Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 10-12-2014, 12:32 AM
Octy

2nd or 3rd Chakra from the bottom

I'm new to chakras and meditation. My aim is to open my heart when meditating, yet regardless of the deep breaths and feeling of letting go (relaxing into meditation) I still have a tight feeling at the pit of my stomach.

I was wondering if this means there is a blockage there and I need to work on a chakra? When looking at the chakra's, its hard for me to tell if its the region associated with the spleen or stomach?

I have always been told I have a sluggish liver (not sure if this added info will help).

I'm just trying to overcome this tight wound up feeling, which makes me wonder if I'm doing something that perhaps I shouldn't? Like meditate? Which seems odd given I'm hoping meditation will help. You know when you get a gut feeling? Its that feeling that is constant.

I'm at a loss as to whether it is physical/mental/emotional or spiritual? And the process needed to correct this feeling. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
Old 14-12-2014, 07:33 AM
Ascender
People with unstable kundalini energy that was triggered by too much meditation or chakra work often say they had a feeling they should stop or slow down but they ignored the warnings their guides were trying to give them. If its a gut feeling that meditation is wrong for you right now then trust your intuition. Sometimes the energy field is precariously balanced and something like that can tip it over the edge.
Old 14-12-2014, 09:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by octopusonpaper
I'm new to chakras and meditation. My aim is to open my heart when meditating, yet regardless of the deep breaths and feeling of letting go (relaxing into meditation) I still have a tight feeling at the pit of my stomach.

Ok.

Quote:
I was wondering if this means there is a blockage there and I need to work on a chra? When looking at the chakra's, its hard for me to tell if its the region associated with the spleen or stomach?

Give no importance to it.

Quote:
I have always been told I have a sluggish liver (not sure if this added info will help).

I'm just trying to overcome this tight wound up feeling, which makes me wonder if I'm doing something that perhaps I shouldn't? Like meditate? Which seems odd given I'm hoping meditation will help. You know when you get a gut feeling? Its that feeling that is constant.

Sometimes when awareness of a sensation leads us toward the psyche situation that manifests it, there becomes an urge to avoid it.

Quote:
I'm at a loss as to whether it is physical/mental/emotional or spiritual? And the process needed to correct this feeling. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

It will change as it is wont to do, so let it be and remain unconcerned with it.
Old 14-12-2014, 10:06 AM
Deactivated Account

I have issues with my solar plexus, and sometimes I have this wave of sickness come over me. Really strong and it hurts on an emotional level.. I have to focus on that chakra and allow it release. Sounds like something similar might be happening in your case. Physical symptoms are a result of mental states. So you might need to do some releasing there and focus on that general area and see what happens.
Old 16-12-2014, 07:11 AM
Octy

Thank you for all the replies, I will try and slow down? Focus on the breathe and leave the rest to unfold as it is meant to - perhaps?

Thanks, and happy days :)
Old 20-12-2014, 04:36 AM
Pathfinder
I've learned that the liver is associated with the Solar Plexus charkra, which is the 2nd from the bottom above your root chakra. I can certainly vouch for dryad's comment, she's very knowledgeable and helpful! However, I should add that I think your Solar Plexus chakra is a little over balanced. I'd recommend doing an internet search on that and see what you find. If any of it resonates with you, I'd say you found something worth investigating further. Good luck!
Old 20-12-2014, 09:17 AM
Deactivated Account

^ solar plexus is third chakra, not second.
Old 20-12-2014, 11:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by octopusonpaper
I'm just trying to overcome this tight wound up feeling, which makes me wonder if I'm doing something that perhaps I shouldn't?
I would say the issue is that you're trying to overcome it! Or, looking at it another way, the issue is that you're making it an issue

It's not a criticism, it's just human nature really. But it's good to remember that Einstein quote - 'the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result.' The thing is, that tight wound-up feeling is resistance; the desire to remove it is also resistance. So, from that we can see that fighting fire with fire doesn't work (you just end up with a bigger fire). If you really want to resolve this feeling, you've got to make friends with it, not go to war with it.

As with so many of these issues, it's all about embracing the present moment - and that is never more important, imo, than when the present moment includes uncomfortable feelings and sensations. I wouldn't have thought the issue was meditation, tbh (although I could be wrong), the issue is more your attitude during meditation; I find my meditation time is most effective when I'm simply allowing everything to be as it is.
Old 20-12-2014, 04:05 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarlettHayden
^ solar plexus is third chakra, not second.

Ugh, thanks for the correction I know that too, I should really read over my posts before I submit lol
Old 21-12-2014, 10:55 AM
Master
Third chakra causes 'problems' for many ppl. It's where you interact with the environment. If you have issues with self-esteem, self-respect etc. it can be found there as well. You will have to identify what problem is at the root of this (and meditation is not necessarily the way to do that, you can meditate all you want, if you don't resolve your issues, it's not really getting you anywhere.) and work on that, in combination with chakra work. But then don't just focus on the third chakra, also work on the 1st and 2nd. Connect the 3rd chakra to your grounding, and yes, work on grounding AND shielding your aura, so you have/get healthy boundaries.
Do you have boundaries, do you know where / what they are? Also to do with 3rd chakra.

Liver is connected to the 3rd chakra as well and liver has to do with digesting emotions, anger, resentment etc. etc. Do you also digest these feelings slowly or not at all? Hang on or keep being influenced by hurt, pain, anger etc?
You can also connect the liver to your grounding, visualize cleansing it. Drink lots of water.

And have a look at your first chakra. Really try to get the energy channel from 1st to 3rd chakra open so they're connected. Sometimes the 3rd gets stuck cos it can't 'flush' its load due to blockages or - not functioning - of the lower chakras.
Wouldn't surprise me if your 1st chakra is completely out of balance, or not working at all. Working on that might get your 3rd going again ...