Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 13-06-2011, 11:35 AM
Medium_Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff4freedom
Hey Laura, what you said in your first post would be great if it were true. " If we remembered every right and every wrong we'd never learn because we'd be avoiding all the icky stuff from before."
Problem is all this memory is There...it's stored in areas of our physical, etheric and astral bodies. Yes, there is a partial veil.... but everything (once our soul has culminated it's unique expression as is the case with most folks on forums like this).. everything we encounter in our lives that we are judging as evil...dark or light....is judged based upon these past stored memories. Our job, should we choose to accept it, is to face the roots of our judgments....which lie even embedded in our DNA. We store it all until we release the dualistic judgment we placed upon it...way back when, and face it with love. Those, "bad things that happen to us" are only "bad" because we have stored a judgment from a past life somewhere in our astral/physical or etheric body. And as you say, it is there to bring a lesson...and that lesson is to replace the past life dualistic judgment that still to this day makes us dance like puppets . And yes, we do avoid all that "icky stuff"....but until it is no longer "icky" we will carry it from life to life...and be manipulated by it, usually totally unaware of that fact.. He he

I think what the "veil" you mentioned is ...is the fact that although we store all these memories in astral, etheric and our physical bodies....somehow (because of the frequency difference of each of our lives) we fail to be able to see it in our mental body... (generally speaking...unless we happen to know certain techniques for doing so)..

True but why do we remember fear instead of the good stuff then Jeff? Wouldn't the good stuff ignite us to want that feeling again and thus do no wrong?
I know in a past life (I have done regressions) that there were times I was a good person and helped others, but those are harder to find and mostly all the fear and **** comes through first. Like my fear of water, being drown as a witch, falling off a ship, drowning as a child, etc. I remember as a life in Egypt that I was a "seer" who literally would help the Armies find enemies with remote viewing; thus causing them to track them down and murder them. Why can't I remember as vividly when I was good? lol Maybe I wasn't and that's why I try so hard now?
Old 13-06-2011, 02:13 PM
Experiencer
Hey Laura.... That's a good question... It's all about energy. When we judge something as "bad", and have Fear of it, or of seeing that it is part of us....which it always boils down to, because the fact is, at the end of the day....it is all part of us, but part of the way the systrem of human evolution was built is that we seek what we feel is good.....and fear, and so Repress what we feel is bad.....and when it's something we feel is bad about ourselves, the energy it takes to repress it is quite substantial, especially over lifetimes. So with all this energy going into repressing it (which often manifests as strong prejudices towards that quality in others) that dualistic judgment grows and grows...and the more it grows, the more energy it takes for us to maintain our denial of it...... Well, we build ourselves based in these dualistic judgments until our soul comes to a point of culmination....until we have reached the end point of our egoic expression, and turn upon the road, (or wheel, esoterically speaking)..... Then, as you know, having been there, our path changes, and our evolution becomes one of facing those dualistic judgments that have heretofore defined us....our Path becoming one of Unraveling all those dualistic interpretations that our ego's have placed upon Reality, making us unable to perceive anything as it really is, but rather as we think and feel it is based upon past judgments.. So the task....or KARMA, is all about facing our judgments....and the one's built upon fear, that have become our personal demons, locked away behind our denial of them....must be set free. This is done by Loving them.....facing them,, and loving them. We can remember "good" time, but not till we get past the huge demons we've created..... the good times are quiet and subtle.... the ones based in Fear are huge, not quiet...and not at all subtle.
Old 13-06-2011, 03:03 PM
Medium_Laura

Awesome way to put it and yes I can see that definitely. It is our "perception" that creates our "good" or "bad" within our minds. Where as going through trials that others may think of as horrific, we see as stepping stones to a better future.

So do you have a tip on dispelling a fear of water? Even pools creep me out and I can see the bottom. I've tried everything, even facing the fear (going in the shallow, taking swimming lessons, etc.) but still I really would rather not walk into water. Sad isn't it? lol

(you can PM me as not to hijack the thread ! LOL)
Old 02-04-2012, 06:53 AM
Pathfinder
I Honestly wish I could remember who I was after I reincarnate. That has been one of my biggest disappointments, not knowing if I will remember myself. I just wish there was some way to remember.
Old 03-04-2012, 03:11 AM
xebiche

Yes,

You can get an enormous amount of information by watching "I survived beyond and back" on Bio or A and E channel.
Old 03-04-2012, 03:40 AM
sesheta

To MediumLaura

So do you have a tip on dispelling a fear of water? Even pools creep me out and I can see the bottom. I've tried everything, even facing the fear (going in the shallow, taking swimming lessons, etc.) but still I really would rather not walk into water. Sad isn't it? lol

I'm the same way! I've had a fear of water for literally as long as I can remember, although I have no memory at all from my current lifetime of any negative or harmful experiences with water....I assume it's a past life thing. It doesn't bother me, really....everyone who knows me is well aware that I don't like water, so they have to accept it :)
Old 06-04-2012, 04:51 PM
Dreamweaver12

Are conciousness and Memory Retained after death?

Yes !!! As a psychic/medium way before that definition ever exisited I was able to experience the lives and after lives of many others. They are indeed conscious of what goes on and retain memories of thier physical life, just remember that all memories are subjective to the view of the person holding them. We all remember things differently. Their memories are more about the feeling or emotion invoked than the actual physical details if that makes any sense. Namaste
Old 06-04-2012, 08:45 PM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahid772
Are consciousness and memory retained after death?

spirit/soul/conscienseness/awareness does retain memory......there is no death, just a transition to a higher vibration....... Laura hits the nail on the head when she described why we don't remember the particulars of past lives, altho occasionally we can get a glimpse of them....... the essence of who you are ---a spiritual being of light -- is eternal....
Old 13-04-2012, 11:10 PM
sumrwind

amazing question !!! awesome conversations too.
I wonder...........
Old 14-04-2012, 05:05 PM
Master

Jesus once gave a clear description of conditions in the after life.

http://www.esvbible.org/search/luke+16%3A19-31/

It clearly shows that both consciousness and memory are retained.

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=20683