Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 07-10-2013, 06:47 PM
somnium

you are getting quite perturbed. You must have agreed that others have the power to upset you. lol. But seriously, I used to believe the same thing, that I will only die if I allow someone or something to kill me. it took some time to learn and to realize that the world is full of different people, all with different agendas. Different wills. It is just a fact of life. Sure there are other dimensions to travel to and from, but life exists in them too. I am not the only one in existence. I would like to think I am, so that my will may be supreme but the fact is still that next to infinity I am but a small flame. Sure I can accomplish a lot, and miracles with my flame, but I am still a small flame among an infinity of lights. Death is inevitable, for surely no matter what thoughts I have eventually I will die, and my essence will be collected and added to the great source. I grow old, and this is proof to me. So do you, can you decide to grow younger? Surely you can and with practice you can change your body, but you will still die. I am sorry for you dieing, but it is something that must take place. In truth I think it is a joyous occasion, that we reunite with all of life, but it is something that must be done. All things have their life and their death. You sound like someone who has a strong mind and strong will, so I suggest putting it too good use. Believe me some people are to blame for their actions in this life, and that is called taking responsibility for your actions. You speak highly of taking responsibility for your actions but you dismiss everyone else as if they don't exist. They do.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:04 PM
Ecthalion

I just don't get it. It seems that we chose our life before we are born but then we can change it and we can create whatever we wish but others can over-ride us. In other words we have no control.

The title of the thread is "You can't blame others." If someone else, using their will over-rules my will and does something I don't want them too (robbery, rape, murder) then I can blame them. I never wanted it.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:39 PM
Animus27

I think the idea of creating life circumstances with one's thoughts is a manifestation itself... A manifestation of the ego-centric spirituality that has become en vogue. In the search for self-empowerment, external events and people turn into a way to validate that one is in total control of their life, whether consciously or not - regardless of it's inconsistencies and problems as a theory. I think that it's good to take responsibility for your actions. It's essential. But there's a chasm of difference between owning up, and taking needless blame for events and people you can't control; or at least can't control besides some sort of magical thought power. One thing that it can easily engender as a worldview is that there are no victims. While it is true the victim card can be played far too often, there are real victims who don't need "well, just remember, you planned this all out/you've brought this on yourself". It's all a side-effect of the ravenous quest to make the individual the most important.
Old 07-10-2013, 11:47 PM
Experiencer

Ok, I agree to disagree. You can all play the blame game for aslong as you like and I will be self responsible for my experiences. Goodbye.
Old 08-10-2013, 06:41 AM
Ecthalion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo
Ok, I agree to disagree. You can all play the blame game for aslong as you like and I will be self responsible for my experiences. Goodbye.
Goodbye Stevo. Thank you for an interesting discussion.