Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 11-10-2010, 10:42 PM
Experiencer
There are no accidents........

Now I could be wrong but my belief is there are no accidents, when it is our time to pass to the other side it will happen, no matter what our age.
I would be interested in reading your views on this.
Old 11-10-2010, 10:55 PM
Guide
I agree with you completely, Tricia.

I got into my first car accident with someone who is a really important part of my life, the car was completely totaled, took down a telephone pole, neither of us were wearing seat belts. We both walked away unscathed and it brought us closer.

Some call it karmic debt being paid off, some call it fate, but above all I know it was not an accident.

Old 12-10-2010, 12:41 AM
pebble

I believe that we will not die till the appointed time..even when somebody commits suicide it was their time.
I do believe there are accidents that happen because we are careless, however, I believe that God/angels?? step in and protect us.
We are serving a life sentence here and we don't get out till time is served. lol

I also have walked away from 2 wrecks where my car was totaled. I watched from above as my body went into slow motion and was tossed forward, backward and sideways like a limp rag doll. I walked away without a scratch.
Old 12-10-2010, 01:16 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricia
Now I could be wrong but my belief is there are no accidents, when it is our time to pass to the other side it will happen, no matter what our age.
I would be interested in reading your views on this.

How do you define 'accident'? All events are the result of cause and effect - you can't have the latter without the former.

I don't accept that we are protected against the actions or omissions of others - that would directly contradict the principle of individual freewill - the doer and the one to whom it's done. Discarnates are not simply waiting to ameliorate the impact of physical actions upon us.

BUT we are not able to extend our time by a single second beyond the time when cause and effect end it.

We can, of course, shorten its expected span by our own actions - and others can do it to us....
Old 12-10-2010, 01:18 AM
Master
Imo, it was meant as in a manner of speaking, not literal(?) (accidents).
Old 12-10-2010, 01:24 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by pebble
I believe that we will not die till the appointed time..even when somebody commits suicide it was their time.
I do believe there are accidents that happen because we are careless, however, I believe that God/angels?? step in and protect us.
We are serving a life sentence here and we don't get out till time is served. lol

I also have walked away from 2 wrecks where my car was totaled. I watched from above as my body went into slow motion and was tossed forward, backward and sideways like a limp rag doll. I walked away without a scratch.

Appointed time? Who appoints one's time?

Suicide is the result of a deliberate action - it does not mean it was ever an intended one...

We don't serve a "life sentence". We choose a particular life to lead and are helped in making that choice - suicide MIGHT be a choice you make but exceptionally.

Neither god nor angels step in unless it's been previously agreed between yourself and them - orchestrated for a purpose. What a crazyworld it would be if there were unilateral interference in our lives - what would be the point of such lives?

Car wrecks and the like just possibly may be, but probably are not, intended to show you something by 'miraculously' surviving. Cause and effect is in action - if you weren't injured sufficiently to die then the effect is that you don't....

The 'slow motion' effect is likely down to the inability of our systems to respond in real time to the trauma.
Old 12-10-2010, 01:25 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
Imo, it was meant as in a manner of speaking, not literal(?) (accidents).

or maybe not....
Old 12-10-2010, 01:28 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
The 'slow motion' effect is likely down to the inability of our systems to respond in real time to the trauma.

Pebble was describing with great specificity that they were watching from above, as in an obe experience.
Old 12-10-2010, 01:29 AM
Jules

I'm a firm believer in when your time is up, it's up. No matter what age or what circumstance. Yes even dare I say it, abortion or miscarriage. I believe the soul makes a contract for this journey long before it's incarnated ..ergo .. no accident
Old 12-10-2010, 01:44 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
Pebble was describing with great specificity that they were watching from above, as in an obe experience.

Indeed she did and it may have been a short OBE, a result of the violence of the crash - I don't say 'accident'.

But that's just one issue - the perception of the events.