Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Judaism

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22-11-2017, 01:33 PM
Master
Being told I'm jewish, is there some basis in tradition /litterature?

Hi,

This is a question long under ways, and it is merely our of curioustity.

Through my childhood and young adult life, it happened many times that I was treated as kin, by aquaintances, strangers and parents of friends for example. People of jewish decent and faith. (Please, what is the term to use, I heard somewhere that Jew was derogatory, but it is still on wikipedia with no mention of it. Please, enlighten me, if you can.)

That is one thing, I have a biblical name (Rakel) and I'm very dark for ascandinavian.

But today I was reminded of a man who told me that I was actually jewish; I explained where my mother was from and father and their parents in turn. I would have loved to be jewish, for sure! The welcoming I got was very warm and caring and a little mysterious, also. Anyway, this man insisted, I don't remember his argument. I just was.

And later it happened another time, with a very old jewish man who said sth like you cannot always count your parents as your parents... He too stated that I was jewish.

I never followed through with examining it because, I felt like a fraud, I didn't want to trespass.

Years ago I saw a film with Jeff Goldblum where something similar happened to him, can't remember anything but the fact that I was somehow relieved I was not the only one this had happened to.

So, my question is; is this 'a thing' in judaism? Is there some basis in tradition or literature for jewish people being born in non-jewish families, needing to 'find home', or something like that?

The man who first talked to me about it, I heard of him today for the first time in 20 years, and my sister reminded me that he had talked even to her about it back then; telling her to ask me to take it seriously. I didn't know that back then, she felt intimidated by the idea that I would not be family, and never conveyed it to me.

And I simply realized today, hat I have always wondered if there could be any truth to it somehow. If there was/is some 'magic' that I've closed the door on.

Very, very curious to hear if anyone has any insights to it!

Thank you! / Mi

And we turn our attention to the world, not away. We receive our learning from the songs it sings and the choir of One we're all in.

And while we walk gently, we generate love, healing, the most powerful energy of all, Life!

Soaking in life, we spread the light <3