Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 17-11-2019, 11:42 AM
hazada guess

Try the Pineal gland in the Brain.
Old 17-11-2019, 06:21 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundJohnstone
You see, I want to believe, but I don't have the proof, and the worst thing is that everything can be reduced to hallucination.

It seems as if direct experience is the only proof which might satisfy you. It is obviously difficult to plan a near-death experience. So why not dedicate yourself to the study and practice of astral projection? If you can consciously project your consciousness out of the body then that might show you whether consciousness can exist outside the physical brain.

This will require persistence. But you often say how much you want proof, so presumably you will consider the effort worthwhile. If you have direct experience then you can stop relying on the theories of other people. If you are not willing to make the effort then perhaps your desire for proof is not that strong.

Peace
Old 17-11-2019, 06:31 PM
Master

Quote:
Unfortunately, this is how Spirituality appears to Science, and that's why it probably gets ridiculed.

It also shows how science appears to spirituality - ie science is very limited in its thinking and unable to answer the deeper questions of life.

Peace
Old 18-11-2019, 06:49 AM
Newbie ;)

I was hoping this Spiritual Forum might be a 'safe space' and we didn't really have to deal with people who are of the view that all spiritual experiences and phenomena are bunk, since that is the kind of discussions you may expect to see in a more open forum like on YouTube or Facebook and even though I haven't had any of those discussions for years, I didn't enjoy them much back in the day.

However I will say that I have observed that not all scientists are in agreement with the skeptics and some even characterise the aggressive skeptical way of thinking as pseudo skepticism and even as 'Scientism'. Skeptics are typically not thinking scientifically, just making the assumption that the dominant scientific paradigm explains everything and there many of us who disagree with that.
Old 21-11-2019, 05:15 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Hi
I am not trying to prove anyone wrong, and not belittleling anyone.

I am open minded but I like to filtrate information. What is a soul ? Where is it located? If soul=consciousness and consciousness is not local, where is it? How is it attached to our physical body? Now to all those questions anyone can say anything about it, such as silver cord.

I don't regard myself as a complete skeptic trying to prove anyone wrong, I regard myself as an open minded-skeptic, looking for credible answers (and yes I know person has his/her own reality, as the truth is relative to one's agenda)

To be honest, the most compelling theory for me is the one postulated by Penrose and Hameroff that consciousness might reside in the microtubules, or that consciousness might be quantum entangled with within the brain's consciousness, but those are just theories. I also consider a possibility of what the UVA Board has been researching on, however there is just subjective experience unfortunately.

You see, I want to believe, but I don't have the proof, and the worst thing is that everything can be reduced to hallucination.

Edmund, what I believe to be the key missing link in your bridge between the physical and spiritual is the existence of additional dimensions beyond the three our physical senses directly detect. Amazing spiritual realms of reality exist in these higher dimensions.

We are actually a physical body with interpenetrating physical, etheric, astral and mental bodies. Only the physical body is directly detectable by the physical senses. At death the super-physical bodies continue without the physical body and you may not at first even realize you dropped the physical body (as is often reported in Near Death Experiences).
Old 26-11-2019, 10:53 PM
Burntfruit

Yes and yes.
Old 25-01-2020, 02:02 AM
Newbie ;)

All I can offer is what my understanding is
Everything from leaves on a tree and the flowers in the winter. They die and come back every spring. At least that is how I comprehended it.
Old 25-01-2020, 09:43 AM
Newbie ;)

The Afterlife

The difference between this life and the afterlife is a very thin veil between our perception of reality as we know it and another.

It is possible to step through the veil and experience life outside of our own. Perception is unique to the viewer. We all choose to believe our own truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onehope
Re Jamespearson886
" so is there a after life or do we get reincarnated
i have red up on so many differnt spiritual beliefs and i like the thought of being reincarnated but after reading everything i have it seems to me that after life talk is there to comfort man letting him believe we will live for ever so its there so death doesnt scare us. anyone else have any thoughts"

I am new to this Forum but not new to reading and seeking answers about such questions and more on all topics Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernaturalall , etc...
How does one determine what is and what is not?
We hear "from some" about meditation and connecting with guides and spirits. We hear about communication with loved ones that have passed.

I have not been able to have these connections but have always been a seeker and open to such.

-Is there an afterlife or is it just wishful thinking?
-Can anyone on this forum say for sure based on their "gift as Medium" and or "to communicate" that there is a life beyond death?
-What do these spirits tell us about what their purpose is? Do they watch us/see all we do all day?

Like most on here, I have so many questions and am seeking to believe in something. I hope to learn from you all and to gain some personal and or spiritual strength in my journey.
Old 26-01-2020, 06:56 AM
Experiencer
this question is hilarious because you will get different answers depending what someone's religion background is or spiritual inclinations so to speak.

I think what @Bruce above me said is very correct, it is perception. the spiritual world is here, not 'there somewhere'. it is possible many things are true as well. you are not your thoughts, when you forget this, you become your thoughts, which happens on a day to day basis. though, when you die, the thoughts may be over but you are not.
Old 26-01-2020, 03:32 PM
hazada guess

[quote=Bubbles]this question is hilarious because you will get different answers depending what someone's religion background is or spiritual inclinations so to speak.

I think what @Bruce above me said is very correct, it is perception. the spiritual world is here, not 'there somewhere'. it is possible many things are true as well. you are not your thoughts, when you forget this, you become your thoughts, which happens on a day to day basis.

Spot on.