Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 28-02-2011, 01:58 AM
Confuzzled

Was I Scottish in my past life?

I dunno how to put this...

Im English, but I have this strange passion for Scots, Ive never been up there I don't know any Scottish people, it's been a growing thing, I just know that if I went up there Id feel at home and i just can't shake the feeling, I hear their accent and it makes me feel all fuzzy in a way, i know some people adore a certain accent but it isn't like that, as far as i know i have no connections up there so i have no other reasons to feel this way i feel i miss it even thogh i have never been

this isn't some hormonal fantasy i'm 34, i have only felt this way for the past 2/3 years, but it's growing on me.

And i really can't explain it...
Old 28-02-2011, 02:02 AM
Pixies

I dunno if anyone will be able to know.

I believe I was Irish in a past life. But I'm South Asian in this incarnation...
Old 28-02-2011, 02:08 AM
Summerland

And I find Mandarin language and music very calming. However I was a Chinese monk in a past life (but I don't like the sound of the Chinese spoken everyday, which is different than Manderan). I have been Irish in a past life and love the accent and Celtic music,blending into Scottish/Celtic music.
So confuzzled, do some research on Scottish history and see if anything resonates within you. Look at some Scottish landscapes to see if anything jumps out at you. have you ever done a genealogy to see if there is any Scottish heritage?
Old 28-02-2011, 02:21 AM
Confuzzled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerland
And I find Mandarin language and music very calming. However I was a Chinese monk in a past life (but I don't like the sound of the Chinese spoken everyday, which is different than Manderan). I have been Irish in a past life and love the accent and Celtic music,blending into Scottish/Celtic music.
So confuzzled, do some research on Scottish history and see if anything resonates within you. Look at some Scottish landscapes to see if anything jumps out at you. have you ever done a genealogy to see if there is any Scottish heritage?

I have tried to do a family tree I got back as far as 1745 then never got chance to finish it, I have connections form Germany, Spain and Ireland. I never noticed anything Scottish though, I may have a holiday up there soon, because this is really starting to bug me.
Old 28-02-2011, 02:26 AM
Summerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confuzzled
I have tried to do a family tree I got back as far as 1745 then never got chance to finish it, I have connections form Germany, Spain and Ireland. I never noticed anything Scottish though, I may have a holiday up there soon, because this is really starting to bug me.

If it is becoming that urgent of a feeling please try to find a general area that you relate to. There are many beautiful websites with photos. Perhaps you can check with Norseman. He is from Scotland. Unless you can afford a big traveling trip about Scotland, you need a starting point. East, west, south or northern areas. Inland or by the sea?
Old 28-02-2011, 02:52 AM
Confuzzled

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerland
If it is becoming that urgent of a feeling please try to find a general area that you relate to. There are many beautiful websites with photos. Perhaps you can check with Norseman. He is from Scotland. Unless you can afford a big traveling trip about Scotland, you need a starting point. East, west, south or northern areas. Inland or by the sea?

Well no I can live with it, just the fact it's random bothers me, I will look around the internet tomorrow morning because I am off to bed now.

Thanks for all the help though :)
Old 28-02-2011, 03:13 AM
Summerland

Just a quick one and you don't need to reply; Nothing is random.
Old 28-02-2011, 03:19 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confuzzled
I dunno how to put this...

Im English, but I have this strange passion for Scots, Ive never been up there I don't know any Scottish people, it's been a growing thing, I just know that if I went up there Id feel at home and i just can't shake the feeling, I hear their accent and it makes me feel all fuzzy in a way, i know some people adore a certain accent but it isn't like that, as far as i know i have no connections up there so i have no other reasons to feel this way i feel i miss it even thogh i have never been

this isn't some hormonal fantasy i'm 34, i have only felt this way for the past 2/3 years, but it's growing on me.

And i really can't explain it...

It's quite possible you have a Scottish link, maybe were even a Scot at some point in the past, but that's not certain and you'll probably never know for sure on this side of the divide.

Why worry about it - enjoy but try not to become obsessed!
Old 28-02-2011, 06:14 PM
Enya

I once travelled to Ireland because of a similar deep impulse/need. Still have no idea whether I had an Irish life or not, but there is a certain connection there. I think I had a life in Dunkeld area because I always used to feel a great love and connection when I drove near there. I believe I was Anasasi in a past life because of connections to the pueblos in New Mexico.

Go with it... it doesn't have to be logical.
I agree with Summerland... take a look at a map and see if any area draws you.
Old 28-02-2011, 06:17 PM
mac

I once was deeply drawn to Stockport.....but thankfully I'm not given to following such urges!