Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 29-11-2011, 11:58 AM
Yassi

Heaven&Hell

From what I've read so far on the forum I've come to conclusion that the vast majority of the people believe in reincarnation.
I'm just wondering what happened in your life that you stopped believing in rewards and punishments system in heaven and hell?
Old 29-11-2011, 01:29 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yassi
From what I've read so far on the forum I've come to conclusion that the vast majority of the people believe in reincarnation.
I'm just wondering what happened in your life that you stopped believing in rewards and punishments system in heaven and hell?

I'm certainly one who believes that reincarnation is an option for all....

As for the, quote: ".... believing in rewards and punishments system in heaven and hell?" well I was never hobbled by any such beliefs so I'm unable to answer your question. But may I ask one in return that may open up communication?

Might there be something in your life that leaves you believing in a rewards and punishments system in a heaven and a hell?
Old 29-11-2011, 03:39 PM
Master

Quote:

Karma and reincarnation are interlinked. Our actions have consequences, for good or ill. The present makes the future.

A man cannot sow thistles and harvest roses - and nor can he sow roses and harvest thistles! The consequences of his actions will find him sooner or later. That is Divine Justice, which is perfect justice.

To be cast into a 'hell' for all eternity for some misdeed, no matter what it might have been, or simply because you did not follow a particular religion!
That is not the work of a loving God.
There are lower realms in the spirit world, for everything must find its mark, but there is no 'eternal damnation'. That was the creation of a corrupt priesthood in order to terrify the masses, and anyone who opposed them, into submission.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 29-11-2011, 03:55 PM
glenos

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
Karma and reincarnation are interlinked. Our actions have consequences, for good or ill. The present makes the future.

A man cannot sow thistles and harvest roses - and nor can he sow roses and harvest thistles! The consequences of his actions will find him sooner or later. That is Divine Justice, which is perfect justice.

To be cast into a 'hell' for all eternity for some misdeed, no matter what it might have been, or simply because you did not follow a particular religion!
That is not the work of a loving God.
There are lower realms in the spirit world, for everything must find its mark, but there is no 'eternal damnation'. That was the creation of a corrupt priesthood in order to terrify the masses, and anyone who opposed them, into submission.

Oh yes. Great post KoA.

G
Old 29-11-2011, 04:11 PM
Quote:

For me, once I experienced (many times) the Supernatural Divine Love
of my Father (Creator, Source Energy, Divine Mother - whatever people feel comfortable calling"It"..)
I knew there is no room in "Him" for that....hell.
A Being that is only Pure Love has no room for punishment.

Now the way the world is set up what goes up does come down - the Law of Cause and Effect, Karma, Sowing and Reaping....an impersonal check and balances.

Does the Supreme One punish? No.
Do we create our own Heaven or hellish place?
Yes.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 29-11-2011, 08:54 PM
Trieah

Being raised a First Southern Baptist, I did actually believe in a Heaven and Hell. But it wasn't until after I became acquainted with Krishnamurti's ideas of unconditional love, that I began to see things differently. Yes, I do understand the concept of "tough love" that sometimes parents need to implement in order to get their child to be more responsible. But to eternally damn your child to a life of punishment does not reflect well on the parent. Where is the love in forever turning your back on your own child?

I used to get into all kinds of circular arguments with God over this very notion. And it always felt like we would just wind up agreeing to disagree. But I think in actuality, I was just arguing with myself. It just didn't make any sense to put conditions on something that was supposed to be unconditional.

Then one day, a new thought occurred to me. Perhaps in all those times when I was arguing with God about how he can't put conditions on unconditional love, he was actually helping to give strength to my belief in unconditional love, instead of trying to tear me down with it. And once I began to look at the problem in that light, I heard a voice say, "You're right. I can't put conditions on love. That's why I don't."

Now, the problem is, as much as God doesn't restrict us with conditions, people still believe that he does. And from time to time, I still have my concerns that I may be wrong. But, I have decided, that even if I am wrong and I wind up being tossed in Hell for some reason or another, I believe enough in unconditional love, that I can forgive God even if he allows that to happen. I simply love him that much

And to be honest, I actually do spend a lot of time in the lower vibrational levels. But I do it of my own free will, as my mission and my passion is to free those down there from their self inflicted personal Hell. For I love all of them, every bit as much as I love God. Even the not so nice ones But that's another story all together
Old 29-11-2011, 09:47 PM
Occultist

I grew up and learned that if there is a all knowing diety who gave us free will yet knew everything about us yet would punish us if we didnt do what he wanted existed and would send people to a hell. The the Diety needs to grow up and get over it. Fear based religions are so not on my list.
Old 29-11-2011, 09:53 PM
Master

When I realised that according to the religion I was born into, the major deity's son had already taken on all our sins in advance 2000 years ago. I can do whatever I want, bail has already been paid in full. Meh. And the only hell I can see is right here among us. Ok, stepping out again.
Old 30-11-2011, 04:50 AM
Occultist

when he took your sins yet said
Revelation 3:5 He that overcomes, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.
yet he knows what you will do before you do it and knows your soul he will still choose who he wants to blot out and keep. makes all warm and fuzzy huh?.
Old 30-11-2011, 05:28 AM
mattie

Gut Feeling Was That Certain Beliefs Were Bogus

I began rejecting the fire & brimstone version of my parents’ Southern Baptist religion at a fairly young age. My gut feeling told me it was off even though my whole family believed these things & being in the US Bible Belt I wasn’t exposed to other beliefs except as they faintly filtered through. The overemphasis of the fear aspect of towing the line to avoid hell in sermons was VERY counterproductive for me. The older I got & the more I looked at it, the less sense it made. I later realized that the duality of heaven-hell is a construct of organized religion & not how it would be seen in all dimensions as this polarity view is unique to 3D. Like many I first moved into God being based in love, not retribution & fear, then looked at how I viewed God.

When I heard about karma & reincarnation this made much more sense than being put in heaven or hell. I was relieved that after our fairly brief excursion here that we weren’t just parked somewhere for eternity, even if it was heaven.

It’s nice to see you can access this site being in the USSR.