl,

well I don't either really feel that age is relevant. My feelings of being old don't really have anything to do with my physical body or age, but they have everything to do with my thoughts. I find it hard to notice that people around me don't really understand me. They seem to see this world so differently.

Yeah, seeing things differently from what seems like the majority can be a painful challenge because (we're told) that we're social creatures and have a primal need to 'belong'. Yet we're not exactly herd creatures. I guess feeling better might involve learning / training yourself to appreciate your uniqueness.

Old 29-09-2011, 07:02 PM
HiItsJustMeAgain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
Yeah, seeing things differently from what seems like the majority can be a painful challenge because (we're told) that we're social creatures and have a primal need to 'belong'. Yet we're not exactly herd creatures. I guess feeling better might involve learning / training yourself to appreciate your uniqueness.

I know. I have tried. And I actually like myself and how I think. But it's just that I am social by nature and I value relationships, especially friendships. I'd love to have even one friend who really truly gets me... Thank God I'm pretty sure I know who my twin is. That gives me sense of peace, has always given. But that twin isn't, unfortunately, the easiest to have as a twin because he... well, I have posted about that to other thread so I'm not going to post about that in here. Different subject.
Old 29-09-2011, 08:32 PM
hawkmoth65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium_Laura
oh yeah.. I was told I'm on my 88th life by some Native Shaman.
88th??? Good grief,how many earth years is that?
Old 30-09-2011, 09:11 AM
HiItsJustMeAgain

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkmoth65

I'd like to know that too....
Old 30-09-2011, 09:55 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiItsJustMeAgain
I'd like to know that too....
If we imagine that an average earth life is say.. 80 years, times by 88 would be just over 7,000 earth years. However, those lives won't have all lasted up to the age of 80 so, that is just the maximum amount of years it could have been.

That's one heck of a long time!
Old 30-09-2011, 10:14 AM
Knower
Interesting...my TF and I bought a spirit board in San Francisco. We were eager to try it out. We've always felt we were very old souls and that we'd been together on many, many occasions. I asked a few questions and then got around to "Which year did my TF and I get together first?" or something like that....and the answer came back as 0000000 (can't remember how many zeros, but a whole bunch of them). Then I asked how many lives we had lived together, and got an answer with many numbers (I wrote all this down but lost it).

So yeah....I don't just feel old, I feel OLLLLLLLDDDDDDD!
Old 30-09-2011, 10:28 AM
Medium_Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkmoth65

I have no clue! I remember a past life in the 1940s. I remember one in the 1600s (as a Native girl), another in 1736 as a male, another in 1701, dying as an old woman in England. I don't know the year on this one but I was a male pirate, seemed also like Spain or England.

I think I kept coming back right away! From what I hear the past isn't really the past. That we can reincarnate in a time at any time. If that makes sense.

Time isn't linear, but like a pancake and we can travel through it to any time to be born. *shrugs*