Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 13-04-2011, 03:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sphinx
I have read many books in the past, and have heard it said that when some people die, they are afraid to go to the light. These souls are said to sometimes attach themselves to a living person's aura and live parts of their lives through influencing the energy field of the living person; Thus, the living person will begin to pick up habits, speech patterns and even fears of the deceased person who is attached to their aura.

If this be so, could it be that thoughts and memories of reincarnation are none other than the memories of these deceases souls coming through our minds?

What do you think about this theory.....
Fascinating topic.
My straight laced executive friend that had a child spirit attach itself to her in Wash DC in an apt (after spinning quarters on her wood floors at 4 am!), etc ---then stayed with her on her move to Calif ----did not give her memories from her past lives.
Personally, I think entering the human's mind or thoughts is a specialization reserved for special entities.
Those that attach to people are 'low lives' - elementary beings - limited in their cleverness.

Funny how when my friend finally found someone that knew "what was wrong" with her and, thus, exorcised this spirit (as a secret side line)----people at her International Company would walk past her in the hallway, even, and say how great she looked and -boy I guess you had a great weekend ----meaning this little spirit really effected her "aura".

Your theory is valid -but I don't think happens -- but what do I know.
I just sound like I do.
Great topic.

Miss Hepburn

** eyeswideopen Welcome, and fascinating about your children.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 23-04-2011, 08:30 PM
Boldylocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeswideopen
I never thought of past lives before until my youngest child who was four at the time stared speaking of his other family. My older children complained that he was lying all the time. I started to listen. He told me - I love u mommy but I love my other mom too. She has different hair and skin color and she's pretty just like you. He would beg me to take him to his other home and described a different place. He would get upset that I didn't take him. He spoke of a father who farmed fished and hunted. He told me he mourned the death of his father. He told me I'm older boy mommie. And I was sad when I got hurt and left mommie behind. He told me he was back again. These memories continue till around age six and faded. I always listened and thanked him for chosing me as his mommie when he came back. I believe him. I wish I could of found his last home but I have a feeling it was a place before my time. Till dis day 6 yrs later he tells me. I looked down and picked u as my mom out of so many. I believe he died around the age of seven. In an out door accident. It must of been brutal cause he doesn't like traumatic deaths. My son is hereto live the life he didn't get to live. Strange enough I feel dat my daughter oldest is also becuase she doesn't feel like my daughter but my sister. Feels like she used me to come back.

What a beautiful testimony! All I can say is-- "out of the mouth of Babes...!"

your son is confirmation to me that reincarnation is real. Heck, even Christians have to wake up to this fact as well- because after all- even Jesus Christ incarnated into a human body. So if He did, then the Creator reserves the right to permit that option for us where needed for our highest spiritual good.
Old 20-05-2011, 02:28 AM
essencespiritual

Question to Radhanath Swami: Due to my sinful activities in this life, if I am reborn as a unicellular organism, will my activities as a human being in this birth be considered in my next birth?

Radhanath Swami: Krishna says in the Bhagavad Gita, “In this endeavor (of spirituality) there is no loss or diminution, and a little advancement on this path can protect one from the most dangerous type of fear.” (Bhagavad-Gita 2.40)

Those who follow this path of dharma, whatever their past may have been, they are freed from the greatest dangers. The Vedas are filled with recommendations to perform prayascitta, pious activities, by which one can atone for the sinful activities of the past. When Maharaja Pariksit, a king who lived five thousand years ago, heard about the various hellish conditions in which people suffer, and the various ways of atonement for these sins, he said that even if one atones for the sins, he is bound to sin again as long as the inclinations to engage in these sinful activities exist. But when we engage in the nine processes of devotional service to the Lord, not only do we cleanse all our sins of the past, but we purify ourselves of even the inclination for sinful activities. And we awaken a desire to show compassion and love to other living beings in our hearts.

Krishna says in Bhagavad Gita, “Abandon all varieties of religion and just surrender unto Me. I shall deliver you from all sinful reactions. Do not fear.” (Bhagavad-Gita 18.66) If one chants the name of the Lord even once, it is guaranteed that he/she will not be a unicellular organism in the next life. But why should we even take a next life? If we just follow the teachings of the Bhagavad Gita, we can be freed from birth and death forever and can go back home, back to godhead. And if we don’t perfect our life in that way, whatever spiritual progress we make is never lost. We will begin from the point where we left off in this life.
Old 20-05-2011, 09:00 AM
Enlightener

I think it is quite strange, this idea that you come back as a lower life form in future incarnations based on your life actions and "karma".

It is the most basic nature of the universe to spiral ever upwards. And so too with evolution, you would not take on a lower life form than you already are, or have been, simply as punishment for your actions.

Ever upwards, that is the motto :) You would continue, and do continue, to seek higher and higher forms for the purpose of evolution. Whether that be your life circumstances or some other variant in the evolutionary process.

It would be very enduring spiritually to turn towards a single-celled organism once you have embodied a human form. There is no need for it. It would just be pointless masturbation in regards to the Godhead. Evolution is a process of moving upwards; higher than before.

I think what Krishna was getting at in that dialogue, at least what sits right for me, is that the further we evolve, the more chance we have of moving on to higher things/realms/whatever. But I totally agree with the last two sentences there, Essencespiritual.

E
Old 20-05-2011, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enlightener
It is the most basic nature of the universe to spiral ever upwards.
Yes, otherwise it would be like fitting an elephant into a breadbox, imo.
How do you ''let go'' of your humaness?

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 20-05-2011, 11:50 AM
Enlightener

Let go?

No, I never let go of my humanness, I embrace it more and more, ever turning inwards into my deeper self, then turning outwards to the world of form and sending out my love and vibrations to the people of my life :)
Old 20-05-2011, 12:04 PM
Mind's Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enlightener
I think it is quite strange, this idea that you come back as a lower life form in future incarnations based on your life actions and "karma".

It is the most basic nature of the universe to spiral ever upwards. And so too with evolution, you would not take on a lower life form than you already are, or have been, simply as punishment for your actions.

Ever upwards, that is the motto :) You would continue, and do continue, to seek higher and higher forms for the purpose of evolution. Whether that be your life circumstances or some other variant in the evolutionary process.

It would be very enduring spiritually to turn towards a single-celled organism once you have embodied a human form. There is no need for it. It would just be pointless masturbation in regards to the Godhead. Evolution is a process of moving upwards; higher than before.

I think what Krishna was getting at in that dialogue, at least what sits right for me, is that the further we evolve, the more chance we have of moving on to higher things/realms/whatever. But I totally agree with the last two sentences there, Essencespiritual.

E

I agree that the idea that a human may come back as a bug seems highly unlikely...

I have been on the fence about reincarnation for most of my spiritual life. I neither believe in it or disbelieve in it.

No one can truly say what happens after we pass from this world. Maybe some come back and others do not. Maybe the afterlife reflects what we believe it will be.

I have my own theories and experiences just as everyone else does... But I always say, we'll know the truth when we pass one day to the other side.
Old 21-05-2011, 12:09 AM
Felynx

I dont think that there IS such thing as lower and higher life forms. You are what you are, and different things are to be learned in different lives. That doesnt necessarily mean ascention.