Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 11-04-2013, 08:43 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthJunkie

I am not addressing the mechanics of the brain, genetics, programming, conditioning, cognition, or neural network formation.

But I am.... you post for your reasons, I post for mine... :^)
Old 11-04-2013, 10:07 PM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
What I have originally intended is being lost in your interpretation.

Let me reiterate. Juanita introduced the term ADC which is after death communications; an effect when a deceased loved one makes contact with the living. Because this communication occurs after death does not imply that death has anything to do with the communication. All the symptoms point to spiritual communications regardless of when the last incarnation was experienced. I am addressing semantics only. Are all spirit to spirit communications ADC's? Yes and no and does it matter? I think not. Who is to say when the last physical incarnation occurred for a particular entity making contact?

I am not addressing the mechanics of the brain, genetics, programming, conditioning, cognition, or neural network formation.

You are complicating a very simple and common phenomena.....ADCs are between a living person, using their five senses, and spirit......what does incarnation have to do with it? spiritual communication is spiritual communication.....spirit to spirit is telepathic and no, as both spirits are dead....ADCs can occur from the moment of death until both parties are dead.....can't make it any clearer than that.....If you want to learn more, try "Hello from Heaven" by Bill and Judy Guggenheim...
Old 12-04-2013, 12:09 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanita
You are complicating a very simple and common phenomena.....ADCs are between a living person, using their five senses, and spirit......what does incarnation have to do with it? spiritual communication is spiritual communication.....spirit to spirit is telepathic and no, as both spirits are dead....ADCs can occur from the moment of death until both parties are dead.....can't make it any clearer than that.....If you want to learn more, try "Hello from Heaven" by Bill and Judy Guggenheim...

Thanks Juanita.

I did read about ADC on the net and from what I see that signature list of signs for ADC all point to what is commonly known as spiritual contact. What does ADC have to do with spiritual contact? It is a particular circumstance (after death) in which spiritual contact is experienced. You won't find ADC mentioned in ancient texts but you will find examples of spiritual contact.

I am not invalidating the concept either.
More power to those who share their knowledge.

I experience contact frequently and rarely if ever is death a function of that contact. That is the whole point I am trying to make.

As far as complicating things what may appear as simple is in fact not simple at all. The experience does not require analysis however for those of us who are engaged in a deeper understanding of the mechanisms making up the experience complexity is a given.
Old 12-04-2013, 12:11 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenK
But I am.... you post for your reasons, I post for mine... :^)

Had I known in advance that my point was not of interest I would have skipped trying to establish it.
Is there a thread on SF that explores the topic you mentioned?
Old 12-04-2013, 01:50 AM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
Thanks Juanita.

I did read about ADC on the net and from what I see that signature list of signs for ADC all point to what is commonly known as spiritual contact. What does ADC have to do with spiritual contact? It is a particular circumstance (after death) in which spiritual contact is experienced. You won't find ADC mentioned in ancient texts but you will find examples of spiritual contact.

I am not invalidating the concept either.
More power to those who share their knowledge.

I experience contact frequently and rarely if ever is death a function of that contact. That is the whole point I am trying to make.

As far as complicating things what may appear as simple is in fact not simple at all. The experience does not require analysis however for those of us who are engaged in a deeper understanding of the mechanisms making up the experience complexity is a given.

After-death-communication "is" spiritual contact.....and no, I don't think you will find that term in ancient texts as I believe it is a term recently coined.... I am not comprehending you..What do you mean death is rarely a function of spiritual contact? That doesn't make any sense.....to have contact/communication with spirit, they have to be dead....unless you are talking about ESP between living people...in which case the term ADC would not apply.....
Old 12-04-2013, 01:59 AM
StephenK

Quote:
Had I known in advance that my point was not of interest I would have skipped trying to establish it.
Is there a thread on SF that explores the topic you mentioned?

For a moment this was such a thread... you seemed focused on the importance of abbreviations and what they point to... I figured soul to soul communication itself is a no-brainer... I was simply exploring what limits, and what supports, this communication on a more practical level. If you "experience contact frequently" then why are you trying to redefine, or overly define, the obvious? Souls communicate... in endless numbers of ways, and at various times.... that point I believe is quite settled... :^)
Old 12-04-2013, 02:04 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanita
After-death-communication "is" spiritual contact.....and no, I don't think you will find that term in ancient texts as I believe it is a term recently coined.... I am not comprehending you..What do you mean death is rarely a function of spiritual contact? That doesn't make any sense.....to have contact/communication with spirit, they have to be dead....unless you are talking about ESP between living people...in which case the term ADC would not apply.....

I think we are on the same page it just took a few posts to get there. I have no loved ones who have passed and demonstrated ADC (that I can remember) however I have had a lot of guides and former friends who have passed at some point (they do not have bodies) and recently provided many years of 1:1 training. I wouldn't consider them loved ones in the same sense as a family member or close friend but I did experience the training as contact in all senses; within, and physical.
Old 12-04-2013, 02:21 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenK
For a moment this was such a thread... you seemed focused on the importance of abbreviations and what they point to... I figured soul to soul communication itself is a no-brainer... I was simply exploring what limits, and what supports, this communication on a more practical level. If you "experience contact frequently" then why are you trying to redefine, or overly define, the obvious? Souls communicate... in endless numbers of ways, and at various times.... that point I believe is quite settled... :^)

I choose not to use language loosely when discussing the nature of spirit. The mystery is deep enough as it is without vague references from a wide variety of sources. Currently I have no standing definition for the word soul. I have heard many definitions over the years none of which appear to be completely credible.

When I enter a topic I tend to spend time with it. While I was trying to close an argument I was not ready to entertain the direction you had started in and I assumed that you were making reference to my argument which was registered as a tangent or side conversation.

I will spend some time evaluating the material you presented as I can. If I feel there is something to dialog over I will post it here.

Thanks for your patience and understanding. :)
Old 12-04-2013, 03:58 AM
StephenK

Quote:
When I enter a topic I tend to spend time with it. While I was trying to close an argument I was not ready to entertain the direction you had started in and I assumed that you were making reference to my argument which was registered as a tangent or side conversation.

While I love the tangent... :^)

I noticed that when I was studying nutrition that the segue becomes everything. I would be looking into one segment of a diet/food/method of production, when an odd aspect would catch my eye and I would instantly pivot into an angle that I hadn't even thought to entertain before that. By following this flow I've been all over the place in regards to the implications of what "food" is. And with time the entire subject of nutrition becomes very-much alive, with various streams of overlapping similarities and contrasts.

I tend to do this with every subject that catches my eye... it can start out as one thing but as the idiocracies unfold it can drift into something most interesting. I assume that your teachers don't normally operate in a linear manor..? Neither do mine... I enjoy remaining loose enough to flexibly follow their lead... and I watch for the segue with rapt attention.. I have a huge library of exposures from such travels.... :^)
Old 22-05-2013, 04:50 PM
Adrian Jackson

Watch videos on NDEs