Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 27-09-2019, 10:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker

@ God-Like ... what you wish to say about caring is not clear to me.

All Adams is saying is that our true Self is not the ego self associated with mind-body. He says our true self is Sat Chit Ananda or Brahman. To awake to this truth, we need to totally exit association with the mind body.

The mind body remains for earth life experience. But we now know by having seen that we are not this but That.

The shift involves an actual becoming or let us say, blossoming and so analysing it with the same limited mind we need to drop to get to what is beyond mind is futile.

All I am saying is that in order to care about something or someone there must be a clear reference to that which is cared about. There is also an attachment there.

You cannot care for your family and protect your family when you imply that one must not identify with the mind-body-world for it makes no sense..

Do you see it is impossible to not identify with the mind-body-world and still care about it in some shape or form.

You cannot be absent of ego and protect your child from an abuser.

Do you understand?

It's no good Adams speaking about the non ego self as an observer simply witnessing the slaughter of people without reacting to what is perceived to be happening. Adams quote spoke about not rising to the experience/s.

What is perceived to be happening is the slaughter of people .. You can only know this to be happening if you firstly identify the self ego.

If it is absent and you are not identifying with the mind-body-world, then one would not be understanding what is happening.

This would be the only reason why and for how an non ego self peep could simply observe such an act and not respond emotionally.

Now let me ask you again, Who cares about the family that is slaughtered? Is it Robert Adams that Cares?

Do you understand the question now?

x daz x
Old 27-09-2019, 01:25 PM
Master

Caring is one thing and attachment another. Like concern vs worry.

We are here in this body ... what Robert says is that know that we are merely in occupation of it, being actually bliss awareness in permanence.

Bliss, joy, compassion are aspects of Divine Love. We are empathetic and we care but are detached from consequences.

There aren’t two different consciousnesses. Only one. It cares. For all including family.

There need not be passivity in earth life. On the contrary, the engagement is whole hearted, yet flowing. Misalignments of people opposed to Divine Love are opposed if it harms others.

There is no contradiction as I see it.

Old 27-09-2019, 01:28 PM
Master
Quote:

We are here in this body ... what Robert says is that know that we are merely in occupation of it, being actually bliss awareness in permanence.

Bliss, joy, compassion are aspects of Divine Love. We are empathetic and we care but are detached from consequences.

There aren’t two different consciousnesses. Only one. It cares. For all including family.

There need not be passivity in earth life. On the contrary, the engagement is whole hearted, yet flowing. Misalignments of people opposed to Divine Love are opposed if it harms others.

A lot of nice food provided in this quote.
Thanks for presenting.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 27-09-2019, 01:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
I am surprised you received that saying so much differently than I did.... difference in personalities, I guess.

We all see things as we do, our personalities can reflect differences at times ..

I am trying to fathom out how anyone, let alone a spiritual teacher / master / guru can stand idly by observing the abuse of their loved one's and not rising to it, trying to defend them.

It makes no sense to observe these acts from a non ego position . It's spiritual floating talk, that isn't actually lived but sounds good from some warped perspective, trying to emphasise a grand spiritual position by pretending one can simply observe life's experiences in this way.

Sure enough, many can testify that they can observe being aware from a crossed legged position while in a deep peaceful state, but it doesn't work in normal life .. it doesn't work when you are confronted by an oncoming lion that is about to bite your head off lol ..

All this non ego stuff, all this non identifying with the world stuff, wont save you from the lion . It serves no purpose to pretend one doesn't self identify with this world in reflection of the lion .

If one wasn't self- ego- identified with this world, then there would be no knowledge of what the lion is and what it could potentially do to you .

This why I don't buy into folk saying there not ego identified and still know what a lion is or what it means to lose a loved one ..

Makes no sense .. It's actually impossible to do so .. but maybe to some it sounds good and mighty spiritual ..

x daz x
Old 27-09-2019, 01:46 PM
Master
Quote:

Who is Robert? Is this Robert caring for his family?

You see, you also say there is only one consciousness but you divide it up into little pieces regarding the true self, the false self and the ego.

So we have the false ego self caring for the family and we have the real self simply observing like a robot ..

Your not addressing my question/s

When the ego is absent, when there is only observation, then there is no caring or defending family members.

How can the ego be absent and yet robert cares and defends his family at the same time.

It doesn't work.

x daz x
Old 27-09-2019, 01:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
Sure enough, many can testify that they can observe being aware from a crossed legged position while in a deep peaceful state, but it doesn't work in normal life .. it doesn't work when you are confronted by an oncoming lion that is about to bite your head off lol ..
I have never seen a lion that could bite my head off......

but then..... I have been in comparable situations.

.....How one person reacts in a difficult situation generally is completely
different then how another persons reacts.

Who is to judge?

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 27-09-2019, 01:53 PM
Master
Quote:
I have never seen a lion that could bite my head off......

but then..... I have been in comparable situations.

.....How one person reacts in a difficult situation generally is completely
different then how another persons reacts.

Who is to judge?

Sure we all react differently, but we act differently based upon how we perceive ourselves in reflection of the lion .

This is self identifying with the mind-body-world ..

An non ego self wouldn't react to the lion because it would not be seen as a lion .

Simply observing, is just that ..

x daz x
Old 27-09-2019, 04:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
Sure we all react differently, but we act differently based upon how we perceive ourselves in reflection of the lion .

This is self identifying with the mind-body-world ..

An non ego self wouldn't react to the lion because it would not be seen as a lion .

Simply observing, is just that ..

x daz x
The only thing I can relate to this is:

One day I was up in the mountains and noticed the tracks of a mountain lion. It appeared the mountain lion was on the prowl. I made note of this and went on my way.

The next day I was in the same area and noticed the mountain lion had killed a deer and ate part of the carcass. I noticed other hikers, and none noticed the deer near the trail nor the mountain lion's foot prints.

Sometimes, we make too much of nothing....... or something like that.

Old 27-09-2019, 08:44 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Sometimes, we make too much of nothing...
Good one..don't think I didn't notice it!!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 27-09-2019, 09:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Good one..don't think I didn't notice it!!
Glad you brought that to my attention.....
I have no memory of writing that expression.