Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Channeling

Old 11-12-2013, 09:29 AM
m00nchild94

I agree with you, Norligh. Having been exposed to the suicide of a close family friend at the age of 12 (I'm 19 now) it is something that always cuts me up inside, well it always has! Maybe we've dealt with this kind of thing in past lives? I'd love to read your book someday, I hope you'll keep us updated. Love and light to you; you are a sweet soul. :)
Old 11-12-2013, 09:30 AM
m00nchild94

Also; in regards to Channelling Erik.. There is a tumblr called "talking to dead guys" if anyone is interested in checking it out. Two women run it, one claims to be the twin soul of Erik and another the twin soul of Kurt Cobain. I only say claims as I can't be certain, for obvious reasons. They do post some good things however, not just about their apparent twin souls..
Old 20-12-2013, 05:00 PM
Pathfinder
I also read the channeling erik blog daily I enjoy it !
Old 21-12-2013, 11:44 AM
Seeker
I found this website because of Channeling Erik! I was searching discussions about the blog as I was curious to get other's thoughts.

I've read many of the blog entries and I don't really find any of them contradictory to one another, because every medium she goes to have all given much of the same information but in different ways. Like trixiewilbury said, interpretation is huge. Some mediums communicate with spirits only through signs, while other's communicate through language, etc., and because of this some of the information is different. Not contradictory perse, but different.

I think the biggest evidence for this blog being legitimate is not necessarily the medium's channeling Erik, but many of the members of the "Erik family" have personal experiences with seeing, feeling, and speaking to Erik. She has also been to four mediums that have all given the same information.

She has mentioned that she does pay for sessions and the reason she stopped "Ask Erik" is because of the time and money it costs to ask other's questions during a session.

I guess you can only take what has meaning to you and interpret as you will.
Old 15-01-2014, 01:50 AM
Experiencer
I have watched all of the video's including the one that is not public where Erik brings Jesus and some guy name Crisp. Jamie actually started crying in this session. I think the videos are incredible.

If anyone is interested in seeing the Jesus channeling, I can certainly point you to it.
Old 06-12-2014, 05:01 AM
Alan_Wake

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitalspark
She has mentioned that she does pay for sessions and the reason she stopped "Ask Erik" is because of the time and money it costs to ask other's questions during a session.

=( I started reading her blog last night and realized that I could relate with Eric. I experience some of the things he mentions in their transcript. I was hoping I could have asked Eric a question. =( Dang! I guess I might be too late.

Do you know of anyway to get in direct contact with Elisa, possibly an email address?
Old 06-12-2014, 01:39 PM
Everly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaniel
'Erik' is giving the same information as other, more conventional spiritual teachers like Seth and Abraham, albeit on a much more 'human' level.

My test for real channeling, as opposed to mediumship, for example, is whether the information is new. A great deal of the information from Seth was new. Seth and Jane Roberts broke new ground, especially regarding science and spirituality.

I have never found anything new or original from Esther Hicks's Abraham. Abraham is mostly recycled New Thought with some Seth thrown in. (I've studied New Thought for over 20 years and it forms the core of my belief system, along with Tibetan Buddhism, Hindu, Christianity, all the great religions and traditions.) I'll take some heat for this, but I think there's been a bit too much smoke around Esther and the late Jerry Hicks for there not to be a fire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaniel
This leads me to believe that if an entity is being channeled, and this entity was once her son, then the entity is donning the 'robes' of it's former self (Erik) in order to provide a sense of comfort to the mother during the communication whilst still getting the same basic spiritual message across.

I've long suspected that the medium has taken communications from Erik to his grieving mother, to a level of fake channeling. Moreover, any medium who prolongs the grieving process like this is doing harm, not good. This mother seems unable to really move on, staying stuck in Erik. I've seen this happen in my own family (getting stuck in mourning) and it's not healthy or helpful. I know a lot of good mediums and not one would continue sessions this frequently for this long.

Ethical mediumship can provide great comfort to those who are grieving, but feeding that grief, instead of helping it heal, is a gross breach of personal and professional ethics. I had a client whose husband committed suicide and she would have come every week for mediumship, but I refused. I saw her once a month for 3 sessions, then once 6 months after that, and then a year after that.

Since Erik's mother says she pays a lot for these sessions... Well, 'nuff said.

All that said, I do think it's possible for those on "the other side" to connect with a variety of people still here. Michael is one example. "He" started with one person, then another, then several more. Hilarion has come through at least two legitimate sources. Quan Yin, Metatron and others also come through different people. Point is, it's interesting that more than one person claims to connect with Erik. The test, for me, is whether the information is different through each channel/medium. And by "different", I mean both entirely new information, as well as simply presenting similar information in new ways.
Old 06-12-2014, 03:00 PM
Master

I am now on the fence about the grieving process. Most mediums on here all say they don't do readings for the newly grieving and I understand and admire that - no one wants to be thought of as taking advantage of a person who just lost someone they loved. I really believed that the grieving process should be focused on grieving.

On the other hand (and there always is another hand, isn't there?) after six months to a year, I thought that would be an appropriate amount of time, and contact with a medium might be appropriate.

Then life hits you in the face, and perspectives change. I almost lost my daughter a few years back to an illness, and being that close changed my perspective on it. The only problem with that was, she is the only medium I personally know, and I never took her up on visiting with my dead relatives (still haven't). Something creeps me out about that. But would I want to visit with her? Absolutely. Would I know if it was her or not? I guess that would depend on the medium. So now my take on it is, it is an individual, inside job.

As far as Channeling Erik, I went on the site a few years back, and it brought up to me too much sadness (from my own perspective as a mother) and I couldn't go there. There is much in life I don't want to reasonate with, and this was one.

I hope she has found healing. I probably would do the same thing if I was in her shoes, and I don't want to judge. I think a lot of what mediums offer is personal, and if that person reasonates with it, then it's right for them, but someone else "reading" a reading might interpret it differently, as language is involved, and there is always interpretation going on.

I am in constant contact with The Other Side in different formats, and if a loved one passed on, I would so be right there, asking questions. And I didn't have that perspective when I came across channeling Erik.

More power to her, if it is helping her and others. And nothing is for everyone, since we are all different.

P.S. I love Abraham! And being able to channel both Seth and Abraham, they definately feel very different in their energies, but the vibration is the same, if that makes sense. I have learned much from both of them, and while Jane was more interested in how everything works and why, Esther is more focused on only a few aspects of what Seth said, and not the whole enchilada, so those aspects have been explored much more widely.

And if you haven't discovered Orin, he is also a favorite. He is channeled by Sanaya Roman, and his teachings are very different than both Seth and Abraham, and they reasonate with such loving energy......

Seth (or maybe it was Abraham) once said that the information they are trying to get across is the same information, but is reasonated differently across platforms. So, if you have 10 channelers, and they are getting the same information, but they are disseminating it differently 10 different ways, there are those that someone will vibrate with and those that they won't, because we are all on our own vibrational frequencies, but the intent of the message is always the same. I find it curious that I never liked listening to Bashar. I would try for a bit, then change the channel :) Five years later, and now I can listen for about 15 minutes before I get too annoyed. I don't know what that is all about, but I suspect it is what the vibrational thing is all about. After being able to listen to Bashar for the 15 minutes, the message is the same as well, just put differently.