Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 24-05-2011, 12:17 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahorse
Helllooooooo everyone !! Oh yes it's me, the annoying newbie again ! Well as a complete idiot (spiritually speaking) i can ask lotsa stoopid questions can't i? Let's start : I've heard people calling themselves or others "Old Souls". Now i'm ..... Do Souls get old? Ok, i understand our bodies die, but can our souls die too? now THAT"S and what happens then, da end? can anyone shed some light here please?

Rats! More annoying newbies with stoopid questions Grrrrrr :-))

Hi there SeaHorse, welcome. The only stoopid questions are the ones not asked, but using your newbie-ship is cheating lol.

Old Souls are the ones who have been around the block a few times, where young Souls might have been round once or twice - or even going round for the first time. It's not about age or have been around longer. But then, not all Old Souls need to brag about it or try to gain brownie points for declared themselves as such. :-) There are a few on these forums.
Old 24-05-2011, 12:30 PM
mac

As I pointed out earlier, it's different strokes for different folks on what 'old soul' actually means.... Any attempt at being definitive can be no more than a stab or a speculative guess.

I've put together a few more thoughts below concerning the situation of an old soul returning to the etheric prematurely as a child.

"First we should consider what being an 'old soul' implies. Those familiar with 'the spooks' will have some understanding of the pre-life, death, afterlife process. An old soul will likely have had numerous incarnations here on this earth (but not necessarily all old souls) from which they will have made a degree of spiritual progress. This may lead on to them being recognised for that by sensitives and others.

Lives here will have resulted in experiences of childhood. Lives elsewhere may not. Thus an 'old soul' may well be spiritually advanced but not necessarily have much experience of being a baby and/or a child here in this physical dimension.....

That being the case, the commitment to animating a new life here will have different implications according to how many previous childhoods have been experienced. For any particular 'old soul' the commitment will lead to a certain level of association/integration with the physical shell - the developing body. Others will experience different levels of commitment et al.

Take that one step further and it can be seen that some will have had considerable experience as a baby or child and others will not. The former, after their passing, might reasonably be expected to wish to resume their status as mature adults as quickly as possible.

The latter group may be more firmly integrated as (and committed to being) a baby or child and likely to need further experience in that state. That being the case, after a premature passing they would need support just as they would get in-the-body, here on earth.
"
Old 24-05-2011, 12:30 PM
Deactivated Account

just curious Greenslade, is there any advantage, besides the brownies , of being an old soul ?

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 24-05-2011, 01:38 PM
seahorse

Hello DreamAngel, i believe there are enlightened people among us and people who just sell books so it's very hard to know what's real or not, where is the real knowledge......So i like to use my common sense. I choose anything that is to my liking, not really listening to others who just claim to be gurus etc. I know that i may never find any truth this way but at least it will be my decison, my path and not somebody else's (who may just be a false prophet trying to make a buck-or a psycho lol lots of them around!)
I like that "ready to go home" concept. It would make sense we start as "babies" spiritually speaking and, reincarnation after reincarnation we accumulate experiences, wisdom, becoming "adult" and finally "old" souls.
"go home" could mean return to God.....that could mean our spirits "left" God sometime in the past....or He/She/it threw us out lol hmmmmm that reminds me of Adam and Eve hmmmmmm (too much thought my head hurts lol)
Food for thought anyway.....hey Dream Angel (love that name btw)do you know your Chinese Sign?
Lotsa funny animals in this Astrology...i'm a Horse (my wife's a Dog lol my kids sheep and ox !)
Old 24-05-2011, 01:42 PM
seahorse

Oh man...i just realised this thread had a second page! rofl sorry people i'll read the rest later.... lol i love this smilie
Old 24-05-2011, 01:45 PM
Deactivated Account

hi seahorse,

I like your common sense way of thinking and following your own path. I like to sample a variety of different lines of thinking, then make up my own mind or combine ideas from a variety of thoughts, and follow my own path.

Thank you for the compliment on my name

quite the animal family you have there ! sorry, don't speak Chinese, lol !
no clue on my Chinese sign, how do you figure this out ?

ha ha, chinese horse, seahorse .... any connection ? maybe you were a horse in a past life ?

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 24-05-2011, 02:15 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
just curious Greenslade, is there any advantage, besides the brownies , of being an old soul ?

Dream Angel xx

Every time, Dream. Old Souls get to watch the Young Souls run around like wild things and end up nowhere in particular :-)

Seriously though. Whether it's an advantage or not is up to the individual, and me having a very different perspective may or may not be the result of being an Old Soul. For me personally there's nothing to feel superior about, we're all heading for the same place and we'll all get there one day. I don't judge people's Paths, I try and see their Path as their way of doing what they need to do, and if that means not being in the least bit Spiritual then so be it. I can see Spirituality in people not being Spiritual, because after all we're here for others as much as ourselves. Others not being Spiritual can open up our own perspectives if we look at it the right way. While most people are working hard to climb that Spiritual ladder, I don't feel the need to. I know that one day we'll be Spirit again, so in that respect it's like sitting back and watching the kids run around :-) And that isn't to say it's not right for them, it's just not right for me. If they believe they have to work their whatsits off to get there, that's their Path and not mine.
Old 24-05-2011, 03:21 PM
NetSeeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahorse
I couldn't help but think (i do that sometimes lol) IF our souls/spirits/whatever have no age, are eternal could they be a part of God ?
I mean i allways envisioned God/Universe/Higher spirit/whatever as a separate Uber-Entity. What if we all are a little piece of Him/Her/whatever, like drops of water form the ocean?

Could they be a part of God? It is my belief that they most certainly are!

As a matter of fact I don't stop there; I believe that God is not an entity but an energy. And since energy is found to be the most basic building block of matter (at least that's what I thought I heard not too long ago in some documentary concerning metaphysics) everything = God and God = everything
Old 24-05-2011, 04:25 PM
CJ82Sky

great thread! similar to what a few others have said i believe older souls refer to experience - not just incarnations but various types, locations of incarnations, experiences and what not in whatever plane, realm, or planet it happens to be. an "older soul" to me is one with more experiences than a "younger soul".
Old 24-05-2011, 05:30 PM
seahorse

Hey people don't post too fast been gone for coupla hours so many replies this is wonderful, thank you all for taking the time to share your wonderful thoughts !
So little time, my older daughter want the pc for herself...fat chance lol
Well NetSeeker that's a very nice concept ! I was thinking, John's Gospel begins : In the beginning, there was the WORD. That was King James's (i think) translation. However, in the Greek translation the original word for "WORD" is ΛΟΓΟΣ (LOGOS). This word in greek means speech as well as INTELLIGENCE. The english word LOGIC is derived from logos. Interesting huh?What do you think John meant?
DreamAngel "no clue on my Chinese sign, how do you figure this out ?" It depends what year you were born. Google chinese astrology they'll find it for you ! or just write your dob, i'll tell you!
As for seahorse, Pisces in western astrology, horse in chinese=water horse=seahorse!